|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(b) It could only happen once a week.
(c) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(d) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wasn't abused.
(b) She wanted another husband.
(c) She wanted him to marry more women.
(d) She was afraid of him.
3. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were doing God's will.
(b) They were being charitable in return.
(c) They were helping with its destruction.
(d) They were fueling the economy.
4. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(c) Father and son.
5. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It serves as a backdrop.
(b) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(c) It enhances his credibility.
(d) It gives credit to the contributors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
2. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
3. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
5. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)