|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
(a) The strict rules.
(b) The number of children.
(c) The patriarchy.
(d) The low standards of living.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
(c) Why these murders happened.
(d) What defines right and wrong.
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he paid Moroni.
4. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) There was a time limit on them.
(b) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(c) He couldn't understand them.
(d) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
5. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
(a) Being a salesman.
(b) Being a priest.
(c) Being a plumber.
(d) Being a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
2. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
3. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
4. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
5. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)