|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By staying up late.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
2. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
3. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
(a) A Ciceronian tragedy.
(b) An English tragedy.
(c) A one-act Shakespearean play.
(d) An Aristophanean comedy.
4. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(a) Red jelly and cream.
(d) Peaches and cream.
5. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
(a) To riding a bicycle.
(b) To learning to write the alphabet.
(c) To learning to speak.
(d) To learning to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
2. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
3. Which of the following was the "chief wrong" that Lessing's mother cited in her diatribe against the Catholic Church?
4. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)