|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) An amputated leg.
(b) A bad appendix.
(c) A case of depression.
(d) A dishonorable discharge.
2. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(b) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(c) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
(d) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her teddy bear.
(c) A book.
(d) A flower that she picked herself.
4. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Kermanshah, Persia.
(b) Southern Rhodesia.
(c) London, England.
(d) Glasgow, Scotland.
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The natives.
(b) The wildcats.
(c) The bush.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
2. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
3. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
4. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)