|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Gottfried Lessing arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) At the end of World War II.
(b) After Kristallnacht.
(c) Immediately following the outbreak of war.
(d) Before the outbreak of World War II.
2. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they could betray them at any time.
(b) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(c) That they should return to England.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
3. In Chapter 17, how did Klaus' father keep his name off the debt list?
(a) Klaus' father performed an abortion for a Nazi official.
(b) Klaus' father paid off a Nazi.
(c) Klaus' father blackmailed a Nazi official.
(d) Klaus' father married the sister of a prominent Nazi.
4. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A mischievous child.
(d) A snake.
5. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Pursuit of the English.
(b) In Time Bites.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In African Laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
2. What did Lessing do while she spent her days with John?
3. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
4. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
5. What was Lessing's name for her outward personality?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)