|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
2. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
3. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They had their teeth removed.
(b) They studied French.
(c) They saved money scrupulously.
(d) They drew up a legal will.
4. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory must be recorded in books.
(b) Memory is an astonishing record.
(c) Memory cannot be trusted.
(d) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
5. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 103 years.
(b) 34 years.
(c) 54 years.
(d) 23 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
2. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
3. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
5. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)