|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
2. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
(b) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
(c) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
(d) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
3. With whom did Lessing talk at the Meikles Hotel Lounge?
(a) An RAF member.
(b) A philandering artist.
(c) A former Nazi.
(d) A committed Communist.
4. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
5. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
(a) The local bar.
(b) The Left Book Club.
(c) The Yacht Club.
(d) The Sports Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lessing describe Frank Cooper's views on the world?
2. Where did Lessing and Gottfried decide to move?
3. What did Lessing notice about the workers at the Guardian?
4. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
5. Who was the Minister of Finance?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)