|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) 25 years.
2. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The number of children.
(b) The strict rules.
(c) The low standards of living.
(d) The patriarchy.
3. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) His house was owned by the church.
(b) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) He was criticizing the church to the media.
4. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(b) It outlawed polygamy.
(c) It legalized polygamy.
(d) It invalidated personal revelations.
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a priest.
(b) Being a plumber.
(c) Being a salesman.
(d) Being a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
4. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)