|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
2. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
3. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
4. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In African Laughter.
(b) In Going Home.
(c) In Pursuit of the English.
(d) In Time Bites.
5. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
(a) Singing and prancing.
(b) Books and studying.
(c) Cats and flowers.
(d) Horses and dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
2. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
3. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
4. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)