|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
(a) Social equality for women.
(b) Cigarette smoking.
(c) The Talkies.
(d) Modernized womens' fashions.
2. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
(c) Winnie the Pooh.
3. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) An image of the great house in Persia.
(b) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
(c) Her father returning from war.
(d) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
4. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A kaross.
(c) A mosquito net.
(d) A quilt.
5. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
(a) A one-act Shakespearean play.
(b) An Aristophanean comedy.
(c) An English tragedy.
(d) A Ciceronian tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
2. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
3. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
4. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
5. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)