|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(a) Shell Shock.
2. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
(a) Martha Quest.
(b) Going Home.
(c) The Cleft.
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. Which activity did Lessing both love and hate?
(a) Walking John in the pram.
(b) Tea parties.
(c) Nursing John.
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(d) United States of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
2. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
3. What was Lessing's wage when she worked as a junior typist?
4. How does Lessing describe Frank Cooper's views on the world?
5. What time of day would Gottfried get up to go to the tobacco auctions?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)