|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(c) The Inquisition.
(d) The Counter Reformation.
2. In Chapter 12, what did Lessing do to calm down John?
(a) She took John for walks in the pram.
(b) She read stories of animals to him.
(c) She sang nursery rhymes to him.
(d) She laid him on his back on the carpet.
3. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Capetown Brewery.
(b) Castle Brewery.
(c) Salisbury Brewery.
(d) Brewer's Pub.
4. Why was it especially dangerous for Gottfried to carry on an affair?
(a) Because he was a career criminal.
(b) Because he was an enemy alien.
(c) Because he was a married man.
(d) Because he was a high-ranking official.
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The wildcats.
(b) The natives.
(c) The trees.
(d) The bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who did Lessing encounter in the street?
2. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
3. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
4. What did all the women assume about Lessing's marriage to Frank?
5. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)