|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was very beautiful and kind.
(b) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(c) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(d) She was angry with her parents.
2. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) The gender of God.
3. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
(a) Smart was being forced into a polygamist lifestyle.
(b) Smart's family was wealthier.
(c) Smart's captors wanted ransom money.
(d) Smart's abductors were famous.
4. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted another husband.
(b) She wanted him to marry more women.
(c) She wasn't abused.
(d) She was afraid of him.
5. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The low standards of living.
(b) The patriarchy.
(c) The number of children.
(d) The strict rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
2. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)