|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
2. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) The Little Princess.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The trees.
(b) The wildcats.
(c) The bush.
(d) The natives.
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(c) That they could betray them at any time.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)