|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A book.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her teddy bear.
(d) A flower that she picked herself.
2. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory cannot be trusted.
(b) Memory is an astonishing record.
(c) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(d) Memory must be recorded in books.
3. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The first day of school.
(b) The beginning of war.
(c) The move to Africa.
(d) The death of her cat.
4. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) National Hospital of England.
(c) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(d) The Scotland Yard.
5. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
2. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
3. Where was John McVeagh born?
4. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
5. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)