Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Doris Lessing born?
(a) Southern Rhodesia.
(b) Glasgow, Scotland.
(c) Kermanshah, Persia.
(d) London, England.
2. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In London.
(b) In Lilfordia.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In Kent.
3. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Pursuit of the English.
(b) In Going Home.
(c) In African Laughter.
(d) In Time Bites.
4. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
(a) Free time.
(b) Tedious, rhetorical questions.
(c) Copious emotional space.
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
2. Where did Lessing's father work after he was discharged from the Army?
3. What did Doris insist on having with her in the photograph for which she posed?
4. What image from the photograph album does Lessing describe?
5. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)