|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 54 years.
(b) 34 years.
(c) 103 years.
(d) 23 years.
2. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Reformation.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(b) Red jelly and cream.
(c) Peaches and cream.
4. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) The Little Princess.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
5. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
(a) Red velvet.
(b) Green satin.
(c) Black velvet.
(d) Grey silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
2. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
3. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
5. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)