|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Recluse.
(b) The Hostess.
(c) The Guide.
(d) The Cynic.
2. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(b) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
(c) "Ring Around the Rosie".
3. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they could betray them at any time.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
5. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(b) Hydration and exercise.
(c) Tonic and quinine.
(d) Bed rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
2. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
3. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)