|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens politically in the spring of 1968?
(a) The Communist Party implement many new strict laws.
(b) Czechoslovakia becomes a democracy.
(c) The people reject the Communist system.
(d) The leader of the Communist Party step down.
2. What happens economically in Czechoslovakia as Communism takes hold?
(a) The economy grows by fifty percent.
(b) The economy slows to a crawl.
(c) Economic activity returns to its pre-war levels.
(d) The economy booms.
3. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
(d) A kidney stone.
4. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
(a) The arrest means Margolius' gets a promotion at work.
(b) The arrest makes Margolius regret his friendship with Slánský.
(c) The arrest makes Margolius paranoid.
(d) The arrest makes Margolius question the Communist government for the first time.
5. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
(a) At their apartment.
(b) At a courthouse.
(c) At the Communist Party headquarters.
(d) At a prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Kovály to obtain the document she needs in order to arrange her life?
2. What happens when family associates and friends hear about Margolius' arrest?
3. What book does Margolius tell Kovály he has read and enjoyed.
4. What profession does Kovály assume after marrying Pavel?
5. Who else becomes seriously ill while Kovály recovers from her illness?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)