|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are based on fact.
(b) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(c) Biographies sell well.
(d) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
2. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
(a) Aunt Betty's lover was killed in the War.
(b) Aunt Betty had decided not to marry.
(c) Aunt Betty was unhappily married.
(d) Aunt Betty was committed to Victorian values.
3. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(b) National Hospital of England.
(c) The Scotland Yard.
(d) A small farm in Rhodesia.
4. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
5. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lessing say about memory?
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
3. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
4. How did the author feel about her childhood?
5. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)