|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
(a) The Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(b) The angel Moroni.
(c) Young's rise to power.
(d) The Lafferty murders.
2. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(b) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
(c) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(d) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
3. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He didn't warn her.
(b) He provoked his brothers.
(c) He prayed for it to happen.
(d) He gave them money for the murder.
4. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It serves as a backdrop.
(b) It enhances his credibility.
(c) It gives credit to the contributors.
(d) It adds extra bulk to the book.
5. Missourians disliked that the Mormons came into their state with an attitude of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
2. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
4. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
5. Who did the Francher group think was attacking them?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)