|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) A democratic one.
(b) An absolute monarchy.
(c) A Communist one.
(d) A Feudalist one.
2. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Argue about politics.
3. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
(d) Roman Catholics.
4. Which of the following does not describe the political gatherings Kovály attended with her husband?
5. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her God parents.
(d) A group of girls around her age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reality of the Russian government?
2. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
3. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
5. Who is Eva?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said to have been the main topic of discussion for out of work Czechs after the war?
2. What is contained in the note that Ruda sends Kovály after she settles in his apartment?
3. What response does Kovály get when she asks her friends in Prague for help?
4. What happens economically in Prague shortly after the war's end?
5. At the beginning of the book, what does Kovály say shapes her life?
6. What happens to the people who return to Prague from concentration camps after the war?
7. How does Kovály describe the feeling in Prague by the middle of 1951?
8. Why do Kovály and her friends decide to try to escape the camp guards?
9. What is Kovály's last meeting with Margolius like?
10. What does Kovály say many industrialists are unaware of during the war?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)