|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
(a) In Bloomsbury.
(b) In Southern Rhodesia.
(c) In Persia.
(d) In the East End.
2. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
(b) Frank Wisdom.
(c) Margaret Morgan.
(d) Doris Lessing.
3. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
(b) Old Umtali.
4. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The bush.
(b) The wildcats.
(c) The natives.
(d) The trees.
5. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
(a) The Cleft.
(c) Going Home.
(d) Martha Quest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what year did Lessing marry Gottfried Lessing?
2. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
3. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
4. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
5. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)