|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 34 years.
(c) 54 years.
(d) 103 years.
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(b) That they should return to England.
(c) That they could betray them at any time.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
4. Why was it especially dangerous for Gottfried to carry on an affair?
(a) Because he was a high-ranking official.
(b) Because he was an enemy alien.
(c) Because he was a career criminal.
(d) Because he was a married man.
5. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Centrist Party.
(c) The Labor Party.
(d) The group of anarchists in Southern Rhodesia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
2. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
3. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
5. What skills did Lessing teach herself during that year?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)