|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
(a) A cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) A mischievous child.
2. What did Lessing's father assume when she and Frank showed up at the family farm?
(a) Lessing's father assumed that she was in love.
(b) Lessing's father assumed that Lessing had finally settled down.
(c) Lessing's father assumed that she was pregnant.
(d) Lessing's father assumed that Frank was interested in the family's money.
3. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
(a) A Ciceronian tragedy.
(b) An Aristophanean comedy.
(c) An English tragedy.
(d) A one-act Shakespearean play.
4. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
(b) Biographies sell well.
(c) Biographies are based on fact.
(d) Novels require more of the author's soul.
5. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
(a) German peasant food.
(b) Traditional Rhodesian food.
(c) English peasant food.
(d) French peasant food.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
2. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
5. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)