|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
(a) The party refuses to let her.
(b) There is a housing shortage in Prague.
(c) She is under house arrest.
(d) She cannot afford the moving fees.
2. Who comes to power in 1956?
(a) Alexey Kosygin.
(b) Nikolai Bulganin.
(c) Nikita Khruschchev.
(d) Iosef Stalin.
3. After guards stop Kovály at the border, what does Kovály NOT do to help in Prague?
(a) Put up posters.
(b) Lead a demonstration.
(c) Participate in non-violent resistance.
(d) Distribute leaflets.
4. As Communism takes hold in Czechoslovakia, what does Kovály note about the confessions issued by arrested individuals?
(a) They are full of Party verbiage.
(b) They are heart-wrenching
(c) They are sarcastic.
(d) They are read in Russian.
5. Who is Rudolf Slánský?
(a) A resistance leader.
(b) Margolius' underling.
(c) A Russian diplomat.
(d) A Communist politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ivan living at the time of the 1960s occupation of Czechoslovakia?
2. What does the Party tell Kovály they refused to do in regards to Margolius?
3. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
4. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
5. After the power change in 1956, what do soviet satellite nations begin to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)