|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Southern Rhodesia.
(c) Glasgow, Scotland.
(d) Kermanshah, Persia.
2. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Pursuit of the English.
(b) In African Laughter.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In Time Bites.
3. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
(b) The rage of a child.
(d) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(b) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
5. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
2. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
3. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
4. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)