|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) Rudolf Margolius.
(b) Her aunt.
(d) The local Rabbi.
2. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
3. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
(a) Employment opportunities.
4. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) To the Soviet Union.
(b) To America.
(c) A better part of Prague.
(d) To Ostrava.
5. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
(a) Plant flowers.
(b) Enjoy the springtime.
(c) Visit with friends.
(d) Visit the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
2. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
3. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
4. To help haul ammunition, Kovály disguises herself as what?
5. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kovály find work in 1946?
2. Describe Kovály's difficulties in obtaining a death certificate for Margolius.
3. What does an old friend in the country encourage Margolius to do?
4. What is the Czechoslovakian economy like around 1950-51?
5. Who is arrested in November 1951 and how does it affect Margolius?
6. What does Kovály realize by attending Communist Party meetings?
7. What happens as Kovály and her friends make their escape from the barn where the camp inmates are staying?
8. What does Kovály remember about a Nazi guard named Franz?
9. What does Kovály discover happened with Margolius' remains?
10. How does Kovály keep up to date with Margolius' trial when she is in the hospital?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)