|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lessing say about memory?
(a) Memory is an astonishing record.
(b) Memory must be recorded in books.
(c) Memory cannot be trusted.
(d) Memory is a careless and lazy organ.
2. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
(a) The Native Problem.
(b) The Empire.
(c) The War.
(d) The Slump.
3. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
(a) United States of America.
4. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) World War I.
(b) Political corruption.
(c) World War II.
(d) Media coverage.
5. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
(b) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(c) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
(d) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
3. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
4. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
5. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)