|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Joseph wait before receiving aid at the refuge?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Six hours.
(d) One day.
2. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
(d) A stray cat.
3. According to Cocon, how many villages has the squad quartered in?
(c) 47 villages.
4. Where is the squad dispatched at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) To the reserves area.
(b) To Egypt.
(c) To the front.
(d) To the Ardennes.
5. During the offensive, when does the squad come under fire?
(a) When they cross the barbed-wire.
(b) The instant they leave their trench.
(c) When they enter the international trench.
(d) As soon as they descend the slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author call the useless things that the men carry with them?
2. Who bargains with the civilian woman for space to sleep and eat?
3. What does Eudoxie do when Lamuse announces his feelings to her?
4. The German in the refuge served as which of the following?
5. How does Lamuse react to seeing Eudoxie's body?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)