|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A dishonorable discharge.
(b) A bad appendix.
(c) An amputated leg.
(d) A case of depression.
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(b) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(c) The Scotland Yard.
(d) National Hospital of England.
3. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they could betray them at any time.
(c) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(d) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
4. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
5. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
3. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
4. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)