|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The rage of a child.
(c) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
(d) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
2. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(b) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(c) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
(d) "Ring Around the Rosie".
3. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
4. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) Her first day in the Persian house.
(b) A visit to a swimming bath.
(c) A visit to her father's workplace.
(d) A trip to the market.
5. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Southern Rhodesia.
(b) Glasgow, Scotland.
(c) Kermanshah, Persia.
(d) London, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
3. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
4. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
5. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)