|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wasn't abused.
(b) She wanted him to marry more women.
(c) She was afraid of him.
(d) She wanted another husband.
2. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As a happy one.
(b) He has no memory of it.
(c) As a traumatic one.
(d) As an unconventional one.
3. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to reason with politicians.
(b) How to have personal revelations.
(c) How to praise God.
(d) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
4. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(b) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
(c) She needed money.
(d) He threatened her.
5. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he paid Moroni.
(b) If he married Emma Harris.
(c) If he went to the mountain.
(d) If he prayed ten times a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
2. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
3. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
4. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
5. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)