|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(b) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(c) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(d) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
2. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They studied French.
(b) They saved money scrupulously.
(c) They drew up a legal will.
(d) They had their teeth removed.
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(d) United States of America.
4. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
5. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) National Hospital of England.
(b) The Scotland Yard.
(c) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(d) A small farm in Rhodesia.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
2. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
3. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)