|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) A visit to a swimming bath.
(b) Her first day in the Persian house.
(c) A visit to her father's workplace.
(d) A trip to the market.
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The bush.
(b) The wildcats.
(c) The trees.
(d) The natives.
3. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(c) National Hospital of England.
(d) The Scotland Yard.
4. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
(b) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(c) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(d) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
5. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
(a) Carron Dover.
(c) Smith & Son's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
2. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
3. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
4. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)