|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) God told him to in his revelation.
(c) To destroy evidence.
(d) To make it more portable.
2. Why did the Illinois governor order a cease-fire?
(a) They were being defeated.
(b) He had a revelation from God.
(c) He was tired of fighting.
(d) He feared civil war.
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(b) She was afraid of her father.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
4. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(b) It serves as a backdrop.
(c) It gives credit to the contributors.
(d) It enhances his credibility.
5. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Young choose to settle near the Great Salt Lake?
2. What were people afraid of after Rulon's death?
3. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
4. What did the crimes of the LeBarons and Laffertys have in common?
5. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)