|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of birth control had Lessing been using?
(a) Birth control pills.
(c) The Dutch cap.
2. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(a) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
(c) Free time.
(d) Copious emotional space.
3. What skills did Lessing teach herself during that year?
(a) Sewing and darning.
(b) Speed typing and shorthand.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) Cooking and cleaning.
4. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
(a) She did not notice the stream of visitors.
(b) She did not mind, but wondered what Lessing's mother thought.
(c) She did not approve.
(d) She applauded her independence.
5. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
(a) In Southern Rhodesia.
(b) In Persia.
(c) In Bloomsbury.
(d) In the East End.
Short Answer Questions
1. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
2. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
3. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
4. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
5. What did the Portuguese woman give to Lessing?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)