|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Time Bites.
(b) In African Laughter.
(c) In Going Home.
(d) In Pursuit of the English.
2. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(a) Red jelly and cream.
(b) Peaches and cream.
3. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By staying up late.
4. According to Lessing, why do authors write so many biographies?
(a) Novels require more of the author's soul.
(b) Biographies sell well.
(c) Biographies are simpler to write than fiction.
(d) Biographies are based on fact.
5. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
(b) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(c) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(d) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
2. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
3. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
4. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
5. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)