|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why is it difficult for young girls to break away from abusive marriages in fundamentalist communities?
(a) The police are also polygamists.
(b) There is strict security in the communities.
(c) The girls are very attached to their families.
(d) The girls are raised to comply.
2. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he prayed ten times a day.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he paid Moroni.
3. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(a) His speeches.
4. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
5. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As a happy one.
(b) As a traumatic one.
(c) As an unconventional one.
(d) He has no memory of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
2. Debbie Palmer was her own step-grandmother because polygamist men have the right to marry their ______.
3. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
4. What does Krakuer explain is his larger objective in the story of the Laffertys?
5. How was sex regulated in fundamentalist Mormon communities?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)