|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) Why these murders happened.
(c) What defines right and wrong.
(d) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
2. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It gives credit to the contributors.
(b) It serves as a backdrop.
(c) It enhances his credibility.
(d) It adds extra bulk to the book.
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
(a) Laffertys' diaries.
(b) Salt Lake Tribune.
(c) Chicago Sun Times.
(d) New York Times.
4. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
(a) To help them through hard times.
(b) To support their cause.
(c) To offer to God.
(d) To use as bribes.
5. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) Many people left the church.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was excommunicated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
2. How was Allen Lafferty related to Brenda?
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
4. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
5. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)