|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Gottfried Lessing born?
2. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 54 years.
(c) 34 years.
(d) 103 years.
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 17th year.
(b) Her 12th year.
(c) Her 14th year.
(d) Her 16th year.
5. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
(a) Lessing's brother, Harry needed to be watched.
(b) Lessing had fought with her mother earlier that day.
(c) There was an incubator of eggs that were waiting to hatch.
(d) Lessing did not want to accompany her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
2. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
5. What skills did Lessing teach herself during that year?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)