|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) 50 years.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What defines right and wrong.
(b) What the meaning of life is.
(c) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(d) Why these murders happened.
3. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) She'd killed her husband.
(b) Blackmore was abusing her.
(c) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(d) She'd cheated on her husband.
4. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
(b) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(c) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(d) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
5. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)