|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Lessing cite in her discussion of the Russian front?
(a) All Quiet on the Western Front.
(b) The Real Thing.
(c) The Forgotten Soldier.
(d) Darkness at Noon.
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By staying up late.
(b) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By stealing things and lying about them.
3. What did all the women assume about Lessing's marriage to Frank?
(a) That they fought constantly.
(b) That their sex life was a failure.
(c) That they did not love each other.
(d) That they had married too soon.
4. What did Lessing notice about the workers at the Guardian?
(a) Lessing noticed that very few people ran the operation.
(b) Lessing noticed that all classes of people were employed there.
(c) Lessing noticed that whites worked alongside "Indians and Coloured people".
(d) Lessing noticed that there were many women working in important positions.
5. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
(d) Old Umtali.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. How does Lessing describe Frank Cooper's views on the world?
3. What word did Kurt ask Esther not to use?
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
5. Who is the central character of Lessing's "The Good Terrorist"- a book that Lessing references in this chapter?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)