|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
(a) African huts were made of straw.
(b) English huts had windows.
(c) English huts were much larger.
(d) African huts were two-story.
2. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
(a) German peasant food.
(b) French peasant food.
(c) English peasant food.
(d) Traditional Rhodesian food.
3. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
(b) Frank's sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mabel Griffiths.
4. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
5. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
2. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
4. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)