|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(a) The Counter Reformation.
(d) The Inquisition.
2. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
(b) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(c) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(d) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. In Chapter 14, what year did Lessing marry Gottfried Lessing?
5. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(b) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(c) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(d) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
2. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
3. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
4. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
5. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)