|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of her childhood determined that Lessing would never separate herself from politics?
(a) Listening to the way that her parents treated the servants.
(b) Listening to the ideas of the African workers whom her family employed.
(c) Listening to her parents' impossible ideas.
(d) Listening to the BBC each day.
2. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
(a) To riding a bicycle.
(b) To learning to speak.
(c) To learning to walk.
(d) To learning to write the alphabet.
3. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(b) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(c) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
(d) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
4. Who was the Minister of Finance?
(a) Frank Wisdom.
(b) Max Danziger.
(c) Arthur Koestler.
(d) Gunther Maynard.
5. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, which part of Esther and Kurt's house was exclusively Esther's?
2. In Chapter 13, who did Lessing encounter in the street?
3. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
4. What did Lessing's father assume when she and Frank showed up at the family farm?
5. Why did Kurt and Esther refuse to attend meetings?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)