|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
3. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
(a) Lessing had fought with her mother earlier that day.
(b) Lessing did not want to accompany her parents.
(c) There was an incubator of eggs that were waiting to hatch.
(d) Lessing's brother, Harry needed to be watched.
4. What did Lessing notice about the workers at the Guardian?
(a) Lessing noticed that there were many women working in important positions.
(b) Lessing noticed that whites worked alongside "Indians and Coloured people".
(c) Lessing noticed that all classes of people were employed there.
(d) Lessing noticed that very few people ran the operation.
5. In Chapter 14, what year did Lessing marry Gottfried Lessing?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Lessing board as a child?
2. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
3. Who is the hero of Fathers and Sons, the book Lessing cites in this chapter?
4. How old was Jean in the scene that Lessing describes in this chapter?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)