|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) A new take on government.
(c) Money and celebrity for the church.
(d) The return of polygamy.
2. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
3. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was angry with her parents.
(b) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(c) She was very beautiful and kind.
(d) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
4. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wasn't abused.
(b) She was afraid of him.
(c) She wanted him to marry more women.
(d) She wanted another husband.
5. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He had to return the gold plates.
(b) He lost the translation.
(c) He lost the gold plates.
(d) He claims the proof is invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea of Mormon families was the biggest problem to Debbie Palmer?
2. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
4. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
5. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)