|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(b) She was afraid of her father.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
2. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(d) Father and son.
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(c) His speeches.
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The police are also polygamists.
(b) The girls are very attached to their families.
(c) The girls are raised to comply.
(d) There is strict security in the communities.
5. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
(a) To discuss he closeness of brothers.
(b) To discuss the evolution of religion.
(c) To discuss crime committed in the name of God.
(d) To discuss the necessity of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
2. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
3. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
4. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
5. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)