|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stated that children should play in mud?
(a) Lessing's mother.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Lessing's father.
2. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
(c) Winnie the Pooh.
3. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
(b) Mabel Griffiths.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Frank's sister.
4. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(b) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(c) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(d) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
5. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
(b) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(c) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
(d) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. What does Lessing say about memory?
3. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
4. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
5. Which of the following phenomenons did Frank and Lessing consistently criticize?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)