|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Castle Brewery.
(b) Salisbury Brewery.
(c) Capetown Brewery.
(d) Brewer's Pub.
2. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was poor.
(b) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
(c) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
(d) That the family was middle-class.
3. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The trees.
(b) The wildcats.
(c) The bush.
(d) The natives.
4. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Going Home.
(b) In Pursuit of the English.
(c) In Time Bites.
(d) In African Laughter.
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they could betray them at any time.
(b) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they should return to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Portuguese woman give to Lessing?
2. According to Lessing, what happens to women as time passes?
3. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
4. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
5. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)