|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they could betray them at any time.
2. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(c) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(c) United States of America.
4. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
5. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
(b) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
(c) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
(d) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
2. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
3. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
4. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
5. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)