|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They studied French.
(b) They saved money scrupulously.
(c) They drew up a legal will.
(d) They had their teeth removed.
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(c) National Hospital of England.
(d) The Scotland Yard.
3. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A bad appendix.
(b) An amputated leg.
(c) A dishonorable discharge.
(d) A case of depression.
4. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(a) United States of America.
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
2. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
3. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
4. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
5. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)