|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By staying up late.
(b) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(c) By stealing things and lying about them.
(d) By sneaking out of the cabin.
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. What did Biddy O'Halloran's skin resemble?
(a) Red jelly and cream.
(b) Peaches and cream.
4. Which of the following historic examples does Lessing use to support her claims about human nature?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Reformation.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) The Crusades.
5. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
(a) Black velvet.
(b) Red velvet.
(c) Grey silk.
(d) Green satin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
2. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
3. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
5. To what activity does Lessing compare learning the skills of her new job?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)