|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
2. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(a) Small Pox.
3. To which of the following illnesses did Lessing's brother often succumb?
(d) Migraine headaches.
4. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A grey silk shift dress.
(c) A pair of ladies' riding pants.
(d) A lavish rose gown.
5. Which activity did Lessing both love and hate?
(a) Tea parties.
(c) Nursing John.
(d) Walking John in the pram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)