|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(c) The Scotland Yard.
(d) National Hospital of England.
2. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(b) United States of America.
3. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(b) "Ring Around the Rosie".
(c) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
4. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Singing and prancing.
(b) Horses and dancing.
(c) Books and studying.
(d) Cats and flowers.
5. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are based on fact.
(b) Biographies sell well.
(c) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
(d) Novels require more of the author's soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
3. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
4. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)