|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
(b) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
(c) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
(d) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
2. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(c) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
3. What historical event happened just before the birth of Lessing's daughter?
(a) The outbreak of WWII.
(b) The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(c) The Atlantic Charter.
(d) The detente.
4. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 16th year.
(b) Her 12th year.
(c) Her 17th year.
(d) Her 14th year.
5. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Gottfried and Lessing often drive into the suburbs?
2. In Chapter 13, who did Lessing encounter in the street?
3. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
4. What had Lessing become after attending meetings with Dorothy?
5. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)