|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Their father died.
(b) Their mother shaved her head.
(c) Their servants were fired for stealing.
(d) Their mother died.
2. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
3. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(b) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(c) That they should return to England.
(d) That they could betray them at any time.
4. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
5. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
2. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
3. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
4. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
5. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)