|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Portuguese woman give to Lessing?
(a) A red dress.
(b) A red evening bag.
(c) A red shawl.
(d) A red hat.
2. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
(b) Frank Wisdom.
(c) Gottfried Lessing.
(d) N.H. Wilson.
3. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
(b) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(c) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(d) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
4. Which of the following organizations asked Lessing to write a play in the 1950's?
(a) The Liverpool Theater Company.
(b) The BBC.
(c) The Shakespeare Theater Company.
(d) The Royal Theater Company.
5. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
(a) English huts were much larger.
(b) African huts were two-story.
(c) English huts had windows.
(d) African huts were made of straw.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
2. What does Lessing say about memory?
3. Why did Kurt and Esther refuse to attend meetings?
4. With whom did Lessing board as a child?
5. Who stated that children should play in mud?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)