|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Bed rest.
(b) Hydration and exercise.
(c) Tonic and quinine.
2. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
3. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
(a) That being naughty was more fun than behaving.
(b) That lying would make their face stick in a horrible position.
(c) That a lie was worse than being naughty.
(d) That being naughty was much worse than lying.
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(b) Shell Shock.
5. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
(a) The Shakespeare Theater Company.
(b) The BBC.
(c) The Liverpool Theater Company.
(d) The Royal Theater Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
2. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
3. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
4. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
5. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)