|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
3. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
(a) £ 100.
(b) £ 10,000.
(c) £ 2,500.
(d) £ 1,000.
4. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(b) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(c) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
(d) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
5. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
2. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
3. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
4. To which of the following illnesses did Lessing's brother often succumb?
5. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)