|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
(a) The War.
(b) The Slump.
(c) The Native Problem.
(d) The Empire.
2. What did the doctor prescribe to alleviate Lessing's mother's ailment?
(a) Bed rest.
(c) Tonic and quinine.
(d) Hydration and exercise.
3. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
4. Which of the following killed one of the chickens and took off with a couple of eggs?
(a) A snake.
(b) A mischievous child.
(c) A cat.
(d) A mongoose.
5. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
(a) The National Bank of Southern Rhodesia.
(b) The British National Bank.
(c) Southern Rhodesian Farming Association.
(d) Land Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where did Lessing work?
2. What did Lessing's father assume when she and Frank showed up at the family farm?
3. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
4. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
5. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)