|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
2. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
3. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
4. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(b) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
(c) Free time.
(d) Copious emotional space.
5. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) The Scotland Yard.
(c) National Hospital of England.
(d) Imperial Bank of Persia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
3. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
4. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)