|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They follow the same leader.
(b) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
(c) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(d) They live together.
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(b) It outlawed polygamy.
(c) It invalidated personal revelations.
(d) It legalized polygamy.
3. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(b) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
(c) Ruby was poor.
(d) Ruby ran away.
4. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
(a) To follow Smith.
(b) To kill his wife.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To reform the church.
5. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
(a) It could only happen on every anniversary.
(b) It could only happen when one was selected from the lottery.
(c) It could only happen if a woman was ovulating.
(d) It could only happen once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
2. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
3. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
4. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
5. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)