|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
(b) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
2. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(c) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(d) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
3. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) Her father returning from war.
(b) An image of the great house in Persia.
(c) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
(d) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
4. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(c) National Hospital of England.
(d) The Scotland Yard.
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
2. How did the author feel about her childhood?
3. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
5. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)