|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kovály's savings disappear in the spring of 1953?
(a) The Communists empty her bank account.
(b) Because of a currency devaluation.
(c) She is robbed.
(d) She loans the money to friends.
2. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) Democratic ideals.
(c) Equal rights for women.
(d) Spending money on rebuilding Prague.
3. How does Kovály react to the news that the Party committee gives her?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She reacts with fury.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is relieved.
4. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
(a) To a small apartment in another city.
(b) To America.
(c) To the attic of a friend's house.
(d) To live with his mother.
5. As the Iron Curtain falls on Czechoslovakia, what happens to the media?
(a) The media disappears.
(b) The media focuses on feel-good stories.
(c) The media becomes controlled by the State.
(d) The media only reports Russian news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the 'S' stamped on Margolius' case file?
2. Who is Dr. Bartos?
3. What does the Party tell Kovály they refused to do in regards to Margolius?
4. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
5. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)