|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
(c) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(d) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
2. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A snake.
(d) A mischievous child.
3. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
4. What did Dr. Rosen suggest to Lessing when she went in for surgery to repair her retroverted uterus?
(a) Birth control pills.
(d) Fertility testing.
5. Why did Kurt and Esther refuse to attend meetings?
(a) Because they could not find a party meeting that appealed to them to attend.
(b) Because they had learned not to speak out politically.
(c) Because they felt that the meetings were childish.
(d) Because they were afraid of being deported.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
2. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
3. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
4. In Chapter 21, which of the following years was noted as the one in which Gottfried Lessing became a British citizen?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)