|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 14th year.
(b) Her 17th year.
(c) Her 16th year.
(d) Her 12th year.
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Johannesburg.
(b) In Kent.
(c) In London.
(d) In Lilfordia.
3. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(b) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(c) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(d) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
4. Who stated that children should play in mud?
(a) Lessing's father.
(b) Lessing's mother.
(c) Mrs. Scott.
5. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
(a) That a lie was worse than being naughty.
(b) That being naughty was much worse than lying.
(c) That lying would make their face stick in a horrible position.
(d) That being naughty was more fun than behaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
2. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
3. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
4. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
5. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)