Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) Money and celebrity for the church.
(c) The return of polygamy.
(d) A new take on government.
2. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
3. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
4. Krakauer explains that many Christians converted to Mormonism because of __________________.
(a) The corruption of other religions.
(b) They were forced to convert.
(c) The promises of wealth and fame.
(d) Its modern approach to religion.
5. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
(a) It wasn't part of the United States at the time.
(b) It was sparsely populated.
(c) It was Smith's birthplace.
(d) They believed the original Garden of Eden was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
2. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
5. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)