|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) Money and celebrity for the church.
(c) The return of polygamy.
(d) A new take on government.
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It outlawed polygamy.
(b) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(c) It legalized polygamy.
(d) It invalidated personal revelations.
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What defines right and wrong.
(b) Why these murders happened.
(c) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
4. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
5. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The low standards of living.
(b) The patriarchy.
(c) The number of children.
(d) The strict rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
3. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
4. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
5. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)