|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pavel Kovály on the morning of the occupation of Czechoslovakia?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In the countryside.
(c) On his way to England.
(d) In Romania.
2. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
(a) For interfering with the investigation of Margolius' crimes.
(b) For conspiring with him.
(c) For being unemployed.
(d) For plotting Margolius' escape.
3. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
(a) To seize documents.
(b) To catalogue her possessions.
(c) To confiscate her money.
(d) To arrest Kovály.
4. How does Kovály learn that the new government has acceded to the demands being put on it?
(a) At work.
(b) Through a friend.
(c) Over the radio.
(d) While walking through a crowd.
5. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
(a) They share an office.
(b) They know each other as teenagers.
(c) They play golf together.
(d) They have virtually no connection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
2. What happens at the mass meeting Kovály attends in 1967?
3. What word does Kovály use to describe Pavel Kovály?
4. Who is favored by Communist propaganda?
5. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)