|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kurt claim his real education occurred?
(b) Cafes in Vienna.
(d) World War II.
2. With whom did Lessing board as a child?
(a) Mary Peach.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Mrs. James.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell.
3. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
(b) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
(c) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
(d) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
4. When did Lessing and Frank decide to have another child?
(a) When John was 4 years old.
(b) When John was 2 years old.
(c) When John was 9 months old.
(d) When John was 9 years old.
5. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
(a) There was an incubator of eggs that were waiting to hatch.
(b) Lessing had fought with her mother earlier that day.
(c) Lessing's brother, Harry needed to be watched.
(d) Lessing did not want to accompany her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Lessing become after attending meetings with Dorothy?
2. Who is the central character of Lessing's "The Good Terrorist"- a book that Lessing references in this chapter?
3. How old was Lessing when she wrote "The Treasure Trunk"?
4. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
5. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)