|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
2. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
3. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) The Little Princess.
4. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That circumstances dictate the person.
(b) That happiness is fleeting.
(c) That nothing is permanent.
(d) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
5. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
(a) Black velvet.
(b) Green satin.
(c) Grey silk.
(d) Red velvet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
3. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
4. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
5. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)