|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A dishonorable discharge.
(b) A bad appendix.
(c) A case of depression.
(d) An amputated leg.
2. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Tonic and quinine.
(b) Bed rest.
(c) Hydration and exercise.
3. Where was John McVeagh born?
4. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory cannot be trusted.
(b) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(c) Memory is an astonishing record.
(d) Memory must be recorded in books.
5. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(b) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(d) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
2. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
3. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)