|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Frank's sister.
(d) Mabel Griffiths.
2. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
(a) French peasant food.
(b) German peasant food.
(c) Traditional Rhodesian food.
(d) English peasant food.
3. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
(a) Lessing learned to drive because of her father's awkward leg.
(b) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted to work in town.
(c) Lessing learned to drive because she wanted independence.
(d) Lessing learned to drive to displease her mother.
4. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
5. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
(b) Roman Catholicism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
5. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)