|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In London.
(b) In Lilfordia.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In Kent.
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) The Scotland Yard.
(b) National Hospital of England.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) Imperial Bank of Persia.
3. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
4. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(c) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
5. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
(a) Because her mother was a poor seamstress.
(b) Because her mother always insisted on making clothing that was too big.
(c) Because her mother had poor taste in clothing design.
(d) Because her mother always made her clothes look too youthful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
2. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
5. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)