|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the 'S' stamped on Margolius' case file?
(a) It indicates that the Soviet Union requested his arrest.
(b) His arrest is associated with Slánský's arrest.
(c) It indicates that he is Jewish.
(d) That his arrest relates to state security.
2. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
(a) Nine months.
(b) About one month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three months.
3. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are fined.
(b) They are ostracized.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are imprisoned.
4. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) Long roll calls.
(b) An execution.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Exercise sessions.
5. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
(a) Roman Catholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
2. Where is Pavel Kovály on the morning of the occupation of Czechoslovakia?
3. How does Margolius feel about his work for the Communist Party?
4. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
5. Who is Mrs. Machova?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)