|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
3. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A story about her frivolous ways.
(b) A sniff.
(c) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
(d) A look of disdain in her eyes.
4. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A dishonorable discharge.
(b) A bad appendix.
(c) An amputated leg.
(d) A case of depression.
5. Where was John McVeagh born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
3. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
4. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
5. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)