|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lessing state as signifying the end of any war?
(a) Total victory.
(b) Military defeat.
2. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
3. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The bush.
(b) The natives.
(c) The trees.
(d) The wildcats.
4. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Southern Rhodesia.
(b) Glasgow, Scotland.
(c) Kermanshah, Persia.
(d) London, England.
5. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
(a) Women fade into the domestic sphere.
(b) Women become more significant to a culture's public culture.
(c) Women assert themselves as powerful people.
(d) Women are dropped from memory, then history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
2. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
3. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
4. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
5. Which of the following conditions ailed the author's father?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)