|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By stealing things and lying about them.
(b) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By staying up late.
2. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
3. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Going Home.
(b) In African Laughter.
(c) In Time Bites.
(d) In Pursuit of the English.
4. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
(b) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(c) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
(d) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
5. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(b) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
(c) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
(d) The rage of a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
2. What does Lessing say about memory?
3. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
4. Where was John McVeagh born?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)