|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
(b) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(c) Biographies are based on fact.
(d) Biographies sell well.
2. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
(d) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
3. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
(a) Her newfound ability to earn money.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her book collection.
(d) Her rebellion against her parents.
4. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) The Jungle Book.
(d) The Little Princess.
5. What method of birth control had Lessing been using?
(c) The Dutch cap.
(d) Birth control pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
2. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
3. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
4. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
5. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)