|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Their servants were fired for stealing.
(b) Their mother died.
(c) Their father died.
(d) Their mother shaved her head.
2. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
(a) A grey silk shift dress.
(b) A lavish rose gown.
(c) A pair of ladies' riding pants.
(d) A fur coat.
3. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
(a) The Shakespeare Theater Company.
(b) The Liverpool Theater Company.
(c) The BBC.
(d) The Royal Theater Company.
4. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
(b) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
(c) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
(d) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
5. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
2. Where was Doris Lessing born?
3. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
5. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)