|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
(b) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
(c) That the family was middle-class.
(d) That the family was poor.
2. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
(d) Winnie the Pooh.
3. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
4. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
(a) By washing her hair with scalding hot water.
(b) With paraffin.
(c) With expensive shampoo.
(d) By shaving her head.
5. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Tonic and quinine.
(b) Hydration and exercise.
(d) Bed rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
2. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
3. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
4. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)