|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
(b) That they should return to England.
(c) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(d) That they could betray them at any time.
2. When did Gottfried Lessing arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) After Kristallnacht.
(b) Immediately following the outbreak of war.
(c) Before the outbreak of World War II.
(d) At the end of World War II.
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
5. How does Lessing describe their sex life?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
3. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
4. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
5. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)