|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do guards stop Kovály at the border when she tries to leave Czechoslovakia?
(a) No one is allowed to cross the borders.
(b) Her photograph does not resemble her aged face.
(c) She does not have the right paperwork.
(d) She is a wanted fugitive.
2. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(c) The housing authority.
(d) The local resistance.
3. Who dies just six months after Margolius' death?
(a) Rudolf Slánský.
(c) Ivan Kovály.
(d) Pavel Eisler.
4. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
(a) Children playing.
(b) Flowers in bloom.
(c) Nazi propaganda posters being torn down.
(d) A dead SS Soldier.
5. What does Margolius beg Kovály to do during their last meeting?
(a) Leave Czechoslovakia.
(b) Help his escape.
(d) Forget she ever knew him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
2. How does Kovály react to the news that the Party committee gives her?
3. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
4. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
5. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)