Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter One
1. From the details Lessing provides in Chapter 1, describe the circumstances which led to Maude's broken heart.
2. Describe the circumstances that led to Alfred's depression.
3. In your opinion, why does Lessing trace her lineage in the opening chapter?
4. After tracing the history of her parents' lives, what does Lessing ponder?
Short Essay Question - Chapter Two
5. According to Lessing in Chapter 2, what is the role of truth in autobiographical writing?
6. What advantage does Lessing that claim she has...
This section contains 846 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)