|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Political corruption.
(b) Media coverage.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
2. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
(a) That a lie was worse than being naughty.
(b) That lying would make their face stick in a horrible position.
(c) That being naughty was more fun than behaving.
(d) That being naughty was much worse than lying.
3. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
4. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
5. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
(a) The Royal Theater Company.
(b) The Shakespeare Theater Company.
(c) The BBC.
(d) The Liverpool Theater Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
2. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
3. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
4. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
5. Where was Doris Lessing born?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)