|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 54 years.
(b) 103 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 34 years.
3. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
(b) The rage of a child.
(d) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
4. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
5. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
(b) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(c) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
(d) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
2. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
3. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
4. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
5. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)