|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
2. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The governor received a revelation from God.
(d) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
3. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) The main church.
(d) The Dream Mine.
4. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became calm and serene.
(b) He became less sure about their plan.
(c) He believed more of what Ron said.
(d) He became more violent.
5. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(b) Their rights as American citizens.
(c) The gender of God.
(d) The location of the Promised Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
2. How did Dan remember his childhood?
3. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
4. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
5. Why did Matilda stay with Dan, despite her issues with his religious practices?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)