|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
(a) Green was trying to take over the government.
(b) Green attempted to create a new sect of the LDS.
(c) Green spoke about his polygamist lifestyle on national news.
(d) Leavitt was suing all polygamists.
2. What similarities does Krakauer cite between fundamentalist and modern Mormons?
(a) They stem from the same laws and principles.
(b) They are both prominent forces in American politics.
(c) They live together.
(d) They follow the same leader.
3. After Smith destroyed Law's printing press, people feared Smith would become a _______ leader.
4. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) Mormonism is much younger.
(c) The angels discussed are different.
(d) The books cite different eras.
5. Which text was responsible for many of the Laffertys' marriages falling apart?
(a) The Peace Maker.
(b) The Book of Mormon.
(c) Onias' autobiography.
(d) The Psalm of the School of the Prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dan remember his childhood?
2. Why did Ron saw off the barrel of a shotgun?
3. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
4. Although Law's actions against Smith had little effect on Smith's power, what did it affect?
5. How did the modern Mormon Church receive Ron and Dan?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)