|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They saved money scrupulously.
(b) They studied French.
(c) They had their teeth removed.
(d) They drew up a legal will.
3. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was middle-class.
(b) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
(c) That the family was poor.
(d) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
4. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
(a) A one-act Shakespearean play.
(b) An English tragedy.
(c) A Ciceronian tragedy.
(d) An Aristophanean comedy.
5. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
2. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
3. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
4. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
5. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)