|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) The return of polygamy.
(b) A new take on government.
(c) Money and celebrity for the church.
(d) A new promise land.
2. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(b) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(c) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(d) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
3. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
(b) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(c) Only church leaders could have revelations.
(d) Only children of current leaders could lead.
4. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) There was a time limit on them.
(b) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(c) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(d) He couldn't understand them.
5. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His worldliness.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His charisma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan and Ron believed Brenda and Erica's deaths were _______.
2. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
5. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)