|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(b) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Tristram Shandy.
2. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 14th year.
(b) Her 12th year.
(c) Her 16th year.
(d) Her 17th year.
3. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(a) Copious emotional space.
(b) Free time.
(c) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
4. Who did Lessing work for at this point in her life?
(a) Mr. Lamb.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Danziger.
(d) Mr. Wisdom.
5. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
(a) £ 10,000.
(b) £ 2,500.
(c) £ 1,000.
(d) £ 100.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
2. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
3. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
4. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
5. What aspect of her childhood determined that Lessing would never separate herself from politics?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)