|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
(a) The risk of not appearing to be marriage material.
(b) Showing too much knowledge about politics.
(c) The wicked intentions of teenage boys.
(d) The White Slave Trade.
2. What skills did Lessing teach herself during that year?
(a) Sewing and darning.
(b) Cooking and cleaning.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) Speed typing and shorthand.
3. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
4. Who was the Minister of Finance?
(a) Gunther Maynard.
(b) Frank Wisdom.
(c) Arthur Koestler.
(d) Max Danziger.
5. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
(a) Her 17th year.
(b) Her 16th year.
(c) Her 12th year.
(d) Her 14th year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
2. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
3. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
4. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
5. Which book on the experience of Communism does Lessing cite in this chapter?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)