|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Frank's sister.
(d) Mabel Griffiths.
2. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
3. What word did Kurt ask Esther not to use?
4. In Chapter 15, whom did Lessing find drinking wine with Gottfried?
(a) Frank Wisdom.
(b) Dorothy Schwartz.
(c) Simon Pines.
(d) Her mother.
5. What was waiting for Lessing's last son in his crib before he was born?
(a) A pacifier.
(b) A mobile.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who did Lessing encounter in the street?
2. How does Lessing describe Frank Cooper's views on the world?
3. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
4. In Chapter 17, how did Klaus' father keep his name off the debt list?
5. What type of culture existed in Southern Rhodesia?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)