|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
2. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
(a) Legislation passed by the government.
(b) Financing wars.
(c) The leaders' reckless spending.
(d) Taylor's contribution to charity.
3. Taylor held his beliefs long after _________.
(a) The creation of Section 132.
(b) The Edmunds Act of 1882.
(c) His excommunication.
(d) His wife's death.
4. What was historic about Woodruff's leadership?
(a) It established Salt Lake City.
(b) It cause unity in the church.
(c) It caused the split in the church.
(d) It angered the government.
5. What was the result of Ron's meeting with his brothers?
(a) He'd driven them insane.
(b) He'd converted to their beliefs.
(c) He lost all hope in his family.
(d) He brought them back to the LDS.
Short Answer Questions
1. After loosing 116 pages of the transcribed text from the gold plates, what was the only way Smith said he could view them again?
2. What is the key difference Krakauer cites between the Bible and the Book of Mormon?
3. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
4. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
5. According to Krakauer, why is there no proof of Smith's revelation?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)