|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(b) By staying up late.
(c) By stealing things and lying about them.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
2. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
3. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Guide.
(b) The Cynic.
(c) The Recluse.
(d) The Hostess.
4. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A book.
(b) Her teddy bear.
(c) Her cat.
(d) A flower that she picked herself.
5. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(a) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
(c) Free time.
(d) Copious emotional space.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
3. How did the author feel about her childhood?
4. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
5. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)