|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Mormons respond to being attacked by Missourians in October, 1838?
(a) They tried to surrender.
(b) They prayed.
(c) They fought back.
(d) They fled.
2. After Woodruff's reign, who believed polygamy was valid?
(c) The government.
(d) Modern Mormons.
3. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
(a) His wife's death.
(b) The Edmunds Act of 1882.
(c) The creation of Section 132.
(d) His excommunication.
4. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was in love with another man.
(b) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(c) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(d) She was afraid of her father.
5. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He forgot his glasses.
(b) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(c) He was angrier with her than before.
(d) He wanted to reason with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
2. What was the speculation about why Smith's successor died?
3. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
4. Why was the Francher group targeted by the Mormons?
5. How did Dan remember his childhood?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)