|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lessing rebel while aboard the ship?
(a) By sneaking out of the cabin.
(b) By speaking disrespectfully to the nanny.
(c) By stealing things and lying about them.
(d) By staying up late.
2. How many eggs did Lessing attend to on the farm?
3. Why was it especially dangerous for Gottfried to carry on an affair?
(a) Because he was an enemy alien.
(b) Because he was a high-ranking official.
(c) Because he was a career criminal.
(d) Because he was a married man.
4. How long before this book was written did Europeans arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
(a) 103 years.
(b) 23 years.
(c) 54 years.
(d) 34 years.
5. In Chapter 14, what year did Lessing marry Gottfried Lessing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the editor of The New Rhodesia?
2. How does Lessing describe their sex life?
3. In Chapter 10, which of the following countries was Lessing thinking about as she stood at the edge of the tobacco field?
4. Why did Lessing begin to eat less during meals?
5. When did Gottfried Lessing arrive in Southern Rhodesia?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)