|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Media coverage.
(b) Political corruption.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
2. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) A visit to a swimming bath.
(b) A trip to the market.
(c) Her first day in the Persian house.
(d) A visit to her father's workplace.
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A book.
(b) A flower that she picked herself.
(c) Her teddy bear.
(d) Her cat.
4. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(b) The Scotland Yard.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) National Hospital of England.
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(b) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(c) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(d) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
2. Where was John McVeagh born?
3. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
4. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
5. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)