|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
2. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are based on fact.
(b) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
(c) Biographies sell well.
(d) Novels require more of the author's soul.
3. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
(a) African huts were made of straw.
(b) African huts were two-story.
(c) English huts were much larger.
(d) English huts had windows.
4. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
5. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lessing not like the clothes that her mother had made for her?
2. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
3. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
4. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)