Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The motives of his brothers.
(b) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(c) A timeline of the day.
(d) The history of his family.
2. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was very beautiful and kind.
(b) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(c) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(d) She was angry with her parents.
3. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
4. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It outlawed polygamy.
(b) It invalidated personal revelations.
(c) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(d) It legalized polygamy.
5. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(b) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(c) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(d) It could only happen once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
2. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
5. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)