|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He'd stolen money from them.
(b) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(c) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(d) His house was owned by the church.
2. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to praise God.
(b) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
(c) How to reason with politicians.
(d) How to have personal revelations.
3. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
(a) It gives credit to the contributors.
(b) It serves as a backdrop.
(c) It adds extra bulk to the book.
(d) It enhances his credibility.
4. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
5. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Their marriage was ordained by God.
(b) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(c) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
(d) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
2. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
3. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)