|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Minister of Finance?
(a) Arthur Koestler.
(b) Max Danziger.
(c) Frank Wisdom.
(d) Gunther Maynard.
2. In Chapter 12, what did Lessing do to calm down John?
(a) She took John for walks in the pram.
(b) She read stories of animals to him.
(c) She sang nursery rhymes to him.
(d) She laid him on his back on the carpet.
3. What did Lessing do most afternoons with the new baby?
(a) Lessing would walk around with the baby in the pram.
(b) Lessing would drive out to see her father.
(c) Lessing would visit Gottfried at the office.
(d) Lessing would prepare evening meals.
4. Where did Lessing and Gottfried go with friends?
(a) South Africa.
5. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lessing's mother rush from the farm to her home?
2. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
3. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
4. What was the highest ambition of Black workers in Salisbury?
5. How many jobs was Gottfried working?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)