|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sonny Jameson borrow from Lessing?
(a) Her short stories.
(b) Her typewriter.
(c) Her collection of Everyman books.
(d) Her fountain pen.
2. What historical event happened just before the birth of Lessing's daughter?
(a) The Atlantic Charter.
(b) The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(c) The outbreak of WWII.
(d) The detente.
3. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
4. Which group was beginning to infiltrate Salisbury?
(a) The U.S. Army.
(b) The RAF.
(c) The British Navy.
(d) The Nazis.
5. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(a) The Inquisition.
(c) The Counter Reformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. What skills did Lessing teach herself during that year?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)