|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(d) United States of America.
2. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
3. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
(b) That the family was middle-class.
(c) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
(d) That the family was poor.
4. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Media coverage.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Political corruption.
5. Which of the following names does Lessing give the personality that would comes out of her while under the influence of drugs?
(a) The Cynic.
(b) The Guide.
(c) The Recluse.
(d) The Hostess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was John McVeagh born?
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
3. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
4. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
5. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)