|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(c) Small Pox.
2. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies sell well.
(b) Biographies are based on fact.
(c) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(d) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
3. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
(b) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
(c) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
(d) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
4. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
(a) That being naughty was much worse than lying.
(b) That being naughty was more fun than behaving.
(c) That lying would make their face stick in a horrible position.
(d) That a lie was worse than being naughty.
5. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
2. With whom did Lessing board as a child?
3. Who stated that children should play in mud?
4. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
5. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)