|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dan give up his driver's license and stop paying taxes?
(a) He wanted to prove his love for God.
(b) He was following the early teachings of Mormon.
(c) He was living in the wilderness.
(d) He lost all his money.
2. What changed in Dan during his road trip with Ron?
(a) He became less sure about their plan.
(b) He became calm and serene.
(c) He became more violent.
(d) He believed more of what Ron said.
3. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
(a) Ron threatened him.
(b) He didn't have anywhere else to go.
(c) He received a revelation telling him to stay.
(d) He needed the money.
4. After DeLoy was excommunicated, why did the Mormon Church try to sue him?
(a) He was criticizing the church to the media.
(b) His house was owned by the church.
(c) He'd stolen money from them.
(d) He'd broken Mormon laws.
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) The books cite different eras.
(c) Mormonism is much younger.
(d) The angels discussed are different.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
2. Fundamentalists believed the government was an entity of _______.
3. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
4. Where is the Nephites' gold supposedly held?
5. How did Smith convince Emma to support his polygamist marriage?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)