|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
2. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A story about her frivolous ways.
(b) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
(c) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(d) A sniff.
3. With whom did Lessing board as a child?
(a) Mary Peach.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Mrs. James.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell.
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they could betray them at any time.
(c) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(d) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
5. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
2. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
3. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
4. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
5. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)