|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
(a) A small farm in Rhodesia.
(b) The Scotland Yard.
(c) National Hospital of England.
(d) Imperial Bank of Persia.
3. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) A visit to her father's workplace.
(b) A visit to a swimming bath.
(c) A trip to the market.
(d) Her first day in the Persian house.
4. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many biographers were writing about Lessing at the time that she wrote the book?
2. Which of the following song for children made Lessing's mother cry?
3. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
4. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
5. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)