|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Crusades.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The Holocaust.
2. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
3. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That nothing is permanent.
(b) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
(c) That circumstances dictate the person.
(d) That happiness is fleeting.
4. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Pursuit of the English.
(b) In African Laughter.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In Time Bites.
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(b) That they should return to England.
(c) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(d) That they could betray them at any time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
2. Where was Doris Lessing born?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)