|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing do while she spent her days with John?
(a) Lessing pined for simpler days.
(b) Lessing planned her escape from domestic life.
(c) Lessing entertained wild fantasies.
(d) Lessing wrote poems in her mind.
2. In Chapter 14, what year did Lessing marry Gottfried Lessing?
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) An amputated leg.
(b) A case of depression.
(c) A bad appendix.
(d) A dishonorable discharge.
5. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
(b) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
(c) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
(d) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
3. Who is the central character of Lessing's "The Good Terrorist"- a book that Lessing references in this chapter?
4. Where was John McVeagh born?
5. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)