|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) The gender of God.
(b) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) Their rights as American citizens.
2. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(b) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(c) People were afraid of their husbands.
(d) People were much more at ease.
3. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It outlawed polygamy.
(b) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(c) It invalidated personal revelations.
(d) It legalized polygamy.
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(b) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
5. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The number of children.
(b) The strict rules.
(c) The low standards of living.
(d) The patriarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
2. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
4. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
5. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)