|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing's father assume when she and Frank showed up at the family farm?
(a) Lessing's father assumed that Lessing had finally settled down.
(b) Lessing's father assumed that Frank was interested in the family's money.
(c) Lessing's father assumed that she was pregnant.
(d) Lessing's father assumed that she was in love.
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(c) Shell Shock.
3. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
4. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
(d) Winnie the Pooh.
5. Why did Lessing begin to eat less during meals?
(a) Lessing wanted to impress a farm assistant.
(b) Lessing's mother told her to try to lose weight.
(c) Lessing wanted to foil her mother's attempts to feed the family well.
(d) Because the clothing that would arrive for her was always too small.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
2. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
3. How did the daughters of the mothers of the1960's view sex?
4. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
5. How old was Jean in the scene that Lessing describes in this chapter?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)