|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
2. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
(a) The Yacht Club.
(b) The local bar.
(c) The Sports Club.
(d) The Left Book Club.
3. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
4. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
(a) The risk of not appearing to be marriage material.
(b) Showing too much knowledge about politics.
(c) The White Slave Trade.
(d) The wicked intentions of teenage boys.
5. Which of the following phenomenons did Frank and Lessing consistently criticize?
(a) White superiority.
(b) English customs celebrated in Rhodesia.
(d) Pretensions about education.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
2. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
3. What type of animals frequently made their way into the Tayler house?
4. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
5. To what does Lessing compare guilt?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)