|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Kermanshah, Persia.
(b) London, England.
(c) Southern Rhodesia.
(d) Glasgow, Scotland.
2. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(b) United States of America.
3. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Lilfordia.
(b) In Kent.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In London.
4. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
5. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A pair of ladies' riding pants.
(c) A grey silk shift dress.
(d) A lavish rose gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
3. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
4. Who stated that children should play in mud?
5. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)