|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
(a) To a small apartment in another city.
(b) To live with his mother.
(c) To the attic of a friend's house.
(d) To America.
2. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
(a) They share an office.
(b) They have virtually no connection.
(c) They know each other as teenagers.
(d) They play golf together.
3. Why do guards stop Kovály at the border when she tries to leave Czechoslovakia?
(a) She does not have the right paperwork.
(b) No one is allowed to cross the borders.
(c) Her photograph does not resemble her aged face.
(d) She is a wanted fugitive.
4. Where is Ivan living at the time of the 1960s occupation of Czechoslovakia?
(a) Great Britain.
5. What happens economically in Czechoslovakia as Communism takes hold?
(a) The economy grows by fifty percent.
(b) Economic activity returns to its pre-war levels.
(c) The economy booms.
(d) The economy slows to a crawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kovály describe the atmosphere in Prague by the middle of 1951?
2. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
3. Who else becomes seriously ill while Kovály recovers from her illness?
4. What is one reason Ivan is sent to stay in the country occasionally?
5. How does Kovály leave Prague after the news of the new governments accession?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)