|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
(c) Small Pox.
2. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
3. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
(a) Social equality for women.
(b) The Talkies.
(c) Modernized womens' fashions.
(d) Cigarette smoking.
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They saved money scrupulously.
(b) They drew up a legal will.
(c) They studied French.
(d) They had their teeth removed.
5. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
(a) French peasant food.
(b) English peasant food.
(c) Traditional Rhodesian food.
(d) German peasant food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
2. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
3. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
4. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)