|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did Lessing do to calm down John?
(a) She read stories of animals to him.
(b) She took John for walks in the pram.
(c) She sang nursery rhymes to him.
(d) She laid him on his back on the carpet.
2. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
3. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
(a) Grey silk.
(b) Red velvet.
(c) Black velvet.
(d) Green satin.
4. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
5. Which group was beginning to infiltrate Salisbury?
(a) The British Navy.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The U.S. Army.
(d) The RAF.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lessing and Frank decide to have another child?
2. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
3. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)