|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(b) 50 years.
(d) Life in prison.
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
(b) Blackmore was abusing her.
(c) She'd cheated on her husband.
(d) She'd killed her husband.
4. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a plumber.
(b) Being a priest.
(c) Being a salesman.
(d) Being a writer.
5. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) A new take on government.
(c) Money and celebrity for the church.
(d) The return of polygamy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
2. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
3. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
4. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
5. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)