|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) A rock.
(b) His mother.
(c) The seasons.
2. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
3. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He believed more of what Ron said.
(b) He became more violent.
(c) He became less sure about their plan.
(d) He became calm and serene.
4. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
(a) A new promise land.
(b) Money and celebrity for the church.
(c) A new take on government.
(d) The return of polygamy.
5. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(b) He couldn't understand them.
(c) There was a time limit on them.
(d) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Law unable to press charges against Smith?
2. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
3. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
4. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
5. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)