|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing do while she spent her days with John?
(a) Lessing planned her escape from domestic life.
(b) Lessing wrote poems in her mind.
(c) Lessing entertained wild fantasies.
(d) Lessing pined for simpler days.
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That circumstances dictate the person.
(b) That happiness is fleeting.
(c) That nothing is permanent.
(d) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
3. What word did Kurt ask Esther not to use?
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They had their teeth removed.
(b) They saved money scrupulously.
(c) They studied French.
(d) They drew up a legal will.
5. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The Holocaust.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
2. In Chapter 15, whom did Lessing find drinking wine with Gottfried?
3. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
4. What article of clothing caught young Lessing's attention on Bayswater Road?
5. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)