|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) Her first day in the Persian house.
(b) A visit to her father's workplace.
(c) A trip to the market.
(d) A visit to a swimming bath.
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) National Hospital of England.
(b) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) The Scotland Yard.
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are based on fact.
(b) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(c) Biographies sell well.
(d) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
5. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(b) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(c) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(d) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
2. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
4. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
5. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)