|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
(a) Going Home.
(b) Martha Quest.
(c) The Cleft.
2. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
3. What was the highest ambition of Black workers in Salisbury?
(a) To work for the Guardian.
(b) To work for the government.
(c) To work for the telephone company.
(d) To work in a White family's house.
4. What did Lessing do most afternoons with the new baby?
(a) Lessing would drive out to see her father.
(b) Lessing would visit Gottfried at the office.
(c) Lessing would prepare evening meals.
(d) Lessing would walk around with the baby in the pram.
5. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
2. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
3. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
4. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
5. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)