|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The wildcats.
(b) The natives.
(c) The trees.
(d) The bush.
2. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
(a) Margaret Morgan.
(b) Frank Wisdom.
(c) Doris Lessing.
3. When did Gottfried Lessing arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) After Kristallnacht.
(b) Immediately following the outbreak of war.
(c) At the end of World War II.
(d) Before the outbreak of World War II.
4. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
5. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Johannesburg.
(b) In Lilfordia.
(c) In Kent.
(d) In London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
3. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
4. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
5. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)