|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(b) United States of America.
2. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
(b) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(c) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(d) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
3. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
(c) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
(d) The rage of a child.
4. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
5. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Tristram Shandy.
(c) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
2. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
3. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
4. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)