|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Lilfordia.
(b) In Johannesburg.
(c) In Kent.
(d) In London.
3. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(b) A story about her frivolous ways.
(c) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
(d) A sniff.
4. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By staying up late.
(b) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By stealing things and lying about them.
5. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(b) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(c) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(d) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
2. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
5. What does Lessing say about memory?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)