|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 17th year.
(b) Her 12th year.
(c) Her 16th year.
(d) Her 14th year.
2. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Going Home.
(b) In Pursuit of the English.
(c) In Time Bites.
(d) In African Laughter.
3. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
(a) Martha Quest.
(b) The Cleft.
(c) Going Home.
4. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Political corruption.
(b) World War I.
(c) Media coverage.
(d) World War II.
5. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
(c) The rage of a child.
(d) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
2. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
3. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
4. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
5. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)