|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, which of the following is NOT one of the dictators whom Lessing lists?
(a) Pol Pot.
(c) Idi Amin.
2. Where was John McVeagh born?
3. How does Lessing describe Frank Cooper's views on the world?
4. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The rage of a child.
(c) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
(d) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
5. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
(a) Grey silk.
(b) Black velvet.
(c) Red velvet.
(d) Green satin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
2. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
3. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
4. What did Lessing's father assume when she and Frank showed up at the family farm?
5. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)