|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
(a) Southern Rhodesian Farming Association.
(b) The National Bank of Southern Rhodesia.
(c) The British National Bank.
(d) Land Bank.
2. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
(b) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
3. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Hydration and exercise.
(b) Tonic and quinine.
(c) Bed rest.
4. Who stated that children should play in mud?
(a) Lessing's mother.
(c) Mrs. Scott.
(d) Lessing's father.
5. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
2. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
3. What did Lessing do while she spent her days with John?
4. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)