|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Taylor support?
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The angels discussed are different.
(b) The books cite different eras.
(c) Mormonism is much younger.
(d) The Bible is accepted as fact.
3. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He didn't warn her.
(b) He prayed for it to happen.
(c) He gave them money for the murder.
(d) He provoked his brothers.
4. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
(a) He looked at them before he was instructed to do so.
(b) There was a time limit on them.
(c) Moroni didn't show him the right ones.
(d) He couldn't understand them.
5. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
(a) They were alive earlier than the story claims.
(b) They had no Hebrew descent.
(c) They were not affiliated with any of the groups Smith claimed.
(d) They never settled in North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encouraged Dianna to leave her husband?
2. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
3. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
4. Why did Woodruff change his position on polygamy?
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)