|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Allen different than his brothers?
(a) He hadn't converted to fundamentalism.
(b) He'd always been fundamentalist.
(c) He never married.
(d) He was adopted.
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) Mormonism is much younger.
(b) The books cite different eras.
(c) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(d) The angels discussed are different.
3. Smith was given instructions by Moroni, God, and ______.
(a) His mother.
(c) A rock.
(d) The seasons.
4. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He prayed for it to happen.
(b) He provoked his brothers.
(c) He gave them money for the murder.
(d) He didn't warn her.
5. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
(a) If he went to the mountain.
(b) If he married Emma Harris.
(c) If he paid Moroni.
(d) If he prayed ten times a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
2. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
3. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
4. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
5. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)