|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Reformation.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Holocaust.
2. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Brewer's Pub.
(b) Castle Brewery.
(c) Capetown Brewery.
(d) Salisbury Brewery.
3. Why did Lessing's mother rush from the farm to her home?
(a) Lessing's mother wanted to warn her about having too many children too close together.
(b) Lessing's mother wanted to end her marriage to Frank.
(c) Lessing's mother had heard rumors of an impending divorce.
(d) Lessing's mother needed to inform her of her father's condition/
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(b) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(c) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(d) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
5. How old was Jean in the scene that Lessing describes in this chapter?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 weeks.
(d) 15 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lessing's wage when she worked as a junior typist?
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
3. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
4. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
5. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)