Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
2. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
3. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
4. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
5. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of the Nazi concentration camps in "Under A Cruel Star." What are some anecdotes that Kovály shares with the reader? What is Kovály's personal experience in the concentration camps like? How does she overcome this trying period in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Under A Cruel Star." What elements can be found within its pages to suggest it is an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles that Kovály faces. How does she overcome these obstacles? Are the struggles similar to others in Czechoslovakia? If not, why is she experiencing them?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)