|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) A new take on government.
(c) The return of polygamy.
(d) Money and celebrity for the church.
2. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
3. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(b) People were much more at ease.
(c) People were afraid of their husbands.
(d) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
4. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It gives credit to the contributors.
(b) It enhances his credibility.
(c) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(d) It serves as a backdrop.
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They praised them.
(b) They tried to correct them.
(c) They rejected them.
(d) They ignored them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
2. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
4. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
5. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)