|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The death of her cat.
(b) The beginning of war.
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The move to Africa.
2. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) Her first day in the Persian house.
(b) A visit to a swimming bath.
(c) A trip to the market.
(d) A visit to her father's workplace.
3. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(b) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(c) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(d) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
4. Where was John McVeagh born?
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
3. Where was Doris Lessing born?
4. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
5. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)