|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
(a) They are middle-level politicians.
(b) They are former resistance members.
(c) They are Jewish.
(d) They are unmarried men.
2. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
(a) Having a family.
(b) Fighting for democracy.
(c) Rebuilding Prague.
(d) Emigrating to America.
3. When Margolias' trial begins, how long has it been since his arrest?
(a) Fifteen months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Seven months.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
5. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are ostracized.
(d) They are fined.
Short Answer Questions
1. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
2. As the Iron Curtain falls on Czechoslovakia, what happens to the media?
3. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
4. Who is Eva?
5. Who is favored by Communist propaganda?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)