|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to England, where did Lessing's family settle?
(a) In Persia.
(b) In Bloomsbury.
(c) In Southern Rhodesia.
(d) In the East End.
2. Which book on the experience of Communism does Lessing cite in this chapter?
(a) Stalin's journals.
(b) Das Kapital.
(c) Darkness at Noon.
(d) The Communist Manifesto.
3. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
4. In Chapter 14, what year did Lessing marry Gottfried Lessing?
5. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By staying up late.
(b) By stealing things and lying about them.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
2. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
3. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
4. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
5. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)