|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They studied French.
(b) They had their teeth removed.
(c) They saved money scrupulously.
(d) They drew up a legal will.
2. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
(a) The local bar.
(b) The Yacht Club.
(c) The Sports Club.
(d) The Left Book Club.
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
(b) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(c) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
(d) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
5. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
(a) The Little Princess.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lessing's mother cure Lessing's lice problem?
2. What does Lessing mention as the one thing that would have stopped her from marrying Frank?
3. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
4. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
5. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)