|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
(a) Modernized womens' fashions.
(b) Cigarette smoking.
(c) Social equality for women.
(d) The Talkies.
2. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) Her cat.
(b) A flower that she picked herself.
(c) Her teddy bear.
(d) A book.
3. How old was Jean in the scene that Lessing describes in this chapter?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 15 months.
4. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That happiness is fleeting.
(b) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
(c) That nothing is permanent.
(d) That circumstances dictate the person.
5. Who is the central character of Lessing's "The Good Terrorist"- a book that Lessing references in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lessing begin to eat less during meals?
2. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
5. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)