|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(b) Memory is an astonishing record.
(c) Memory must be recorded in books.
(d) Memory cannot be trusted.
2. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
(a) That being naughty was much worse than lying.
(b) That lying would make their face stick in a horrible position.
(c) That being naughty was more fun than behaving.
(d) That a lie was worse than being naughty.
3. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Bed rest.
(b) Hydration and exercise.
(d) Tonic and quinine.
4. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Media coverage.
(b) Political corruption.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Lilfordia.
(b) In Johannesburg.
(c) In Kent.
(d) In London.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
2. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
3. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
4. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
5. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)