|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Capetown Brewery.
(b) Brewer's Pub.
(c) Salisbury Brewery.
(d) Castle Brewery.
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By staying up late.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
3. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
4. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
(a) She packed more food stuffs before leaving for Africa.
(b) She did nothing differently and packed all of the same items.
(c) She pared down her possessions before leaving for Africa.
(d) She took more extravagant things to Africa.
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(b) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
(c) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
2. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
4. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
5. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)