|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
2. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
3. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 103 years.
(b) 54 years.
(c) 34 years.
(d) 23 years.
4. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
(b) Carron Dover.
(c) Smith & Son's.
5. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
(d) Roman Catholicism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
2. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
3. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
5. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)