|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the young people in Lessing's circles get their beer?
(a) Castle Brewery.
(b) Brewer's Pub.
(c) Capetown Brewery.
(d) Salisbury Brewery.
2. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
(a) They had their teeth removed.
(b) They saved money scrupulously.
(c) They drew up a legal will.
(d) They studied French.
3. What did the Portuguese woman give to Lessing?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A red dress.
(c) A red evening bag.
(d) A red shawl.
4. How did Mrs. Mitchell and her son treat their Black servants?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell and her son screamed at and berated their Black servants.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their Black servants just like family.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell and her son treated their black servants like slaves.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell and her son completely ignored their Black servants.
5. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lessing, where do most of the good biographers live?
2. During the 1930's what did Lessing and her brother hear all of the adults discussing?
3. What stove brand did Lessing's family use?
4. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)