|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
(b) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(c) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(d) Green was trying to take over the government.
2. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new take on government.
(b) The return of polygamy.
(c) Money and celebrity for the church.
(d) A new promise land.
3. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) She needed money.
(b) He threatened her.
(c) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
(d) She felt she needed to learn from him.
4. Whose will did Dan and Ron believe they were carrying out?
(d) Their mother's.
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
(a) A timeline of the day.
(b) The history of the School of the Prophets.
(c) The history of his family.
(d) The motives of his brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
2. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
3. Krakauer uses direct quotes from the _____________.
4. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
5. Where did Dan first become introduced to the idea of polygamy?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)