|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(b) Moroni read them to him.
(c) He polished the plates.
(d) He learned German.
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(b) It legalized polygamy.
(c) It outlawed polygamy.
(d) It invalidated personal revelations.
3. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As an unconventional one.
(b) He has no memory of it.
(c) As a happy one.
(d) As a traumatic one.
4. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(d) Their mother's.
5. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(b) He threatened her.
(c) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
(d) She needed money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
2. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
3. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
4. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
5. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)