|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
(a) Relations with Missouri.
(b) The unconditional love of his followers.
(c) His relationship with Emma.
(d) Relations with Illinois.
2. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Smith's law.
(b) Natural law.
(c) Basic human rights.
(d) God's law.
3. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
(a) She threatened to start a new religion.
(b) She threatened to take another husband.
(c) She threatened to leave him.
(d) She threatened to sue him.
4. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(a) The Dream Mine.
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) The main church.
5. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was worn.
(b) It was too bright out.
(c) It was written in old English.
(d) It was written in Egyptian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
2. Krakauer explains that, because of Crossfield, Smith realized the ______ of allowing personal revelations.
3. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
4. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
5. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)