|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
2. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
3. What was the name of Lessing's nanny?
4. Why did Lessing remain on the farm when her father was taken to the hospital in Salisbury?
(a) Lessing did not want to accompany her parents.
(b) Lessing's brother, Harry needed to be watched.
(c) There was an incubator of eggs that were waiting to hatch.
(d) Lessing had fought with her mother earlier that day.
5. In Chapter 4, what city did Lessing's mother insist on traveling through on the way back to England?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
2. Where did Lessing first experience a social event in which she and black people were treated equally?
3. What did Lessing's landlady think about her stream of visitors?
4. Which of the following was NOT a language commonly spoken in the Lessing home?
5. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)