|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(a) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
(b) Tristram Shandy.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Johannesburg.
(b) In London.
(c) In Lilfordia.
(d) In Kent.
3. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
(b) An image of the great house in Persia.
(c) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
(d) Her father returning from war.
4. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
3. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
4. Who stated that children should play in mud?
5. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)