|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
(a) He lost all his money.
(b) He was following the early teachings of Mormon.
(c) He was living in the wilderness.
(d) He wanted to prove his love for God.
2. According to Krakauer, what makes people today able to identify with Smith?
(a) He left video tapes for his future followers.
(b) He's depicted as a real person with flaws.
(c) He predicted the future.
(d) He made strides in eliminating racism.
3. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Smith stole Law's money.
(b) Law criticized Smith to the media.
(c) Law tried to seduce Emma.
(d) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
4. While Ron and Dan discuss their plan at their mother's house, she is _____ within hearing distance.
5. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
(a) He promised them eternal life.
(b) He lied about his identity.
(c) The treasure was fools gold.
(d) He never found any treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
5. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)