|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Cynic.
(b) The Recluse.
(c) The Hostess.
(d) The Guide.
2. When did Lessing and Frank decide to have another child?
(a) When John was 2 years old.
(b) When John was 9 months old.
(c) When John was 9 years old.
(d) When John was 4 years old.
3. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mabel Griffiths.
(d) Frank's sister.
4. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies sell well.
(b) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(c) Biographies are based on fact.
(d) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
5. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
(a) The Native Problem.
(b) The War.
(c) The Empire.
(d) The Slump.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lessing describe Frank Cooper's views on the world?
2. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
3. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
4. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
5. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)