|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(b) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(c) By staying up late.
(d) By stealing things and lying about them.
2. What kind of food were the children fed at the convent that Lessing stayed in as a child?
(a) Traditional Rhodesian food.
(b) German peasant food.
(c) French peasant food.
(d) English peasant food.
3. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
(a) Lessing worked as an au pair for the Smith family.
(b) Lessing transcribed notes for a local newspaper.
(c) Lessing worked at the Telephone Exchange.
(d) Lessing worked part-time at several lawyers' firms.
4. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Lilfordia.
(b) In Kent.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In London.
5. Which of the following does Lessing blame for the distrust that 20th Century people have in their governments?
(a) Political corruption.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) Media coverage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
4. In Chapter 2, what is one thing that Lessing says the writer must have in order to begin to write about his/her life?
5. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)