|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
2. To which of the following illnesses did Lessing's brother often succumb?
(c) Migraine headaches.
3. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(a) Peaches and cream.
(d) Red jelly and cream.
4. What method of birth control had Lessing been using?
(b) The Dutch cap.
(c) Birth control pills.
5. What does Lessing mention as the one thing that would have stopped her from marrying Frank?
(a) Her father's admonition against making that mistake.
(b) Her mother's opposition to the marriage.
(c) Her mother's support.
(d) Her father's support.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
2. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
3. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
4. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
5. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)