|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
2. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
3. Why was it especially dangerous for Gottfried to carry on an affair?
(a) Because he was a high-ranking official.
(b) Because he was a married man.
(c) Because he was an enemy alien.
(d) Because he was a career criminal.
4. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
5. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
(a) With expensive shampoo.
(b) With paraffin.
(c) By washing her hair with scalding hot water.
(d) By shaving her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
2. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
3. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
4. What type of culture existed in Southern Rhodesia?
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)