|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Mormon Church. Ron was described as ________.
2. Why were people drawn to Joseph Smith?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His worldliness.
3. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 20, Krakauer revisits the story of _________.
(a) Young's rise to power.
(b) The angel Moroni.
(c) The Mountain Meadow Massacre.
(d) The Lafferty murders.
4. Lee prophesied that Young would die within _______ if he was innocent.
(a) Six months.
(b) Two days.
(c) One month.
(d) A year.
5. How long after Lee's prophecy did Young die?
(a) Five months.
(b) One month.
(c) Five years.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mormon Church become bankrupt around the time of Taylor's death?
2. Why couldn't Smith read the inscription on the gold plates?
3. Krakauer makes the observation that all religions have their share of _______.
4. Why did Dianna ask Ron to try to convince his brothers to abandon their new beliefs?
5. What was the flaw Krakauer observes in Smith's story of the Lamanites?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)