|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
2. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
(a) N.H. Wilson.
(b) Gottfried Lessing.
(c) Frank Wisdom.
3. In what year was Gottfried Lessing born?
4. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
(a) The wicked intentions of teenage boys.
(b) The White Slave Trade.
(c) The risk of not appearing to be marriage material.
(d) Showing too much knowledge about politics.
5. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
2. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
3. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
4. What skills did Lessing teach herself during that year?
5. Which of the following sparkled in every rock that surrounded the Lessings' home?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)