|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
2. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(c) Small Pox.
3. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Time Bites.
(b) In African Laughter.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In Pursuit of the English.
4. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
5. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(c) Red jelly and cream.
(d) Peaches and cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
2. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
5. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)