|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
2. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
3. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 14th year.
(b) Her 12th year.
(c) Her 16th year.
(d) Her 17th year.
4. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
5. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
3. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
4. Which book on the experience of Communism does Lessing cite in this chapter?
5. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)