|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Kovály summoned to appear before a party committee?
2. Why do guards stop Kovály at the border when she tries to leave Czechoslovakia?
(a) She does not have the right paperwork.
(b) Her photograph does not resemble her aged face.
(c) No one is allowed to cross the borders.
(d) She is a wanted fugitive.
3. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
4. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
(a) At their apartment.
(b) At the Communist Party headquarters.
(c) At a prison.
(d) At a courthouse.
5. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
(a) The arrest makes Margolius paranoid.
(b) The arrest makes Margolius regret his friendship with Slánský.
(c) The arrest means Margolius' gets a promotion at work.
(d) The arrest makes Margolius question the Communist government for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pavel Kovály and Kovály marry?
2. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
3. in 1968, who amasses military forces along the Czech borders?
4. How long does it take Kovály to obtain the document she needs in order to arrange her life?
5. After the change of power in 1956, what does The Party admit in regards to the confessions of political prisoners?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)