|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
(a) The British National Bank.
(b) The National Bank of Southern Rhodesia.
(c) Land Bank.
(d) Southern Rhodesian Farming Association.
2. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Their father died.
(b) Their mother shaved her head.
(c) Their servants were fired for stealing.
(d) Their mother died.
3. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They drew up a legal will.
(b) They had their teeth removed.
(c) They studied French.
(d) They saved money scrupulously.
5. What did the Portuguese woman give to Lessing?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A red evening bag.
(c) A red shawl.
(d) A red dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
2. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
3. In Chapter 12, what did Lessing do to calm down John?
4. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)