|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crossfield teach his students at the School of the Prophets?
(a) How to praise God.
(b) How to reason with politicians.
(c) How to have personal revelations.
(d) How to rebel against the Latter Day Saints.
2. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
3. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
(a) Smith controlled the courts.
(b) Law wasn't a very good lawyer.
(c) Law had his fair share of bad deeds.
(d) There was no court system.
4. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Smith stole Law's money.
(b) Law tried to seduce Emma.
(c) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
(d) Law criticized Smith to the media.
5. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
2. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
3. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
4. Knapp and Carnes explain that they felt _____ after the murder.
5. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)