|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, the squad learns that they are headed where?
(a) To Verdun.
(b) To the front lines.
(c) To Paris for leave.
(d) To the south.
2. Who is eager to prove themselves as a new cook?
3. Why does Labri refuse to eat?
(a) He is well fed.
(b) He doesn't like Fouillade.
(c) He doesn't like the men's food.
(d) He is sick.
4. What does Volpatte say about the four great rivers of France?
(a) They will all run red with blood.
(b) Only they could cleanse the depots.
(c) They would be choked by the wounded men who are dying.
(d) They cannot wash the battlefields clean.
5. When the men are on leave, it is evident that Blaire changed in what way?
(a) He no longer cares for civilian life.
(b) He has become and elegant, well-groomed man.
(c) He can't bear to go back to the front.
(d) He now longs to find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
2. According to the media, what is the state of the war?
3. The narrator compares Lamuse to what mythological figure?
4. How is Joseph Mesnil injured?
5. At the end of Chapter 14, what does the narrator dream of?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)