Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A farmer's field.
(b) A barn.
(c) A country inn.
(d) A train station.
3. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
(a) Hiding in a train station.
(b) At a synagogue.
(c) Sitting in a cafe.
(d) At a church.
4. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Cleaning duties.
(b) Physical labor.
(c) Drafting of maps.
(d) Food preparation.
5. What is the apartment like that Kovály is assigned?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
2. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
3. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
4. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
5. What name does Kovály give her first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mass meeting Kovály attended in 1967.
2. What happens to Kovály's family at Auschwitz?
3. Who is arrested in November 1951 and how does it affect Margolius?
4. What is contained in the note that Ruda sends Kovály after she settles in his apartment?
5. What happens economically in Prague shortly after the war's end?
6. At the beginning of the book, what does Kovály say shapes her life?
7. What does Kovály realize by attending Communist Party meetings?
8. Why is Communism appealing to the Czech people after the war?
9. What does Kovály say many industrialists are unaware of during the war?
10. Why do Kovály and her friends decide to try to escape the camp guards?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)