|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(b) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
(c) Copious emotional space.
(d) Free time.
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Lilfordia.
(b) In Kent.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In London.
3. How many family members went to visit Lessing's house in Persia?
4. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(c) Military defeat.
(d) Total victory.
5. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
(a) A visit to a swimming bath.
(b) A visit to her father's workplace.
(c) Her first day in the Persian house.
(d) A trip to the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land did James Tayler own in 1851?
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
3. Where was Doris Lessing born?
4. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
5. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)