|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
(a) Lessing did not want to accompany her parents.
(b) Lessing had fought with her mother earlier that day.
(c) There was an incubator of eggs that were waiting to hatch.
(d) Lessing's brother, Harry needed to be watched.
2. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
(a) The Centrist Party.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Labor Party.
(d) The group of anarchists in Southern Rhodesia.
3. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
(b) Old Umtali.
4. What did Lessing's parents think of the Whiteheads when they first met them?
(a) That they should return to England.
(b) That they were shifty and unsatisfactory.
(c) That they could betray them at any time.
(d) That they would be useful in developing relationships.
5. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
2. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
3. Who was the Minister of Finance?
4. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
5. Which book on the experience of Communism does Lessing cite in this chapter?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)