|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) World War I.
(b) Media coverage.
(c) Political corruption.
(d) World War II.
2. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
3. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(b) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
(c) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
4. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Pursuit of the English.
(b) In Time Bites.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In African Laughter.
5. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
2. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
3. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
4. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
5. Where was John McVeagh born?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)