|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) Her first day in the Persian house.
(b) A trip to the market.
(c) A visit to a swimming bath.
(d) A visit to her father's workplace.
2. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) Media coverage.
(d) Political corruption.
3. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(b) That they could betray them at any time.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they should return to England.
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(b) United States of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
5. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)