|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) Money and celebrity for the church.
(b) The return of polygamy.
(c) A new promise land.
(d) A new take on government.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
3. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) His house was owned by the church.
(b) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(c) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(d) He'd stolen money from them.
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
(a) Smart was being forced into a polygamist lifestyle.
(b) Smart's family was wealthier.
(c) Smart's abductors were famous.
(d) Smart's captors wanted ransom money.
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They rejected them.
(b) They tried to correct them.
(c) They praised them.
(d) They ignored them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
5. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)