|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Singing and prancing.
(b) Cats and flowers.
(c) Horses and dancing.
(d) Books and studying.
2. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) A book.
(b) A flower that she picked herself.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her teddy bear.
4. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) National Hospital of England.
(b) The Scotland Yard.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) Imperial Bank of Persia.
5. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were corrupt.
(b) That they were lazy.
(c) That they were members of a different culture.
(d) That they were incompetent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
3. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
4. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)