Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were helping with its destruction.
(b) They were being charitable in return.
(c) They were doing God's will.
(d) They were fueling the economy.
2. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(b) To make the LDS a political party.
(c) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(d) To give Mormons rights.
3. Mormons attacked the Missourians after an _______ Missourian beat a Mormon man.
4. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
(a) Onias' autobiography.
(b) The Book of Mormon.
(c) The Psalm of the School of the Prophets.
(d) The Peace Maker.
5. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
(a) She threatened to sue him.
(b) She threatened to leave him.
(c) She threatened to take another husband.
(d) She threatened to start a new religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
2. Why, according to Krakauer, is it difficult for Mormon's to paint a flaw-free picture of Smith?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
4. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)