|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wasn't abused.
(b) She wanted him to marry more women.
(c) She was afraid of him.
(d) She wanted another husband.
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His worldliness.
3. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was afraid of her father.
(b) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
4. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
(a) He was temporarily insane and didn't realize what he was doing.
(b) Elizabeth asked him to save her from her family.
(c) He was a man and could do anything he wanted.
(d) Their marriage was ordained by God.
5. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As an unconventional one.
(b) He has no memory of it.
(c) As a happy one.
(d) As a traumatic one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
2. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
3. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
4. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
5. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)