|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
2. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Basic human rights.
(b) Natural law.
(c) God's law.
(d) Smith's law.
3. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(c) The gender of God.
(d) The location of the Promised Land.
4. What was the Illinois governor's one condition for the cease-fire?
(a) The Mormons had to apologize.
(b) The Mormons had to repair the damage.
(c) The Mormons had to pay them a million dollars.
(d) The Mormons had to leave the United States.
5. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(b) His house was owned by the church.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) He was criticizing the church to the media.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
4. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
5. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)