|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
(a) The Liverpool Theater Company.
(b) The BBC.
(c) The Royal Theater Company.
(d) The Shakespeare Theater Company.
2. Why did the Lessings have to keep certain guests from being seen by their servant, Book?
(a) Because Book would be offended by the moral character of their guests.
(b) Because Book would want to participate in the meeting.
(c) Because Book would inform the officials that they were holding seditious meetings.
(d) Because Book would inform the neighborhood that the Lessings were entertaining Blacks.
3. Who stated that children should play in mud?
(a) Lessing's mother.
(c) Lessing's father.
(d) Mrs. Scott.
4. What did Lessing do most afternoons with the new baby?
(a) Lessing would prepare evening meals.
(b) Lessing would walk around with the baby in the pram.
(c) Lessing would visit Gottfried at the office.
(d) Lessing would drive out to see her father.
5. What did Lessing notice about the workers at the Guardian?
(a) Lessing noticed that whites worked alongside "Indians and Coloured people".
(b) Lessing noticed that there were many women working in important positions.
(c) Lessing noticed that all classes of people were employed there.
(d) Lessing noticed that very few people ran the operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
2. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
3. Where did Lessing and Gottfried go with friends?
4. Why did Kurt and Esther refuse to attend meetings?
5. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)