|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
2. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(b) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(c) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(d) Green was trying to take over the government.
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What defines right and wrong.
(b) Why these murders happened.
(c) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
4. According to Krakauer, why did Smart's abduction draw so much attention and a thorough search?
(a) Smart's family was wealthier.
(b) Smart's captors wanted ransom money.
(c) Smart was being forced into a polygamist lifestyle.
(d) Smart's abductors were famous.
5. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(b) Father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
2. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
3. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
4. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
5. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)