|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to reason with politicians.
(b) How to praise God.
(c) How to have personal revelations.
(d) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
2. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(b) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
(c) Only church leaders could have revelations.
(d) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
3. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new take on government.
(b) The return of polygamy.
(c) Money and celebrity for the church.
(d) A new promise land.
4. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
5. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
(a) Why these murders happened.
(b) What defines right and wrong.
(c) What the meaning of life is.
(d) Whom the Lafferty family represents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
2. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
3. What job did Debbie's third husband quit?
4. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
5. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)