|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
(b) An image of the great house in Persia.
(c) Her father returning from war.
(d) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
2. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In African Laughter.
(b) In Pursuit of the English.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In Time Bites.
3. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(a) Shell Shock.
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Crusades.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The Holocaust.
5. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By stealing things and lying about them.
(b) By staying up late.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
3. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
4. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
5. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)