|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Kovály to obtain the document she needs in order to arrange her life?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. Who comes to power in 1956?
(a) Alexey Kosygin.
(b) Iosef Stalin.
(c) Nikolai Bulganin.
(d) Nikita Khruschchev.
3. How does Kovály leave Prague after the news of the new governments accession?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By boat.
(d) By train.
4. How does Kovály describe the atmosphere in Prague by the middle of 1951?
(a) As having an air of freedom.
(b) As hostile as it had been during the Nazi occupation.
(c) As unnerving.
(d) As peaceful and calm.
5. What happens when family associates and friends hear about Margolius' arrest?
(a) They arrange a lawyer for Margolius.
(b) They sever all relations to Kovály.
(c) They send food and money to Kovály.
(d) They stage a protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the summer of 1953, Kovály volunteers to help with what?
2. What would one have to do in order to buy anything?
3. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
4. What does Kovály find has happened to Margolius' ashes?
5. Who occupies Czechoslovakia after what is effectively a kidnapping of the new leadership?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)