|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the mass meeting Kovály attends in 1967?
(a) The leader of the Communist Party stops by.
(b) Party officials take questions from the attendees.
(c) A riot takes place.
(d) A vote occurs which decides the fate of protestors.
2. Who is favored by Communist propaganda?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) Middle-class professionals.
(c) The working poor.
(d) Ethnic minorities.
3. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
(b) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(c) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(d) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
4. Who is Dr. Bartos?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) An attorney.
(c) A pediatrician.
(d) A psychologist
5. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
(a) They have virtually no connection.
(b) They play golf together.
(c) They share an office.
(d) They know each other as teenagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
2. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
3. Where is Ivan living at the time of the 1960s occupation of Czechoslovakia?
4. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
5. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)