|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
(b) That happiness is fleeting.
(c) That nothing is permanent.
(d) That circumstances dictate the person.
2. Which of the following was NOT one of the things that Lessing and Frank had in common?
(a) Both had seditious thoughts about "The Native Problem".
(b) Both lived in Persia as children.
(c) Both had read the Communist Manifesto.
(d) Both subscribed to the New Statesman.
3. What was the difference between African huts and English huts?
(a) English huts had windows.
(b) African huts were two-story.
(c) African huts were made of straw.
(d) English huts were much larger.
4. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
5. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they could betray them at any time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
2. At which establishment was Frank known as "one of the boys"?
3. Which of the following illnesses did Lessing's family battle?
4. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
5. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)