|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A flower that she picked herself.
(b) Her cat.
(c) A book.
(d) Her teddy bear.
2. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
(b) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(c) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(d) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
3. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
(b) Winnie the Pooh.
4. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
5. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
2. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
3. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
4. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
5. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)