|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A story about her frivolous ways.
(b) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(c) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
(d) A sniff.
2. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
3. Which activity did Lessing both love and hate?
(b) Walking John in the pram.
(c) Nursing John.
(d) Tea parties.
4. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
(d) Roman Catholicism.
5. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
(b) Winnie the Pooh.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
2. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
3. Where was Doris Lessing born?
4. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
5. Where was John McVeagh born?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)