|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
2. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(b) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(c) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(d) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(a) Free time.
(b) Copious emotional space.
(d) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
5. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(a) United States of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
2. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
3. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
4. What does Lessing say about memory?
5. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)