|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kovály learn that the new government has acceded to the demands being put on it?
(a) At work.
(b) Through a friend.
(c) While walking through a crowd.
(d) Over the radio.
2. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
(a) Democratic ideals.
(b) Spending money on rebuilding Prague.
(c) Equal rights for women.
(d) The Communist Party.
3. What work-at-home job does Kovály find after Margolius' death?
(a) Weaving scarves.
(b) Assembling slippers.
(c) Painting figurines.
(d) Stuffing envelopes.
4. In the spring of 1968, what becomes politically common?
(a) Personnel changes.
(c) Mass demonstrations.
5. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
(a) To live with his mother.
(b) To America.
(c) To the attic of a friend's house.
(d) To a small apartment in another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pavel Kovály and Kovály marry?
2. What book does Margolius tell Kovály he has read and enjoyed.
3. What does Ivan promise his mother when he finally returns from the country?
4. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
5. How is Kovály able to communicate with Margolius after his arrest?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)