Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
2. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Bed rest.
(c) Hydration and exercise.
(d) Tonic and quinine.
3. Which of the following did Lessing delight in telling the other children at the school?
(a) That being naughty was more fun than behaving.
(b) That being naughty was much worse than lying.
(c) That a lie was worse than being naughty.
(d) That lying would make their face stick in a horrible position.
4. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
5. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
(a) A pair of ladies' riding pants.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A lavish rose gown.
(d) A grey silk shift dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
2. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
3. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)