|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which activity did Lessing both love and hate?
(a) Tea parties.
(b) Nursing John.
(c) Walking John in the pram.
2. In Chapter 12, what did Lessing do to calm down John?
(a) She sang nursery rhymes to him.
(b) She read stories of animals to him.
(c) She took John for walks in the pram.
(d) She laid him on his back on the carpet.
3. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
4. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Brewer's Pub.
(b) Capetown Brewery.
(c) Salisbury Brewery.
(d) Castle Brewery.
5. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(c) Shell Shock.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
2. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
3. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
4. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)