|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
2. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
(a) Margaret Morgan.
(c) Doris Lessing.
(d) Frank Wisdom.
3. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In London.
(b) In Kent.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In Lilfordia.
4. Why was it especially dangerous for Gottfried to carry on an affair?
(a) Because he was a career criminal.
(b) Because he was an enemy alien.
(c) Because he was a high-ranking official.
(d) Because he was a married man.
5. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
2. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
5. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)