|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many jobs was Gottfried working?
2. How long did it take Lessing to fall out of love with Communism?
(a) Eight to nine years.
(b) Six to seven years.
(c) Two to three years.
(d) Four to five years.
3. In Chapter 12, what did Lessing do to calm down John?
(a) She read stories of animals to him.
(b) She sang nursery rhymes to him.
(c) She laid him on his back on the carpet.
(d) She took John for walks in the pram.
4. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
(b) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
(c) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
(d) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
5. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
(a) That being naughty was much worse than lying.
(b) That lying would make their face stick in a horrible position.
(c) That being naughty was more fun than behaving.
(d) That a lie was worse than being naughty.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
2. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
3. What does Lessing say about memory?
4. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
5. Who is the hero of Fathers and Sons, the book Lessing cites in this chapter?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)