|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A story about her frivolous ways.
(b) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(c) A sniff.
(d) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Horses and dancing.
(b) Cats and flowers.
(c) Books and studying.
(d) Singing and prancing.
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
5. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author feel about her childhood?
2. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
3. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
4. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
5. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)