|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phenomenons did Frank and Lessing consistently criticize?
(a) English customs celebrated in Rhodesia.
(b) White superiority.
(c) Pretensions about education.
2. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
(c) Old Umtali.
3. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory cannot be trusted.
(b) Memory must be recorded in books.
(c) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(d) Memory is an astonishing record.
4. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(b) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
(c) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
(d) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
5. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Books and studying.
(b) Singing and prancing.
(c) Cats and flowers.
(d) Horses and dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
2. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
3. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
4. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
5. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)