|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Reformation.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Crusades.
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(c) Shell Shock.
3. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Pursuit of the English.
(b) In Time Bites.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In African Laughter.
4. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 34 years.
(b) 103 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 54 years.
5. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Bed rest.
(c) Tonic and quinine.
(d) Hydration and exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
3. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
4. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
5. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)