|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were incompetent.
(b) That they were lazy.
(c) That they were members of a different culture.
(d) That they were corrupt.
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Singing and prancing.
(b) Books and studying.
(c) Cats and flowers.
(d) Horses and dancing.
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) Her teddy bear.
(b) A flower that she picked herself.
(c) A book.
(d) Her cat.
4. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
5. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(c) Total victory.
(d) Military defeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
3. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
4. Where was John McVeagh born?
5. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)