|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Kermanshah, Persia.
(c) Glasgow, Scotland.
(d) Southern Rhodesia.
3. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Cats and flowers.
(b) Singing and prancing.
(c) Books and studying.
(d) Horses and dancing.
4. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
5. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
(a) Both had read the Communist Manifesto.
(b) Both subscribed to the New Statesman.
(c) Both had seditious thoughts about "The Native Problem".
(d) Both lived in Persia as children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
2. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
3. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
4. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
5. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)