|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) There is strict security in the communities.
(b) The girls are raised to comply.
(c) The girls are very attached to their families.
(d) The police are also polygamists.
2. Why was the Bateman family on Mount Dellenbaugh?
(a) They were looking for the Francher group.
(b) They were planning to settle there.
(c) They were searching for the Dream Mine.
(d) They were looking for an old signature.
3. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
4. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
(a) He believed he was abandoning his people.
(b) To confess his faults.
(c) He missed his home.
(d) To get his family.
5. Why did Mormons join the Confederacy?
(a) They were paid to join.
(b) They were against the United States government.
(c) They liked the South.
(d) They wanted to keep their slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
2. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
4. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
5. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)