|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
2. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
(a) £ 2,500.
(b) £ 100.
(c) £ 1,000.
(d) £ 10,000.
3. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A kaross.
(d) A mosquito net.
4. When did Gottfried Lessing arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) After Kristallnacht.
(b) At the end of World War II.
(c) Before the outbreak of World War II.
(d) Immediately following the outbreak of war.
5. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
2. What did Sonny Jameson borrow from Lessing?
3. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
4. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
5. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)