|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were lazy.
(b) That they were corrupt.
(c) That they were members of a different culture.
(d) That they were incompetent.
2. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
3. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A mischievous child.
(d) A snake.
4. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
(b) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
(c) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
(d) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
5. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Media coverage.
(b) World War II.
(c) Political corruption.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
2. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. When did Lessing and Frank decide to have another child?
5. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)