Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What defines right and wrong.
(b) What the meaning of life is.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
2. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni read them to him.
(b) He learned German.
(c) He polished the plates.
(d) Moroni gave him peep stones.
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(b) She was afraid of her father.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
4. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wasn't abused.
(b) She wanted another husband.
(c) She wanted him to marry more women.
(d) She was afraid of him.
5. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His worldliness.
(c) His charisma.
(d) His wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
2. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
4. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
5. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)