|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following illnesses did Lessing's brother often succumb?
(a) Migraine headaches.
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By staying up late.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
3. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(a) The Counter Reformation.
(d) The Inquisition.
4. What did Sonny Jameson borrow from Lessing?
(a) Her typewriter.
(b) Her fountain pen.
(c) Her short stories.
(d) Her collection of Everyman books.
5. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(b) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
(c) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
(d) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
2. What development in young John's life took very little effort from Lessing?
3. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
4. According to Lessing, what tactic did the armies use to make killing easier?
5. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)