|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
(a) To support their cause.
(b) To offer to God.
(c) To use as bribes.
(d) To help them through hard times.
2. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(b) His mother.
(c) A rock.
(d) The seasons.
3. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(b) The gender of God.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) Their rights as American citizens.
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
(a) The death sentence.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) 25 years.
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) A timeline of the day.
(b) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(c) The history of his family.
(d) The motives of his brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
2. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
5. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)