|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did fundamentalists see accepting government funds as a virtuous act?
(a) They were fueling the economy.
(b) They were helping with its destruction.
(c) They were being charitable in return.
(d) They were doing God's will.
2. What effect did the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887 have on the Mormon Church?
(a) It recognized the LDS as a legitimate organization.
(b) It outlawed polygamy.
(c) It legalized polygamy.
(d) It invalidated personal revelations.
3. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
(a) The Book of Mormon.
(b) The Peace Maker.
(c) The Psalm of the School of the Prophets.
(d) Onias' autobiography.
4. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) Many people left the church.
(d) He was excommunicated.
5. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
(a) Law wasn't a very good lawyer.
(b) There was no court system.
(c) Smith controlled the courts.
(d) Law had his fair share of bad deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
2. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
3. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
4. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
5. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)