|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(b) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(c) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
2. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(b) The Counter Reformation.
(c) The Inquisition.
3. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(b) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(c) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(d) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
4. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(a) United States of America.
5. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of culture existed in Southern Rhodesia?
2. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
3. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
4. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
5. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)