|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(b) Their rights as American citizens.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) The gender of God.
2. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(b) Only church leaders could have revelations.
(c) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(d) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
3. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
4. According to Debbie Palmer, what made Elizabeth Smart an easy target for abduction?
(a) She was angry with her parents.
(b) She was very beautiful and kind.
(c) Her parents didn't pay any attention to her.
(d) She was taught to be obedient and passive.
5. How did Dan remember his childhood?
(a) As an unconventional one.
(b) As a happy one.
(c) He has no memory of it.
(d) As a traumatic one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mitchell justify his abduction of Elizabeth Smart?
2. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
3. What is the relationship between Ron and Dan Lafferty?
4. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
5. What information did Allen Lafferty provide which aided Krakauer's description of the murders?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)