|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His charisma.
(c) His worldliness.
(d) His creativity.
2. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he paid Moroni.
(c) If he married Emma Harris.
(d) If he prayed ten times a day.
3. In his revelation, what does Crossfield claim he was told by God?
(a) To kill his wife.
(b) To reform the church.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To follow Smith.
4. Krakauer explains that Dan _____ finished the murders.
5. When Linda was asked about her life with Green, her husband, what did she say?
(a) She wanted another husband.
(b) She wasn't abused.
(c) She wanted him to marry more women.
(d) She was afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
2. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
3. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
4. After the Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887, what did fundamentalist believe a new prophet would bring?
5. Krakauer describes Watson Lafferty as a ________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)