|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which army reaches Prague in May 1945?
(a) The Canadian army.
(b) The Russian army.
(c) The American army.
(d) The Romanian army.
2. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(d) Rudolf Margolius.
3. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
(a) The Písek Gate.
(b) The Old New Synagogue.
(c) St. Wenceslas Square.
(d) The Lesser Quarter.
4. How do Kovály's friends begin to treat her after Margolius accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) With affection.
(b) With great deference.
(c) With hostility.
(d) With indifference.
5. Who is favored by Communist propaganda?
(a) Middle-class professionals.
(b) The working poor.
(c) Ethnic minorities.
(d) The wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
2. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
3. Who comes to power in 1956?
4. What is the reality of the Russian government?
5. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)