|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ron and Dan look when they left Brenda's house?
(c) Raving mad.
(d) Covered in blood.
2. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
(a) The Book of Mormon.
(b) The Peace Maker.
(c) Onias' autobiography.
(d) The Psalm of the School of the Prophets.
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he paid Moroni.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he prayed ten times a day.
4. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was written in old English.
(b) It was too bright out.
(c) It was worn.
(d) It was written in Egyptian.
5. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
(a) They tried to protect Brenda.
(b) They called the police.
(c) They were present.
(d) They organized it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
2. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
3. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
4. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
5. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)