|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Hydration and exercise.
(c) Tonic and quinine.
(d) Bed rest.
2. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
3. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A story about her frivolous ways.
(b) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(c) A sniff.
(d) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
4. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By staying up late.
(d) By sneaking out of the cabin.
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The natives.
(b) The bush.
(c) The wildcats.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
2. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
3. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
4. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
5. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)