|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(b) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(c) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(d) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
2. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
3. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were members of a different culture.
(b) That they were lazy.
(c) That they were incompetent.
(d) That they were corrupt.
4. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
5. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In African Laughter.
(b) In Pursuit of the English.
(c) In Time Bites.
(d) In Going Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
3. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
4. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
5. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)