|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newspaper claim about the state of affairs for the poilu?
(a) They have everything they need.
(b) They are in high spirits.
(c) They are well rested and ready to fight.
(d) They are living in poor conditions.
2. While on leave, the men see a poster in a store's window display which depicts which of the following?
(a) A German terrorizing a French woman.
(b) Germans running in terror from the French.
(c) A German surrendering to French soldiers.
(d) French soldiers storming a German fortress.
3. In Chapter 11, a general schedules a curfew for what period of time everyday?
(a) From noon to sunset.
(b) While he is sleeping.
(c) While he is at church.
(d) While he is in town.
4. While they are on leave, what does Volpatte remind the rest of the squad of?
(a) They are heroes in the people's eyes.
(b) They may all be dead in eight days.
(c) They will all become civilians again later.
(d) They are fighting to protect the life people enjoy in the city.
5. Who is eager to prove themselves as a new cook?
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Territorials" are noted for what unusual quality?
2. Who bargains with the civilian woman for space to sleep and eat?
3. What is unusual about the road that the narrator and Poterloo take to get to Souchez?
4. Cocon is described as being which of the following?
5. When Chapter 12 begins, how long has the squad been digging trenches?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)