|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Chloe Low's house.
(b) New York.
(d) The Dream Mine.
2. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(b) To give Mormons rights.
(c) To make the LDS a political party.
(d) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
3. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The books cite different eras.
(b) The angels discussed are different.
(c) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(d) Mormonism is much younger.
5. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It outlawed polygamy.
(b) It invalidated personal revelations.
(c) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(d) It legalized polygamy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
2. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
3. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
4. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
5. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)