|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing refuse to have on her bed at night?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A kaross.
(c) A mosquito net.
(d) A quilt.
2. Who was the Minister of Finance?
(a) Frank Wisdom.
(b) Max Danziger.
(c) Arthur Koestler.
(d) Gunther Maynard.
3. How did the daughters of the mothers of the1960's view sex?
(a) As something to avoid.
(b) As a privilege.
(c) As a pleasurable pursuit.
(d) As a right.
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(b) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
5. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
2. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
5. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)