|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
(a) Pavel Eisler.
(d) Mrs. Machova.
2. Who is Merenka?
(a) A Communist Party spy.
(b) Ivan's teacher.
(c) The Margolius' live-in assistant.
(d) The Margolius' next-door neighbor.
3. What is listed Margolius' official cause of death?
(a) Suffocation by hanging.
(b) Natural causes.
(c) Heart failure.
(d) An infection.
4. Who is Dr. Bartos?
(a) A psychologist
(b) A pediatrician.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) An attorney.
5. After Margolius' verdict is announced, who arranges for Ivan to stay in the country a bit longer?
(a) Pavel Eisner.
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(d) Pavel Kovály.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the party committee tell Kovály about her husband?
2. During the summer of 1953, Kovály volunteers to help with what?
3. What happens at the mass meeting Kovály attends in 1967?
4. Who occupies Czechoslovakia after what is effectively a kidnapping of the new leadership?
5. By the time Margolius is arrested, about how many other citizens had been arrested?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)