|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Recluse.
(b) The Cynic.
(c) The Hostess.
(d) The Guide.
2. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they could betray them at any time.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
3. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The wildcats.
(b) The bush.
(c) The natives.
(d) The trees.
4. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her teddy bear.
(c) A flower that she picked herself.
(d) A book.
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(c) United States of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
2. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
3. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
4. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
5. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)