|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
(a) He was her husband.
(b) He was her cousin.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her father.
2. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(b) People were much more at ease.
(c) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(d) People were afraid of their husbands.
3. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) 25 years.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) The death sentence.
5. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She was afraid of him.
(b) She wanted him to marry more women.
(c) She wanted another husband.
(d) She wasn't abused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
2. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
3. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
4. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)