|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Law criticized Smith to the media.
(b) Smith stole Law's money.
(c) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
(d) Law tried to seduce Emma.
2. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
3. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They were present.
(b) They tried to protect Brenda.
(c) They called the police.
(d) They organized it.
4. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Smith's law.
(b) Basic human rights.
(c) Natural law.
(d) God's law.
5. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
(a) To reform the church.
(b) To follow Smith.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To kill his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
2. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
3. What did Warren do with Rulon's ferry service?
4. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
5. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)