|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Brewer's Pub.
(b) Castle Brewery.
(c) Salisbury Brewery.
(d) Capetown Brewery.
2. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
(a) £ 2,500.
(b) £ 1,000.
(c) £ 100.
(d) £ 10,000.
3. What year did Lessing leave Southern Rhodesia?
4. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
(a) English huts had windows.
(b) African huts were two-story.
(c) African huts were made of straw.
(d) English huts were much larger.
5. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
(a) A snake.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A mischievous child.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
2. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
3. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
4. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
5. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)