|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
2. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(b) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(c) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
(d) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
3. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
(a) In the East End.
(b) In Southern Rhodesia.
(c) In Persia.
(d) In Bloomsbury.
4. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
5. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
3. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
4. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
5. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)