|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(b) 25 years.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) The death sentence.
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was angry with her parents.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(d) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(b) The governor received a revelation from God.
(c) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(d) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
(a) They praised them.
(b) They rejected them.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They tried to correct them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
2. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
3. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
4. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
5. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)