|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(b) Why these murders happened.
(c) What the meaning of life is.
(d) What defines right and wrong.
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(b) It serves as a backdrop.
(c) It enhances his credibility.
(d) It gives credit to the contributors.
4. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a writer.
(b) Being a plumber.
(c) Being a priest.
(d) Being a salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
2. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
3. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
4. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
5. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)