|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(b) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
(c) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(d) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
2. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
3. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was middle-class.
(b) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
(c) That the family was poor.
(d) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
4. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
(b) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
(c) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
(d) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
5. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
3. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
4. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
5. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)