|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phenomenons did Frank and Lessing consistently criticize?
(a) English customs celebrated in Rhodesia.
(c) Pretensions about education.
(d) White superiority.
2. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
3. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are based on fact.
(b) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(c) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
(d) Biographies sell well.
4. What does Lessing mention as the one thing that would have stopped her from marrying Frank?
(a) Her mother's opposition to the marriage.
(b) Her mother's support.
(c) Her father's support.
(d) Her father's admonition against making that mistake.
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(b) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
(c) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(d) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Lessing reference as a common theme throughout her childhood?
2. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
3. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
4. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
5. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)