|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
(a) She is under house arrest.
(b) She cannot afford the moving fees.
(c) There is a housing shortage in Prague.
(d) The party refuses to let her.
2. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
(c) Mrs. Machova.
(d) Pavel Eisler.
3. Who else becomes seriously ill while Kovály recovers from her illness?
4. When Margolias' trial begins, how long has it been since his arrest?
(a) Three months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Fifteen months.
5. Who is Merenka?
(a) The Margolius' live-in assistant.
(b) A Communist Party spy.
(c) The Margolius' next-door neighbor.
(d) Ivan's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Kovály to obtain the document she needs in order to arrange her life?
2. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
3. How is Kovály able to communicate with Margolius after his arrest?
4. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
5. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)