|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. How did Lessing feel about World War II at that time?
(a) She felt that it was an abomination.
(b) She felt that it was a necessary war.
(c) She felt that it was a catastrophic mistake.
(d) She felt that it was a good war.
3. In Chapter 18, which of the following is NOT one of the dictators whom Lessing lists?
(b) Idi Amin.
(c) Pol Pot.
4. Who stated that children should play in mud?
(a) Lessing's father.
(c) Mrs. Scott.
(d) Lessing's mother.
5. What was waiting for Lessing's last son in his crib before he was born?
(a) A pacifier.
(b) A mobile.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lessing work for at this point in her life?
2. What aspect of her childhood determined that Lessing would never separate herself from politics?
3. In Chapter 13, who did Lessing encounter in the street?
4. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
5. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)