|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
(a) English huts had windows.
(b) English huts were much larger.
(c) African huts were two-story.
(d) African huts were made of straw.
2. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
3. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(b) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
5. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
2. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
3. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
4. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
5. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)