|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
(a) Both lived in Persia as children.
(b) Both had seditious thoughts about "The Native Problem".
(c) Both subscribed to the New Statesman.
(d) Both had read the Communist Manifesto.
2. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
(a) Carron Dover.
(d) Smith & Son's.
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
5. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Brewer's Pub.
(b) Castle Brewery.
(c) Capetown Brewery.
(d) Salisbury Brewery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
2. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
3. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
4. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
5. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)