|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Growing up, what was Lessing always told about the family's financial status?
(a) That the family was middle-class.
(b) That the family was poor.
(c) That the family would be fine when her father settled in his new job.
(d) That the family was financially stable, but morally corrupt.
2. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
(a) A Ciceronian tragedy.
(b) A one-act Shakespearean play.
(c) An Aristophanean comedy.
(d) An English tragedy.
3. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
(a) £ 2,500.
(b) £ 100.
(c) £ 10,000.
(d) £ 1,000.
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
(a) The National Bank of Southern Rhodesia.
(b) Southern Rhodesian Farming Association.
(c) The British National Bank.
(d) Land Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
2. What social development occurred during Lessing's stay at the Convent which, much to the chagrin of the nuns, parents supported?
3. Why did Lessing learn to drive?
4. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)