|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
(b) Jewish cultural items.
(c) Documents and cash.
(d) Items made of silver.
2. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
(a) Other people.
(b) Party politics.
(c) Czech independence.
(d) Making money.
3. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
(a) That he is holding back tears.
(b) That he sounds ill.
(c) That it is not her husband speaking.
(d) That it is a memorized speech.
4. After guards stop Kovály at the border, what does Kovály NOT do to help in Prague?
(a) Participate in non-violent resistance.
(b) Put up posters.
(c) Lead a demonstration.
(d) Distribute leaflets.
5. What work-at-home job does Kovály find after Margolius' death?
(a) Stuffing envelopes.
(b) Assembling slippers.
(c) Painting figurines.
(d) Weaving scarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Kovály summoned to appear before a party committee?
2. Where does Kovály find a job in order to support herself and Ivan?
3. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
4. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
5. How does Marenka secure hospitalization for Kovály?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)