|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) An amputated leg.
(b) A dishonorable discharge.
(c) A bad appendix.
(d) A case of depression.
2. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(b) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(c) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(d) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
3. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) The Scotland Yard.
(b) Imperial Bank of Persia.
(c) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(d) National Hospital of England.
4. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
5. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lessing say about memory?
2. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
3. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
4. Where was Doris Lessing born?
5. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)