|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Emily McVeagh die?
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(a) Total victory.
(d) Military defeat.
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the quote at the opening of Chapter 1, the girl in Lessing's mother's favorite saying only cared about which of the following?
2. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
3. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
4. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
5. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)