|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Guide.
(b) The Recluse.
(c) The Hostess.
(d) The Cynic.
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That nothing is permanent.
(b) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
(c) That circumstances dictate the person.
(d) That happiness is fleeting.
3. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(b) By staying up late.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By stealing things and lying about them.
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
(b) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(c) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(d) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
5. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
(b) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
(c) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
(d) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
2. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
5. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)