|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty and Twenty-One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
(a) The Sports Club.
(b) The local bar.
(c) The Yacht Club.
(d) The Left Book Club.
2. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
(a) Land Bank.
(b) The National Bank of Southern Rhodesia.
(c) The British National Bank.
(d) Southern Rhodesian Farming Association.
3. Why did Kurt and Esther refuse to attend meetings?
(a) Because they were afraid of being deported.
(b) Because they had learned not to speak out politically.
(c) Because they could not find a party meeting that appealed to them to attend.
(d) Because they felt that the meetings were childish.
4. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 103 years.
(b) 34 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 54 years.
5. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, what tactic did the armies use to make killing easier?
2. Where was Doris Lessing born?
3. How did the author feel about her childhood?
4. Why did the Lessings have to keep certain guests from being seen by their servant, Book?
5. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)