|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Kermanshah, Persia.
(c) Southern Rhodesia.
(d) Glasgow, Scotland.
2. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(b) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(c) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(d) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
3. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(b) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(c) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(d) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
4. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(b) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
3. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
5. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)