Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. Where are the camp inmates staying when KovÃ¡ly and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A farmer's field.
(b) A barn.
(c) A country inn.
(d) A train station.
3. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does KovÃ¡ly find herself doubting her faith in God?
(a) Hiding in a train station.
(b) At a synagogue.
(c) Sitting in a cafe.
(d) At a church.
4. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, KovÃ¡ly is assigned what work?
(a) Cleaning duties.
(b) Physical labor.
(c) Drafting of maps.
(d) Food preparation.
5. What is the apartment like that KovÃ¡ly is assigned?
6. In which country is the ghetto that KovÃ¡ly and her family are taken located?
7. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
8. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
(a) They build road blocks.
(b) They embrace the return.
(c) They are incapable of dealing with the confusion.
(d) They search public records to identify returnees eligible for free housing.
9. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
(a) Deputy Minister of State Security.
(b) General Secretary.
(c) Deputy Minister of Foreign Trade.
(d) Finance Minister.
10. What name does KovÃ¡ly give her first child?
11. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are transported in cars.
(c) They are chased by dogs.
(d) They are left to freeze to death.
12. Who greets KovÃ¡ly at Ruda's home?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(d) Ruda himself.
13. Who moves into KovÃ¡ly's apartment with her?
(a) A young Jewish woman.
14. In addition to Jews, what other group in KovÃ¡ly's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
(a) Roman Catholics.
15. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are marched westward.
(b) They are relocated via train.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are released.
Short Answer Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of KovÃ¡ly's acquaintances is shot?
2. What group does Margolius join after the war?
3. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from KovÃ¡ly?
4. In what year does KovÃ¡ly's have a baby?
5. What does KovÃ¡ly find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)