|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
(a) Smart's family was wealthier.
(b) Smart was being forced into a polygamist lifestyle.
(c) Smart's abductors were famous.
(d) Smart's captors wanted ransom money.
2. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) 25 years.
3. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) A timeline of the day.
(b) The history of his family.
(c) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(d) The motives of his brothers.
5. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) There was a time limit on them.
(b) He couldn't understand them.
(c) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(d) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
2. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
3. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
4. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
5. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)