Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
(c) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
2. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
(a) The National Bank of Southern Rhodesia.
(b) Land Bank.
(c) The British National Bank.
(d) Southern Rhodesian Farming Association.
3. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
(b) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(c) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(d) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
4. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
5. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
2. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
3. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
4. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
5. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)