|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of culture existed in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) A sexually permissive culture.
(b) A racially-integrated culture.
(c) A drinking culture.
(d) A smoking culture.
2. Which activity did Lessing both love and hate?
(a) Walking John in the pram.
(c) Nursing John.
(d) Tea parties.
3. Which group was beginning to infiltrate Salisbury?
(a) The British Navy.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The RAF.
(d) The U.S. Army.
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Reformation.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Crusades.
(d) The Holocaust.
5. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That nothing is permanent.
(b) That circumstances dictate the person.
(c) That happiness is fleeting.
(d) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
2. What did Lessing's father assume when she and Frank showed up at the family farm?
3. What historical event happened just before the birth of Lessing's daughter?
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)