|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lessing describe as another form of intoxication aside from alcohol?
(a) Her book collection.
(b) Her rebellion against her parents.
(c) Her newfound ability to earn money.
(d) Her body.
2. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
(a) £ 10,000.
(b) £ 100.
(c) £ 2,500.
(d) £ 1,000.
3. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(b) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(c) By stealing things and lying about them.
(d) By staying up late.
4. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
(a) In Southern Rhodesia.
(b) In Bloomsbury.
(c) In Persia.
(d) In the East End.
5. Which of the following areas was the homeland of Lessing's mother's doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
2. Who recommended that Lessing see a particular doctor for an abortion?
3. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
4. How did Lessing's mother pack differently for her new life in Africa than she did for Persia?
5. To which book did Lessing often compare her childhood?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)