|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did non-Mormons feel about the beliefs printed in the Book of Mormon?
2. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They follow the same leader.
(b) They live together.
(c) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(d) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(b) His speeches.
4. The LeBaron brothers thought themselves to be _______________.
(a) Soldiers of the Devil.
(c) Lambs of God.
5. How did Smith convince Emma to support his polygamist marriage?
(a) He told her God would be happy.
(b) He gave her lots of money.
(c) He wrote her a poem.
(d) He told her she would be doomed to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Mormons allowed to settle in Caldwell County?
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
3. Brigham Young was picked partially because of his beliefs on ______.
4. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
5. Why was Young, as a person, appealing to Mormons?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)