|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(b) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(c) Green was trying to take over the government.
(d) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
2. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) The gender of God.
3. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
4. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was afraid of her father.
(b) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(c) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(d) She was in love with another man.
5. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The girls are raised to comply.
(b) The police are also polygamists.
(c) There is strict security in the communities.
(d) The girls are very attached to their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
5. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)