|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) The angels discussed are different.
(c) Mormonism is much younger.
(d) The books cite different eras.
2. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
(a) He was wealthy and generous.
(b) He reminded them of Smith.
(c) He was friends with many politicians.
(d) He was young.
3. How did Smith convince Emma to support his polygamist marriage?
(a) He gave her lots of money.
(b) He wrote her a poem.
(c) He told her God would be happy.
(d) He told her she would be doomed to hell.
4. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The girls are raised to comply.
(b) The girls are very attached to their families.
(c) The police are also polygamists.
(d) There is strict security in the communities.
5. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(b) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(c) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(d) Green was trying to take over the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
4. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)