|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) One month.
(b) Two days.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
2. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
3. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was written in Egyptian.
(b) It was too bright out.
(c) It was written in old English.
(d) It was worn.
4. How did Lee die?
(a) He was executed.
(b) Old age.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was murdered.
5. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Legislation passed by the government.
(b) Taylor's contribution to charity.
(c) Financing wars.
(d) The leaders' reckless spending.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
2. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
3. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
4. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
5. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)