|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the daughters of the mothers of the1960's view sex?
(a) As something to avoid.
(b) As a privilege.
(c) As a pleasurable pursuit.
(d) As a right.
2. How long did it take Lessing to fall out of love with Communism?
(a) Six to seven years.
(b) Four to five years.
(c) Two to three years.
(d) Eight to nine years.
3. Why did Lessing's mother rush from the farm to her home?
(a) Lessing's mother had heard rumors of an impending divorce.
(b) Lessing's mother wanted to warn her about having too many children too close together.
(c) Lessing's mother wanted to end her marriage to Frank.
(d) Lessing's mother needed to inform her of her father's condition/
4. What does Lessing mention as the one thing that would have stopped her from marrying Frank?
(a) Her father's support.
(b) Her mother's opposition to the marriage.
(c) Her mother's support.
(d) Her father's admonition against making that mistake.
5. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(a) The Counter Reformation.
(b) The Inquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. What was the minimum wage for which workers were striking?
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
5. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)