|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(d) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
2. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A flower that she picked herself.
(b) Her teddy bear.
(c) Her cat.
(d) A book.
3. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) World War I.
(b) Political corruption.
(c) Media coverage.
(d) World War II.
4. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By stealing things and lying about them.
(b) By staying up late.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
5. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Holocaust.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The Crusades.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
2. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
5. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)