|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
(a) Frank Wisdom.
(b) Gottfried Lessing.
(d) N.H. Wilson.
2. How many trek oxen hauled the wagon carrying Lessing's family?
3. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(b) By staying up late.
(c) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(d) By stealing things and lying about them.
4. Where did Lessing's family live before they found property?
(a) In Kent.
(b) In Lilfordia.
(c) In London.
(d) In Johannesburg.
5. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 34 years.
(b) 103 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 54 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, which year does Lessing describe as a "make or break" year in her life?
2. How does Lessing describe their sex life?
3. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
4. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
5. What were young women specifically cautioned against in London during that period?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)