|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) The Scotland Yard.
(b) National Hospital of England.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) Imperial Bank of Persia.
2. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) An image of the great house in Persia.
(b) Her father returning from war.
(c) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
(d) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
3. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
4. Where was John McVeagh born?
5. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(b) The Inquisition.
(d) The Counter Reformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
3. To which of the following illnesses did Lessing's brother often succumb?
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
5. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)