|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
2. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The death of her cat.
(b) The beginning of war.
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The move to Africa.
3. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(d) Shell Shock.
4. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
(b) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(c) A sniff.
(d) A story about her frivolous ways.
5. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Singing and prancing.
(b) Horses and dancing.
(c) Books and studying.
(d) Cats and flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
2. Where was Doris Lessing born?
3. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
4. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
5. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)