|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
2. Where was John McVeagh born?
3. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(b) That they should return to England.
(c) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(d) That they could betray them at any time.
4. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Tonic and quinine.
(b) Bed rest.
(d) Hydration and exercise.
5. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They studied French.
(b) They had their teeth removed.
(c) They saved money scrupulously.
(d) They drew up a legal will.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
2. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
3. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
4. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
5. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)