|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
(a) He was her husband.
(b) He was her brother.
(c) He was her cousin.
(d) He was her father.
2. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The motives of his brothers.
(b) A timeline of the day.
(c) The history of his family.
(d) The history of the School of the Prophets.
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(b) His speeches.
4. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
(b) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(c) They live together.
(d) They follow the same leader.
5. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(d) Their mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
2. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
5. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)