|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(c) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
3. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Cynic.
(b) The Hostess.
(c) The Recluse.
(d) The Guide.
4. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 34 years.
(b) 54 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 103 years.
5. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(b) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
(d) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
2. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
3. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
4. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
5. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)