|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ron make the School of the Prophets his entire life?
(a) He needed guidance.
(b) He wanted to find God.
(c) He'd lost his family.
(d) His brothers convinced him.
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His charisma.
(c) His worldliness.
(d) His creativity.
3. Joseph Smith was the son of a ______.
4. When did Brenda realize that the Laffertys were religious fanatics?
(a) When Allen stopped eating for a month.
(b) When they tried to burn down her house.
(c) When Allen refused to take their baby to the doctor.
(d) When Allen built a shrine in their kitchen.
5. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
(a) Five years.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the gold plates vanish the first time they were presented to Smith?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
3. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
4. Why was Smith sued by his clients for fraud?
5. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)