|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As an unconventional one.
(b) He has no memory of it.
(c) As a happy one.
(d) As a traumatic one.
2. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) Many people left the church.
(b) He was excommunicated.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was killed.
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he married Emma Harris.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he went to the mountain.
(d) If he paid Moroni.
4. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(b) The history of his family.
(c) A timeline of the day.
(d) The motives of his brothers.
5. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
2. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
3. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
4. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
5. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)