|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Minister of Finance?
(a) Gunther Maynard.
(b) Max Danziger.
(c) Frank Wisdom.
(d) Arthur Koestler.
2. To which party did Ken Graham belong?
(a) The Centrist Party.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The group of anarchists in Southern Rhodesia.
(d) The Labor Party.
3. To which of the following areas did Lessing travel?
4. Which book on the experience of Communism does Lessing cite in this chapter?
(a) Darkness at Noon.
(b) The Communist Manifesto.
(c) Das Kapital.
(d) Stalin's journals.
5. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 103 years.
(c) 54 years.
(d) 34 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which book did Lessing write about Mr. Whitehead?
2. What remained unaffected by the Lessings' existence for 20 years?
3. What was the primary battle between Lessing and her mother centered upon?
4. Which of Lessing's books began at that time in her life?
5. What do Lessing's parents do in preparation for their next voyage?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)