|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
(a) The Lodz Ghetto.
(b) The Lublin Ghetto.
(c) The Lvóv Ghetto.
(d) The Vilna Ghetto.
2. What is the reality of the Russian government?
(a) It rules prosperously.
(b) It has no real power.
(c) It rules fairly.
(d) It rules with terror.
3. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(b) The housing authority.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The local resistance.
4. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
5. How do Kovály's friends begin to treat her after Margolius accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) With indifference.
(b) With affection.
(c) With hostility.
(d) With great deference.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
2. Which army reaches Prague in May 1945?
3. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
4. In which city does Kovály grow up?
5. What group does Margolius join after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Kovály's family when the Soviet occupation occurred?
2. Following her meeting with the Party committee in 1963, what does Kovály make efforts to have done?
3. What minor miracle does Bartos achieve for Kovály which enabled her to visit a hospital?
4. What happens economically in the spring of 1953?
5. How are Kovály and Margolius able to communicate after his arrest?
6. How does Kovály describe the feeling in Prague by the middle of 1951?
7. What happens to Kovály's family at Auschwitz?
8. What is life like for Kovály as a slave laborer at Auschwitz?
9. Why is Kovály hesitant to get involved with the Communist Party?
10. By the time Margolius is arrested, how many citizens in total had been taken into custody, and what often happened to the families of arrested individuals?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)