|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
(a) Modernized womens' fashions.
(b) Social equality for women.
(c) The Talkies.
(d) Cigarette smoking.
2. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
(a) Her book collection.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her rebellion against her parents.
(d) Her newfound ability to earn money.
3. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
4. What affliction struck all members of Lessing's family except her?
5. What did Lessing do most afternoons with the new baby?
(a) Lessing would prepare evening meals.
(b) Lessing would walk around with the baby in the pram.
(c) Lessing would visit Gottfried at the office.
(d) Lessing would drive out to see her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
2. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
3. Where was Doris Lessing born?
4. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
5. Why did Lessing begin to eat less during meals?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)