|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) Her first day in the Persian house.
(b) A trip to the market.
(c) A visit to a swimming bath.
(d) A visit to her father's workplace.
2. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
3. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were corrupt.
(b) That they were incompetent.
(c) That they were lazy.
(d) That they were members of a different culture.
4. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By staying up late.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(b) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(c) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(d) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. Where was John McVeagh born?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
5. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)