|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(b) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(c) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(d) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
2. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 103 years.
(c) 34 years.
(d) 54 years.
3. How did Lessing's mother convey her distaste for Emily McVeagh?
(a) A constant undercurrent in her descriptions of Emily.
(b) A look of disdain in her eyes.
(c) A story about her frivolous ways.
(d) A sniff.
4. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
5. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
2. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
3. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)