|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
(a) Smith & Son's.
(d) Carron Dover.
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
4. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(c) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(d) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
3. What does Lessing say about memory?
4. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
5. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)