|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Glasgow, Scotland.
(b) Southern Rhodesia.
(c) London, England.
(d) Kermanshah, Persia.
2. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
3. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) The Crusades.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The Renaissance.
4. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) Her father returning from war.
(b) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
(c) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
(d) An image of the great house in Persia.
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
3. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
4. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
5. How did the author feel about her childhood?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)