|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lessing, above all, what does history tell us?
(a) That mankind is not peaceful by nature.
(b) That circumstances dictate the person.
(c) That nothing is permanent.
(d) That happiness is fleeting.
2. What type of play did Lessing write while at the Convent?
(a) An Aristophanean comedy.
(b) A Ciceronian tragedy.
(c) A one-act Shakespearean play.
(d) An English tragedy.
3. Which company offered loans to the farmers in Lessing's region?
(a) Southern Rhodesian Farming Association.
(b) Land Bank.
(c) The British National Bank.
(d) The National Bank of Southern Rhodesia.
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. How much capital did Lessing's father take to Southern Rhodesia?
(a) £ 2,500.
(b) £ 10,000.
(c) £ 1,000.
(d) £ 100.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank and Lessing go on their honeymoon?
2. How did Lessing's friend make a living in New York to support herself and her daughter?
3. What made Lessing and her brother weep at the end of Chapter 5?
4. How many bouts of illness did Lessing's family experience?
5. What kind of dress was Lessing wearing in the scene that she describes?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)