|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
2. What does Lessing mention as the one thing that would have stopped her from marrying Frank?
(a) Her father's support.
(b) Her father's admonition against making that mistake.
(c) Her mother's support.
(d) Her mother's opposition to the marriage.
3. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(b) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
(c) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
(d) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
4. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were corrupt.
(b) That they were lazy.
(c) That they were incompetent.
(d) That they were members of a different culture.
5. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
(a) Martha Quest.
(b) Going Home.
(c) The Cleft.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
2. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
3. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
5. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)