|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
(a) In Time Bites.
(b) In Going Home.
(c) In African Laughter.
(d) In Pursuit of the English.
2. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
3. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
4. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
5. Who vouched for Gottfried Lessing to get him out of jail?
(a) Margaret Morgan.
(b) Doris Lessing.
(d) Frank Wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
3. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
4. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
5. Who was the Minister of Finance?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)