|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
2. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they could betray them at any time.
(c) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(d) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
3. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(c) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(c) Shell Shock.
5. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
3. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
4. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
5. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)