|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dan stay with Ron through Ron's plan?
(a) He didn't have anywhere else to go.
(b) Ron threatened him.
(c) He needed the money.
(d) He received a revelation telling him to stay.
2. Why does Dan decide to turn back to Brenda's house after their first attempt?
(a) He got a feeling he was supposed to.
(b) He was angrier with her than before.
(c) He wanted to reason with her.
(d) He forgot his glasses.
3. What did Emma threaten Smith with to get him to stop marrying more women?
(a) She threatened to leave him.
(b) She threatened to start a new religion.
(c) She threatened to take another husband.
(d) She threatened to sue him.
4. In "Under the Banner of Heaven," what does Krakauer believe is the biggest disagreement between fundamentalists and modern Mormons?
(a) The gender of God.
(b) Their rights as American citizens.
(c) The location of the Promised Land.
5. Krakauer explains that early Mormons believed government law was inferior to __________.
(a) Natural law.
(b) Basic human rights.
(c) God's law.
(d) Smith's law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dan Lafferty's life begin to fall apart?
2. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
3. At the School of the Prophets, what practice did Crossfield attempt to reinstate in his students?
4. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
5. Where were Ron and Dan driving to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)