|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(b) United States of America.
2. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
(b) Her father returning from war.
(c) An image of the great house in Persia.
(d) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
3. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was poor.
(b) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
(c) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
(d) That the family was middle-class.
4. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Kent.
(b) In London.
(c) In Lilfordia.
(d) In Johannesburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
2. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
3. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
4. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)