|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
2. What did Lessing's father think of his Persian business partners?
(a) That they were corrupt.
(b) That they were incompetent.
(c) That they were members of a different culture.
(d) That they were lazy.
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. Where was John McVeagh born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
2. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
3. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
4. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)