Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen, Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, which of the following does Lessing describe as her first memory?
(a) Her father returning from war.
(b) Her father, towering above her on a horse.
(c) An image of the farm in Southern Rhodesia.
(d) An image of the great house in Persia.
2. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
(a) Frank's sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mabel Griffiths.
3. How did the daughters of the mothers of the1960's view sex?
(a) As a privilege.
(b) As a right.
(c) As something to avoid.
(d) As a pleasurable pursuit.
4. What event in Lessing's childhood does she describe as having left her inconsolable?
(a) The beginning of war.
(b) The death of her cat.
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The move to Africa.
5. In what year was Gottfried Lessing born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
2. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
3. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
4. Which of the following books did Lessing use to illustrate the difference in transitioning from the consciousness of a child to that of an adult?
5. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)