|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Time Bites.
(b) In African Laughter.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In Pursuit of the English.
2. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory is an astonishing record.
(b) Memory cannot be trusted.
(c) Memory must be recorded in books.
(d) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(c) United States of America.
4. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The wildcats.
(b) The bush.
(c) The trees.
(d) The natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
2. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
4. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
5. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)