|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
2. What did the Portuguese woman give to Lessing?
(a) A red evening bag.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A red dress.
(d) A red shawl.
3. Where did Kurt claim his real education occurred?
(a) World War II.
(d) Cafes in Vienna.
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(a) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
5. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Their mother died.
(b) Their servants were fired for stealing.
(c) Their mother shaved her head.
(d) Their father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
2. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
3. Why did the Lessings have to keep certain guests from being seen by their servant, Book?
4. When did Lessing and Frank decide to have another child?
5. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)