|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Capetown Brewery.
(b) Brewer's Pub.
(c) Salisbury Brewery.
(d) Castle Brewery.
2. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
(a) Showing too much knowledge about politics.
(b) The risk of not appearing to be marriage material.
(c) The White Slave Trade.
(d) The wicked intentions of teenage boys.
3. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
(a) N.H. Wilson.
(b) Gottfried Lessing.
(d) Frank Wisdom.
4. How many jobs was Gottfried working?
5. Where did Lessing and Gottfried go with friends?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
2. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
3. Who is the hero of Fathers and Sons, the book Lessing cites in this chapter?
4. What did Lessing do most afternoons with the new baby?
5. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)