|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 54 years.
(b) 23 years.
(c) 34 years.
(d) 103 years.
2. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
3. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Tonic and quinine.
(c) Hydration and exercise.
(d) Bed rest.
4. What did all the women assume about Lessing's marriage to Frank?
(a) That their sex life was a failure.
(b) That they did not love each other.
(c) That they fought constantly.
(d) That they had married too soon.
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of her childhood determined that Lessing would never separate herself from politics?
2. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
5. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)