|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Glasgow, Scotland.
(b) Southern Rhodesia.
(c) London, England.
(d) Kermanshah, Persia.
2. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They studied French.
(b) They drew up a legal will.
(c) They saved money scrupulously.
(d) They had their teeth removed.
3. How many adults lived in the Persian house while Lessing was growing up?
4. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(b) Small Pox.
5. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
2. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
3. When did Lessing experiment with drugs?
4. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
5. How was Aunt Betty Cleverly like most women of her generation?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)