Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
(a) "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
(c) "Baa Baa, Black Sheep".
(d) "Ring Around the Rosie".
2. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Media coverage.
(b) World War II.
(c) Political corruption.
(d) World War I.
3. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) A visit to a swimming bath.
(b) Her first day in the Persian house.
(c) A visit to her father's workplace.
(d) A trip to the market.
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(d) Shell Shock.
5. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) An image of the great house in Persia.
(b) Her father returning from war.
(c) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
(d) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
2. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
3. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
4. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
5. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)