|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were members of a different culture.
(b) That they were corrupt.
(c) That they were incompetent.
(d) That they were lazy.
2. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
(a) English huts were much larger.
(b) African huts were two-story.
(c) English huts had windows.
(d) African huts were made of straw.
3. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
4. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(b) Small Pox.
5. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
(a) Traditional Rhodesian food.
(b) English peasant food.
(c) German peasant food.
(d) French peasant food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
2. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
3. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
4. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
5. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)