|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
(a) Young's rise to power.
(b) The angel Moroni.
(c) The Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(d) The Lafferty murders.
2. How did Smith convince Emma to support his polygamist marriage?
(a) He told her she would be doomed to hell.
(b) He gave her lots of money.
(c) He wrote her a poem.
(d) He told her God would be happy.
3. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(b) It could only happen once a week.
(c) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(d) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The history of his family.
(b) The motives of his brothers.
(c) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(d) A timeline of the day.
5. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) Two days.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
2. Smith did NOT leave his followers with guidelines on ______________.
3. Why did Mormons settle in Missouri?
4. When did Dianna become unhappy with her marriage to Ron?
5. What was Warren's tool for leadership?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)