|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) The Scotland Yard.
(c) National Hospital of England.
(d) Imperial Bank of Persia.
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(a) Copious emotional space.
(c) Free time.
(d) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
4. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
2. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
3. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
4. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
5. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)