|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Reformation.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Holocaust.
2. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
3. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
(b) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(c) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
(d) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
4. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
(a) The racially-motivated hatred of post-colonial Africa.
(c) The hatred of the disillusioned soldier.
(d) The rage of a child.
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
2. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
3. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
4. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
5. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)