|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The move to Africa.
(b) The beginning of war.
(c) The death of her cat.
(d) The first day of school.
2. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(b) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(c) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(d) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
5. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(b) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
(c) The rage of a child.
(d) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
2. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
5. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)