|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
(b) Old Umtali.
2. Why did Lessing begin to eat less during meals?
(a) Lessing wanted to impress a farm assistant.
(b) Lessing's mother told her to try to lose weight.
(c) Because the clothing that would arrive for her was always too small.
(d) Lessing wanted to foil her mother's attempts to feed the family well.
3. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
(a) The natives.
(b) The trees.
(c) The bush.
(d) The wildcats.
4. In what year was Gottfried Lessing born?
5. Who was the Minister of Finance?
(a) Frank Wisdom.
(b) Gunther Maynard.
(c) Arthur Koestler.
(d) Max Danziger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
2. Which book on the experience of Communism does Lessing cite in this chapter?
3. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
4. How does Lessing describe the letters that she received from her mother?
5. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)