|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the daughters of the mothers of the1960's view sex?
(a) As a right.
(b) As a privilege.
(c) As something to avoid.
(d) As a pleasurable pursuit.
2. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
3. With whom did Lessing talk at the Meikles Hotel Lounge?
(a) A philandering artist.
(b) A committed Communist.
(c) An RAF member.
(d) A former Nazi.
4. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
5. What was the highest ambition of Black workers in Salisbury?
(a) To work for the Guardian.
(b) To work in a White family's house.
(c) To work for the government.
(d) To work for the telephone company.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, which of the following is NOT one of the dictators whom Lessing lists?
2. Why did Lessing begin to eat less during meals?
3. According to Lessing, what tactic did the armies use to make killing easier?
4. Which activity did Lessing both love and hate?
5. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lessing realize when she was diagnosed with Low Fever and sent to the mountains to recover?
2. In Chapter 15, what reason did Lessing give for switching law firms?
3. Describe Lessing's reaction to the end of World War II.
4. Why did Lessing direct her focus on the Communist ideas that she was developing in this chapter instead of focusing on the events of her life?
5. How did Lessing describe Kurt in Chapter 16?
6. In Chapter 12, how does Lessing describe her first son, John?
7. How did Lessing support herself when she no longer lived with her parents?
8. How did Lessing respond to increasing unhappiness with her marital and home situation?
9. In Chapter 19, what does Lessing describe as the smartest decision that she ever made?
10. Describe the letter Lessing received from her mother in Chapter 9.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)