|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why was the search for Ruby Jessop less thorough than for Elizabeth Smart?
(a) Ruby ran away.
(b) Ruby's parents told the police not to.
(c) Ruby was poor.
(d) Ruby was born into a polygamist family.
2. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He claims the proof is invisible.
(b) He lost the translation.
(c) He had to return the gold plates.
(d) He lost the gold plates.
3. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to praise God.
(b) How to reason with politicians.
(c) How to have personal revelations.
(d) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
4. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
(a) At church.
(b) At chiropractic school.
(c) At his gym.
(d) At summer camp.
5. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
3. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
4. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
5. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)