|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A flower that she picked herself.
(b) Her teddy bear.
(c) Her cat.
(d) A book.
2. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Reformation.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Holocaust.
3. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(a) Total victory.
(b) Military defeat.
4. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
(b) A sniff.
(c) A story about her frivolous ways.
(d) A look of disdain in her eyes.
5. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(b) Memory cannot be trusted.
(c) Memory must be recorded in books.
(d) Memory is an astonishing record.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
2. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
5. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)