|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does Margolius receive for his supposed crimes?
(a) The death penalty.
(b) Ten years hard labor.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) A monetary fine.
2. In the spring of 1968, what becomes politically common?
(a) Mass demonstrations.
(d) Personnel changes.
3. After Margolius' verdict is announced, who arranges for Ivan to stay in the country a bit longer?
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(c) Pavel Kovály.
(d) Pavel Eisner.
4. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
(a) Items made of silver.
(b) Jewish cultural items.
(c) Documents and cash.
5. Who is Dr. Bartos?
(a) A pediatrician.
(b) A psychologist
(c) An attorney.
(d) A surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
2. Who comes to power in 1956?
3. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
4. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
5. What does the party committee tell Kovály about her husband?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)