|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(b) He'd stolen money from them.
(c) His house was owned by the church.
(d) He'd broken Mormon laws.
2. How was Smith finally able to read the gold plates?
(a) He polished the plates.
(b) Moroni read them to him.
(c) Moroni gave him peep stones.
(d) He learned German.
3. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
(a) When he lost his arm in a car crash.
(b) When his son married a non-Mormon.
(c) When he began to follow fundamentalist ideas.
(d) When his father died.
4. Why were Colorado's efforts to get rid of polygamy stopped?
(a) The governor received a revelation from God.
(b) They became distracted by the Civil War.
(c) The Mormons were fueling the economy.
(d) The public was sympathetic to the polygamist families.
5. What was the final straw in Law and Smith's friendship?
(a) Smith tried to seduce Law's wife.
(b) Smith stole Law's money.
(c) Law criticized Smith to the media.
(d) Law tried to seduce Emma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
2. How did Tom Green become the target for David Leavitt's lawsuit?
3. After fleeing Illinois, why did Smith return?
4. What did Smith change in his rules for the Mormon Church because of Crossfield?
5. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)