Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
(a) Tomáš Masaryk.
(b) Josef Frank.
(c) Rudolf Slánský.
(d) Klement Gottwald.
2. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
(a) To seize documents.
(b) To catalogue her possessions.
(c) To confiscate her money.
(d) To arrest Kovály.
3. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
(a) That it is not her husband speaking.
(b) That he is holding back tears.
(c) That he sounds ill.
(d) That it is a memorized speech.
4. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
(a) Items made of silver.
(c) Documents and cash.
(d) Jewish cultural items.
5. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
(a) A mattress.
(b) An icebox.
(c) A stove.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
2. Why does Kovály's savings disappear in the spring of 1953?
3. After recovering from her illness and mourning, what document does Kovály realize she needs in order to arrange her life?
4. What happens when Pavel Kovály and Kovály marry?
5. In what year is Kovály summoned to appear before a party committee?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)