Short Answer Questions
1. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
2. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
3. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
4. Where was John McVeagh born?
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
6. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
7. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
8. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
This section contains 4,404 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)