|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The death of her cat.
(b) The first day of school.
(c) The beginning of war.
(d) The move to Africa.
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That circumstances dictate the person.
(b) That nothing is permanent.
(c) That happiness is fleeting.
(d) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
3. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) World War I.
(b) Political corruption.
(c) Media coverage.
(d) World War II.
4. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were incompetent.
(b) That they were corrupt.
(c) That they were lazy.
(d) That they were members of a different culture.
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
2. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
3. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
4. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)