|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
(b) That the family was middle-class.
(c) That the family was poor.
(d) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
2. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
3. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Cynic.
(b) The Recluse.
(c) The Hostess.
(d) The Guide.
4. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Their mother shaved her head.
(b) Their mother died.
(c) Their servants were fired for stealing.
(d) Their father died.
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
4. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)