|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(b) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(c) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(d) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
2. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(b) Military defeat.
(c) Total victory.
3. Where was John McVeagh born?
4. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
5. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Cynic.
(b) The Hostess.
(c) The Guide.
(d) The Recluse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
2. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
3. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
4. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)