|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
2. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
(a) She wanted them to convert to Christianity.
(b) Ron was bored.
(c) The brothers looked up to him.
(d) She wanted to get him out of the house.
3. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) Money and celebrity for the church.
(c) A new take on government.
(d) The return of polygamy.
4. What did Rulon Jeffs believe about himself?
(a) He was the chosen one.
(b) He was meant to have many sons.
(c) He was not as great as his father.
(d) He would be the ultimate prophet of the LDS.
5. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
(a) They were alive earlier than the story claims.
(b) They never settled in North America.
(c) They were not affiliated with any of the groups Smith claimed.
(d) They had no Hebrew descent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lavina Stubbs loose all her money?
2. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
3. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
4. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
5. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)