|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Smith write Section 132?
(a) To give Mormons rights.
(b) To ensure his offspring would lead after him.
(c) To make polygamy only apply to men.
(d) To make the LDS a political party.
2. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wasn't abused.
(b) She wanted another husband.
(c) She was afraid of him.
(d) She wanted him to marry more women.
3. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(b) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(c) He couldn't understand them.
(d) There was a time limit on them.
4. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) Their rights as American citizens.
(b) The location of the Promised Land.
(d) The gender of God.
5. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The governor received a revelation from God.
(d) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dan remember his childhood?
2. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
3. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
4. What was the result of Robert Crossfield's revelation?
5. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)