|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
(a) Tomáš Masaryk.
(b) Rudolf Slánský.
(c) Josef Frank.
(d) Klement Gottwald.
2. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
(a) Equal rights for women.
(b) Spending money on rebuilding Prague.
(c) Democratic ideals.
(d) The Communist Party.
3. After recovering from her illness and mourning, what document does Kovály realize she needs in order to arrange her life?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) Her birth certificate.
(c) A death certificate.
(d) Her husband's will.
4. During the summer of 1953, Kovály volunteers to help with what?
(a) A Communist rally.
(b) The harvest.
(c) A public building project.
(d) A friend's anniversary party.
5. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(b) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
(c) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(d) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rudolf Slánský?
2. How does Kovály react to the news that the Party committee gives her?
3. Where is Pavel Kovály on the morning of the occupation of Czechoslovakia?
4. What does Kovály find has happened to Margolius' ashes?
5. Who is favored by Communist propaganda?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)