|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Smith stole Law's money.
(b) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
(c) Law criticized Smith to the media.
(d) Law tried to seduce Emma.
2. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(b) To make the LDS a political party.
(c) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(d) To give Mormons rights.
3. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(b) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(c) He couldn't understand them.
(d) There was a time limit on them.
4. Joseph Smith is believed to have practiced ________.
(d) His speeches.
5. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
(a) Only children of current leaders could lead.
(b) Everyone had to have a background check before being accepted into the church.
(c) Church leaders would receive higher salaries.
(d) Only church leaders could have revelations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
2. After Brenda's death, what does her sister regret?
3. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
4. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
5. How did Dan remember his childhood?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)