|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The history of his family.
(b) A timeline of the day.
(c) The motives of his brothers.
(d) The history of the School of the Prophets.
2. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he paid Moroni.
(b) If he went to the mountain.
(c) If he prayed ten times a day.
(d) If he married Emma Harris.
3. What effect did the strict regulations on sex in fundamentalist communities have, according to Debbie?
(a) People were afraid of their husbands.
(b) People were much more at ease.
(c) Sexual assault was common amongst teens.
(d) Sexual assault was rare and severely punished.
4. Krakauer says he will try to explain the ______ of the Lafferty brothers' murders.
5. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(b) Only church leaders could have revelations.
(c) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(d) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
2. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Dan's sentence?
4. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
5. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)