|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(b) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(c) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(d) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
3. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The beginning of war.
(b) The first day of school.
(c) The move to Africa.
(d) The death of her cat.
4. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were lazy.
(b) That they were members of a different culture.
(c) That they were incompetent.
(d) That they were corrupt.
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
5. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)