|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
4. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Southern Rhodesia.
(c) Kermanshah, Persia.
(d) Glasgow, Scotland.
5. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 12th year.
(b) Her 17th year.
(c) Her 16th year.
(d) Her 14th year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
2. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
3. Who is the hero of Fathers and Sons, the book Lessing cites in this chapter?
4. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
5. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)