|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
2. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Kermanshah, Persia.
(b) Southern Rhodesia.
(c) Glasgow, Scotland.
(d) London, England.
3. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That nothing is permanent.
(b) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
(c) That circumstances dictate the person.
(d) That happiness is fleeting.
4. Why did Lessing's father miss the Battle of the Somme?
(a) A bad appendix.
(b) A case of depression.
(c) An amputated leg.
(d) A dishonorable discharge.
5. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Guide.
(b) The Cynic.
(c) The Recluse.
(d) The Hostess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
5. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)