|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(b) It could only happen once a week.
(c) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(d) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted another husband.
(b) She wasn't abused.
(c) She wanted him to marry more women.
(d) She was afraid of him.
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was afraid of her father.
(b) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(c) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(d) She was in love with another man.
4. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) She'd killed her husband.
(b) Blackmore was abusing her.
(c) She'd cheated on her husband.
(d) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
5. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
(b) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(c) They follow the same leader.
(d) They live together.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
2. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
4. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
5. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)