|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
2. Who stated that children should play in mud?
(a) Lessing's mother.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Lessing's father.
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) The Little Princess.
(d) The Jungle Book.
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
2. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)