|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to power in 1956?
(a) Nikita Khruschchev.
(b) Nikolai Bulganin.
(c) Alexey Kosygin.
(d) Iosef Stalin.
2. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
(a) She cannot afford the moving fees.
(b) The party refuses to let her.
(c) There is a housing shortage in Prague.
(d) She is under house arrest.
3. What would one have to do in order to buy anything?
(a) Order via catalogue.
(b) File a request with local authorities.
(c) Wait in long lines.
(d) Go to a central city market.
4. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
(a) Financial ruin.
(b) Termination of employment.
(c) Official hazing.
(d) Jail time.
5. What is listed Margolius' official cause of death?
(a) Suffocation by hanging.
(b) Natural causes.
(c) Heart failure.
(d) An infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
2. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
3. In what year is Kovály summoned to appear before a party committee?
4. Who dies just six months after Margolius' death?
5. What happens at the mass meeting Kovály attends in 1967?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)