|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The Crusades.
2. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(a) Total victory.
(d) Military defeat.
3. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A bad appendix.
(b) An amputated leg.
(c) A case of depression.
(d) A dishonorable discharge.
4. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were lazy.
(b) That they were incompetent.
(c) That they were corrupt.
(d) That they were members of a different culture.
5. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
3. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)