|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
(a) Father and son.
2. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
3. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(b) Their mother's.
4. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he prayed ten times a day.
(b) If he paid Moroni.
(c) If he went to the mountain.
(d) If he married Emma Harris.
5. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) His house was owned by the church.
(b) He'd broken Mormon laws.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) He was criticizing the church to the media.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
3. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
4. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
5. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)