|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Political corruption.
(b) World War II.
(c) Media coverage.
(d) World War I.
2. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) The Little Princess.
3. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) National Hospital of England.
(c) The Scotland Yard.
(d) Imperial Bank of Persia.
4. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A flower that she picked herself.
(b) A book.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her teddy bear.
5. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
(a) With expensive shampoo.
(b) By shaving her head.
(c) With paraffin.
(d) By washing her hair with scalding hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
2. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
3. With whom did Lessing board as a child?
4. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
5. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)