|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(c) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
2. Which group was beginning to infiltrate Salisbury?
(a) The British Navy.
(b) The RAF.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The U.S. Army.
3. What did Lessing notice about the workers at the Guardian?
(a) Lessing noticed that whites worked alongside "Indians and Coloured people".
(b) Lessing noticed that very few people ran the operation.
(c) Lessing noticed that there were many women working in important positions.
(d) Lessing noticed that all classes of people were employed there.
4. Who is the central character of Lessing's "The Good Terrorist"- a book that Lessing references in this chapter?
5. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(b) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
(c) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(d) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the building in which Lessing and Gottfried rented their flat?
2. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
3. What did Sonny Jameson borrow from Lessing?
4. When did Lessing and Frank decide to have another child?
5. What type of culture existed in Southern Rhodesia?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)