|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(b) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(c) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
(d) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
2. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
(b) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(c) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
(d) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
(a) Both had read the Communist Manifesto.
(b) Both had seditious thoughts about "The Native Problem".
(c) Both lived in Persia as children.
(d) Both subscribed to the New Statesman.
4. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
(b) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
(c) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
(d) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
5. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
2. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
3. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
4. Who was sending Gottfried telegraphic messages?
5. In Chapter 20, which of the following people was NOT still a member of the Communist Party?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)