|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) A year.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
2. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
(a) He lost the translation.
(b) He claims the proof is invisible.
(c) He lost the gold plates.
(d) He had to return the gold plates.
3. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
(a) It was written in old English.
(b) It was worn.
(c) It was written in Egyptian.
(d) It was too bright out.
4. Why did Brenda's family blame Allen for her murder?
(a) He didn't warn her.
(b) He gave them money for the murder.
(c) He prayed for it to happen.
(d) He provoked his brothers.
5. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
(a) The Bible is accepted as fact.
(b) The angels discussed are different.
(c) Mormonism is much younger.
(d) The books cite different eras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
2. What did John Taylor support?
3. Why did Onias value the Lafferty brothers?
4. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
5. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)