|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted another husband.
(b) She wasn't abused.
(c) She wanted him to marry more women.
(d) She was afraid of him.
2. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(b) It could only happen once a week.
(c) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(d) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
3. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) A timeline of the day.
(b) The motives of his brothers.
(c) The history of his family.
(d) The history of the School of the Prophets.
4. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(b) The location of the Promised Land.
(c) The gender of God.
5. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(d) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
2. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
4. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
5. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)