|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In African Laughter.
(b) In Going Home.
(c) In Time Bites.
(d) In Pursuit of the English.
2. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
3. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) World War II.
(b) Media coverage.
(c) World War I.
(d) Political corruption.
4. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By stealing things and lying about them.
(b) By staying up late.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
5. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
(a) A mischievous child.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
2. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
5. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)