|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) She was angry with her parents.
(d) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She was afraid of him.
(b) She wasn't abused.
(c) She wanted another husband.
(d) She wanted him to marry more women.
3. Why did Debbie decide to flee Bountiful?
(a) Blackmore was abusing her.
(b) She'd killed her husband.
(c) She'd cheated on her husband.
(d) Blackmore wanted to marry her daughter.
4. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
5. Why did Flora Jessop flee her home?
(a) She was being forced into a polygamist marriage.
(b) She wasn't sure she wanted to be Mormon anymore.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) She was afraid of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the facts Krakauer provides?
2. According to the Latter Day Saints, why did Moroni leave them gold?
3. What question does Krakauer claim he will answer in "Under the Banner of Heaven"?
4. For the murders of Brenda and Erica Lafferty, what was Ron's sentence?
5. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)