|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six -Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(a) Total victory.
(d) Military defeat.
2. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(d) Small Pox.
3. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) The Little Princess.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
4. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(b) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(c) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(d) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
5. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stated that children should play in mud?
2. How did the author feel about her childhood?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
5. What does Lessing say about memory?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)