|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Volpatte say about the state of France?
(a) It has not changed since the revolution, and will never change.
(b) There are two Frances, and there are too many on the happy side.
(c) It can never be defeated.
(d) It is bound to fall apart.
2. According to Cocon, how many corps are present in the area of the railway depot?
(a) 104 corps.
(b) 12 corps.
(c) 4 corps.
(d) 39 corps.
3. How is Farfadet "saved"?
(a) He is sent to become a typist.
(b) Eudoxie kisses him.
(c) The mortar that lands near him is a dud.
(d) He is baptized in the church.
4. Near the last stretch of his journey to bring the wounded Joseph to safety, the narrator encounters a wounded man that he compares to which of the following?
(a) A writhing mess.
(b) A screaming tree.
(c) A pool of misery.
(d) A poorly butchered animal.
5. What does Cocon calculate about the squad?
(a) How likely they are to survive.
(b) How much weight they carry in total.
(c) How many miles they marched.
(d) How many supplies they consumed since formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how do the men feel about the things they carry with them?
2. Why were the executed veteran's accomplices sentenced to life in prison and not executed?
3. What happens to some of the rats that eat the corpses on the battlefield?
4. When the squad's march comes to a halt, there is always a competition for which of the following?
5. Why can Eudore's five friends not make it to their real destination?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)