|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
(a) A kidney stone.
2. What does Kovály find has happened to Margolius' ashes?
(a) They are buried in a mass grave.
(b) They are dumped into a lake.
(c) His ashes are spread on an icy roadway.
(d) They are mixed into asphalt to pave a road.
3. Where is Pavel Kovály on the morning of the occupation of Czechoslovakia?
(a) In the countryside.
(b) In the United States.
(c) On his way to England.
(d) In Romania.
4. What kind of feeling is said to have pervaded Prague in 1968?
(c) A feeling of freedom.
5. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
(a) When they find out her husband has been arrested.
(b) When it becomes clear she has no money.
(c) When the hospital becomes over-crowded with patients.
(d) After Kovály loses her temper with a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. After guards stop Kovály at the border, what does Kovály NOT do to help in Prague?
2. After her illness, what does Kovály do to prepare to reenter the outside world?
3. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
4. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
5. What is the meaning of the 'S' stamped on Margolius' case file?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)