|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He provoked his brothers.
(b) He gave them money for the murder.
(c) He prayed for it to happen.
(d) He didn't warn her.
2. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Legislation passed by the government.
(b) The leaders' reckless spending.
(c) Financing wars.
(d) Taylor's contribution to charity.
3. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was written in old English.
(b) It was too bright out.
(c) It was worn.
(d) It was written in Egyptian.
4. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
(a) It cause unity in the church.
(b) It established Salt Lake City.
(c) It angered the government.
(d) It caused the split in the church.
5. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
(a) Five years.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
2. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
3. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
4. How was Ron able to convince Dan to help him in his murder plan?
5. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)