|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jan Masaryk?
(a) Regional Party Secretary.
(b) The Foreign Minister.
(c) Margolius' assistant.
(d) Deputy Minister of National Defense.
2. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Twenty hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Sixteen hours.
(d) Eleven hours.
3. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(b) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(c) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
(d) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
4. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
(a) A radio.
(b) A stove.
(c) An icebox.
(d) A mattress.
5. What work-at-home job does Kovály find after Margolius' death?
(a) Assembling slippers.
(b) Stuffing envelopes.
(c) Painting figurines.
(d) Weaving scarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Bartos?
2. To help haul ammunition, Kovály disguises herself as what?
3. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
4. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
5. What profession does Kovály assume after marrying Pavel?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)