|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By staying up late.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(d) By sneaking out of the cabin.
2. What did Lessing's father assume when she and Frank showed up at the family farm?
(a) Lessing's father assumed that she was in love.
(b) Lessing's father assumed that Frank was interested in the family's money.
(c) Lessing's father assumed that Lessing had finally settled down.
(d) Lessing's father assumed that she was pregnant.
3. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(c) Peaches and cream.
(d) Red jelly and cream.
4. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
(a) The Counter Reformation.
(b) The Inquisition.
5. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Salisbury Brewery.
(b) Castle Brewery.
(c) Brewer's Pub.
(d) Capetown Brewery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
2. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
3. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
4. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
5. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)