|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
2. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
3. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
4. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
5. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
Essay Topic 1
What is the historical relevance of this story? Why is Kovály's story important to read about? What elements of this story are relevant and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Holocaust. How is it portrayed in "Under A Cruel Star"? What is the Holocaust and why does it occur? What is Hitler's role in this horrific chapter in human history?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kovály's first husband, Rudolf Margolius. How do they meet? What are Margolius' defining character traits? What is his job? What are his political beliefs? Why is he arrested? Why is Kovály's marriage to Margolius strained? Of What is Margolius accused? How does he die?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)