|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(b) Shell Shock.
3. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory must be recorded in books.
(b) Memory is an astonishing record.
(c) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
(d) Memory cannot be trusted.
4. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
5. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
2. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
3. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
4. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
5. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)