|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
(a) There was no court system.
(b) Smith controlled the courts.
(c) Law wasn't a very good lawyer.
(d) Law had his fair share of bad deeds.
2. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
(a) To kill his wife.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To follow Smith.
(d) To reform the church.
3. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She was afraid of him.
(b) She wanted another husband.
(c) She wanted him to marry more women.
(d) She wasn't abused.
4. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
(a) She felt she needed to learn from him.
(b) She agreed with his beliefs for the most part.
(c) She needed money.
(d) He threatened her.
5. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
(a) They were not affiliated with any of the groups Smith claimed.
(b) They were alive earlier than the story claims.
(c) They never settled in North America.
(d) They had no Hebrew descent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
3. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
4. What relevance did Knapp and Carnes have in the murders?
5. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)