|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Singing and prancing.
(b) Cats and flowers.
(c) Horses and dancing.
(d) Books and studying.
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Lilfordia.
(b) In London.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In Kent.
3. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(b) National Hospital of England.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) The Scotland Yard.
4. Where was John McVeagh born?
5. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Their father died.
(b) Their mother died.
(c) Their servants were fired for stealing.
(d) Their mother shaved her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
2. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
3. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
4. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
5. What does Lessing say about memory?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)