|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(c) Peaches and cream.
(d) Red jelly and cream.
2. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
(a) French peasant food.
(b) Traditional Rhodesian food.
(c) English peasant food.
(d) German peasant food.
3. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) The Jungle Book.
(d) The Little Princess.
4. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
(a) Green satin.
(b) Red velvet.
(c) Grey silk.
(d) Black velvet.
5. To which of the following does Lessing compare writers?
(a) Pegs on which to hang ideas.
(d) Ventriloquists, casting a message from afar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
3. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
4. To which of the following religions did Lessing suddenly convert?
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)