|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were corrupt.
(b) That they were members of a different culture.
(c) That they were lazy.
(d) That they were incompetent.
2. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
(b) Winnie the Pooh.
3. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
(b) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(c) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
(d) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
4. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
(a) The Shakespeare Theater Company.
(b) The BBC.
(c) The Liverpool Theater Company.
(d) The Royal Theater Company.
5. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
2. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
3. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
4. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
5. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)