|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(d) Shell Shock.
3. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(b) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
(c) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(d) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
5. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The beginning of war.
(b) The first day of school.
(c) The move to Africa.
(d) The death of her cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
2. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
5. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)