|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kurt claim his real education occurred?
(b) Cafes in Vienna.
(d) World War II.
2. In Chapter 15, whom did Lessing find drinking wine with Gottfried?
(a) Dorothy Schwartz.
(b) Frank Wisdom.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Simon Pines.
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(c) United States of America.
4. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Cats and flowers.
(b) Singing and prancing.
(c) Books and studying.
(d) Horses and dancing.
5. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what was the white population of Salisbury?
2. What was the name of the building in which Lessing and Gottfried rented their flat?
3. Who was sending Gottfried telegraphic messages?
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
5. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)