|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(d) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was her cousin.
(c) He was her husband.
(d) He was her father.
3. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were helping with its destruction.
(b) They were being charitable in return.
(c) They were fueling the economy.
(d) They were doing God's will.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The motives of his brothers.
(b) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(c) A timeline of the day.
(d) The history of his family.
5. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(b) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) The gender of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
2. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
5. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)