|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Time Bites.
(b) In Going Home.
(c) In Pursuit of the English.
(d) In African Laughter.
2. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
(a) The War.
(b) The Native Problem.
(c) The Empire.
(d) The Slump.
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
5. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A sniff.
(b) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(c) A story about her frivolous ways.
(d) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
2. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
3. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
4. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
5. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)