|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(b) People were much more at ease.
(c) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(d) People were afraid of their husbands.
2. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen once a week.
(b) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(c) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(d) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(b) Father and son.
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) There is strict security in the communities.
(b) The girls are raised to comply.
(c) The police are also polygamists.
(d) The girls are very attached to their families.
5. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Salt Lake Tribune.
(b) Chicago Sun Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Laffertys' diaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
2. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
3. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)