|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Margolius' verdict is announced, who arranges for Ivan to stay in the country a bit longer?
(b) Pavel Eisner.
(c) Pavel Kovály.
(d) Mrs. Machova.
2. What work-at-home job does Kovály find after Margolius' death?
(a) Stuffing envelopes.
(b) Painting figurines.
(c) Weaving scarves.
(d) Assembling slippers.
3. What happens politically in the spring of 1968?
(a) Czechoslovakia becomes a democracy.
(b) The Communist Party implement many new strict laws.
(c) The people reject the Communist system.
(d) The leader of the Communist Party step down.
4. What does the Party tell Kovály they refused to do in regards to Margolius?
(a) Publicly acknowledge his innocence.
(b) Publicly acknowledge his existence.
(c) Publicly acknowledge his experience as a prisoner.
(d) Publicly acknowledge his guilt.
5. Who else becomes seriously ill while Kovály recovers from her illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
2. Whose permission does Kovály require in order to obtain the document she needs to arrange her life?
3. What would one have to do in order to buy anything?
4. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
5. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)