|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
(b) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
(c) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
(d) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
3. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Kent.
(b) In London.
(c) In Lilfordia.
(d) In Johannesburg.
4. To which of the following illnesses did Lessing's brother often succumb?
(c) Migraine headaches.
5. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A case of depression.
(b) A bad appendix.
(c) A dishonorable discharge.
(d) An amputated leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
2. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
3. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
4. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
5. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)