|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(b) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(c) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
(d) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
2. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
3. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
(a) She did not mind, but wondered what Lessing's mother thought.
(b) She did not notice the stream of visitors.
(c) She applauded her independence.
(d) She did not approve.
4. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
(b) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
(c) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
(d) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
5. Where was John McVeagh born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
3. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
5. What had Lessing become after attending meetings with Dorothy?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)