|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(c) Small Pox.
2. What was Lessing's wage when she worked as a junior typist?
(a) £12 a month.
(b) £12 a week.
(c) £12 a year.
(d) £12 a day.
3. With whom did Lessing board as a child?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Mrs. James.
(d) Mary Peach.
4. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A bad appendix.
(b) A dishonorable discharge.
(c) A case of depression.
(d) An amputated leg.
5. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Books and studying.
(b) Cats and flowers.
(c) Horses and dancing.
(d) Singing and prancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
2. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
3. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
4. In Chapter 17, how did Klaus' father keep his name off the debt list?
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)