|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
2. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
3. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(b) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(c) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(d) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
4. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Eleven hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Sixteen hours.
(d) Eight hours.
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
2. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
3. What kind of feeling is said to have pervaded Prague in 1968?
4. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
5. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)