|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(b) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(c) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
(d) "Ring Around the Rosie".
2. When did Lessing and Frank decide to have another child?
(a) When John was 9 years old.
(b) When John was 4 years old.
(c) When John was 9 months old.
(d) When John was 2 years old.
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
(a) Both lived in Persia as children.
(b) Both had read the Communist Manifesto.
(c) Both subscribed to the New Statesman.
(d) Both had seditious thoughts about "The Native Problem".
4. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
(b) Biographies are based on fact.
(c) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(d) Biographies sell well.
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they could betray them at any time.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
3. How did the author feel about her childhood?
4. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
5. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)