|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Going Home.
(b) In African Laughter.
(c) In Time Bites.
(d) In Pursuit of the English.
2. Where was John McVeagh born?
3. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
(c) The rage of a child.
(d) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Reformation.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) The Crusades.
(d) The Renaissance.
5. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
2. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
3. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
4. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
5. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)