|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
(c) Shell Shock.
2. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they could betray them at any time.
(b) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(c) That they should return to England.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
3. Which of the following drugs does Lessing admit to having taken once?
4. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) An image of the great house in Persia.
(b) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
(c) Her father returning from war.
(d) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
5. How did the author feel about her childhood?
(a) Lessing felt as though her parents had neglected her.
(b) Lessing felt as though there had been a grey cloud over her childhood.
(c) Lessing felt as though the entire world was changing while she was a child.
(d) Lessing felt as though her childhood had been very sheltered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
2. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
3. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
4. According to Lessing, what is the most intense form of hatred?
5. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)