|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the party committee tell Kovály about her husband?
(a) He is guilty.
(b) He is lost.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He is rehabilitated.
2. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
(c) A kidney stone.
3. What kind of feeling is said to have pervaded Prague in 1968?
(c) A feeling of freedom.
4. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
(a) Equal rights for women.
(b) Spending money on rebuilding Prague.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) Democratic ideals.
5. As Communism takes hold in Czechoslovakia, what does Kovály note about the confessions issued by arrested individuals?
(a) They are read in Russian.
(b) They are sarcastic.
(c) They are full of Party verbiage.
(d) They are heart-wrenching
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pavel Kovály on the morning of the occupation of Czechoslovakia?
2. How do Kovály's neighbors treat her after Margolius' arrest?
3. in 1968, who amasses military forces along the Czech borders?
4. Who is Merenka?
5. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)