|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The trees.
(b) The natives.
(c) The wildcats.
(d) The bush.
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
(a) Both subscribed to the New Statesman.
(b) Both had seditious thoughts about "The Native Problem".
(c) Both had read the Communist Manifesto.
(d) Both lived in Persia as children.
4. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
5. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
(b) Smith & Son's.
(c) Carron Dover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
2. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
3. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
4. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
5. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)