|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(b) People were much more at ease.
(c) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
(d) People were afraid of their husbands.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
3. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) There was a time limit on them.
(b) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(c) He couldn't understand them.
(d) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
4. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(d) His speeches.
5. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(b) The seasons.
(c) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
2. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
3. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
4. How did Dan remember his childhood?
5. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)