|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Recluse.
(b) The Hostess.
(c) The Cynic.
(d) The Guide.
2. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
(b) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
(c) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
(d) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
3. In Chapter 19, what was the white population of Salisbury?
4. How does Lessing describe Frank Cooper's views on the world?
5. Who was the Minister of Finance?
(a) Max Danziger.
(b) Frank Wisdom.
(c) Gunther Maynard.
(d) Arthur Koestler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lessing describe their sex life?
2. Who is the hero of Fathers and Sons, the book Lessing cites in this chapter?
3. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
4. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
5. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)