|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which activity did Lessing both love and hate?
(a) Walking John in the pram.
(b) Tea parties.
(c) Nursing John.
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(b) The Scotland Yard.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) National Hospital of England.
3. What development in young John's life took very little effort from Lessing?
(d) Toilet training.
4. To which of the following illnesses did Lessing's brother often succumb?
(a) Migraine headaches.
5. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how did Klaus' father keep his name off the debt list?
2. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
3. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
4. Who is the hero of Fathers and Sons, the book Lessing cites in this chapter?
5. What did the Portuguese woman give to Lessing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)