|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
(a) Enjoy the springtime.
(b) Visit the library.
(c) Plant flowers.
(d) Visit with friends.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
3. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
(a) A farming job.
(b) A banking job.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) A factory job.
4. How does Margolius feel about his work for the Communist Party?
(a) He does his work without conviction.
(b) He feels he is working against Czechoslovakia's best interests.
(c) He is devoted to it.
(d) He is indifferent to his role.
5. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
(a) Having a family.
(b) Fighting for democracy.
(c) Rebuilding Prague.
(d) Emigrating to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
2. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
3. What happens to many of the people who return to Prague from the concentration camps?
4. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
5. For how many months is Kovály hidden by the resistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kovály get back to Prague?
2. What is Kovály's last meeting with Margolius like?
3. What happens to Kovály's family at Auschwitz?
4. After her husband is arrested, what do state policemen come to her apartment to do?
5. What does Kovály say many industrialists are unaware of during the war?
6. Describe the mass meeting Kovály attended in 1967.
7. How does Kovály describe Margolius' work ethic?
8. What event does Margolius and Kovály attend in 1950, and who greeted them there?
9. What happens to the people who return to Prague from concentration camps after the war?
10. After Margolius' arrest, what contributed to Kovály's bad health?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)