|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Singing and prancing.
(b) Cats and flowers.
(c) Books and studying.
(d) Horses and dancing.
2. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
3. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
(a) A Ciceronian tragedy.
(b) An Aristophanean comedy.
(c) A one-act Shakespearean play.
(d) An English tragedy.
4. In Chapter 12, what did Lessing do to calm down John?
(a) She laid him on his back on the carpet.
(b) She sang nursery rhymes to him.
(c) She took John for walks in the pram.
(d) She read stories of animals to him.
5. What was Lessing's wage when she worked as a junior typist?
(a) £12 a day.
(b) £12 a week.
(c) £12 a year.
(d) £12 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
3. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
4. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
5. What did all the women assume about Lessing's marriage to Frank?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)