|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
(b) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(c) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(d) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
2. How does Marenka secure hospitalization for Kovály?
(a) Marenka's sister works at the hospital.
(b) Marenka pays for the treatment.
(c) Marenka bribes a doctor.
(d) Marenka causes a public scene.
3. Who is Dr. Bartos?
(a) A psychologist
(b) A pediatrician.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) An attorney.
4. Who dies just six months after Margolius' death?
(a) Ivan Kovály.
(c) Pavel Eisler.
(d) Rudolf Slánský.
5. How do Kovály's neighbors treat her after Margolius' arrest?
(a) With concern.
(b) With indifference.
(c) With hostility.
(d) With pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the 'S' stamped on Margolius' case file?
2. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
3. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
4. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
5. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)