|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Chicago Sun Times.
(b) Salt Lake Tribune.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Laffertys' diaries.
2. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(b) The gender of God.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) Their rights as American citizens.
3. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(b) He'd stolen money from them.
(c) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) 50 years.
(c) The death sentence.
(d) Life in prison.
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They praised them.
(b) They ignored them.
(c) They rejected them.
(d) They tried to correct them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
2. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
3. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
4. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
5. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)