|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jean in the scene that Lessing describes in this chapter?
(a) 15 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 15 weeks.
2. What does Lessing mention as the one thing that would have stopped her from marrying Frank?
(a) Her mother's opposition to the marriage.
(b) Her father's support.
(c) Her mother's support.
(d) Her father's admonition against making that mistake.
3. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(b) That they should return to England.
(c) That they could betray them at any time.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
4. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(c) The Little Princess.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
5. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, which of the following years was noted as the one in which Gottfried Lessing became a British citizen?
2. What type of culture existed in Southern Rhodesia?
3. What word did Kurt ask Esther not to use?
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
5. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)