|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
2. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(b) Memory cannot be trusted.
(c) Memory must be recorded in books.
(d) Memory is an astonishing record.
3. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(c) Shell Shock.
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(b) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
(c) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(d) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
5. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
2. Where was Doris Lessing born?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
5. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)