|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory is an astonishing record.
(b) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(c) Memory cannot be trusted.
(d) Memory must be recorded in books.
2. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(b) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(c) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(d) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
3. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By stealing things and lying about them.
(b) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(c) By staying up late.
(d) By sneaking out of the cabin.
4. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The bush.
(b) The trees.
(c) The natives.
(d) The wildcats.
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
2. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. Where was Doris Lessing born?
5. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)