|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
(b) Carron Dover.
(d) Smith & Son's.
2. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
3. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(b) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
4. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
(a) In Persia.
(b) In the East End.
(c) In Bloomsbury.
(d) In Southern Rhodesia.
5. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
3. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
4. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
5. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)