|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(b) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(c) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(d) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(b) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(c) By staying up late.
(d) By stealing things and lying about them.
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(d) United States of America.
4. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
5. How old was Jean in the scene that Lessing describes in this chapter?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 weeks.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
2. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
3. How does Lessing describe their sex life?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
5. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)