|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Why these murders happened.
(b) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(c) What defines right and wrong.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
3. After attempting to knock Brenda unconscious, what does Ron want to do?
(a) Rob her.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Kill her.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(d) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
5. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It serves as a backdrop.
(b) It enhances his credibility.
(c) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(d) It gives credit to the contributors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
5. What dilemma were Mormons faced with after the death of Smith?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)