|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many months is Kovály hidden by the resistance?
(a) Two months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Six months.
2. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
(a) For being unemployed.
(b) For plotting Margolius' escape.
(c) For conspiring with him.
(d) For interfering with the investigation of Margolius' crimes.
3. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
(a) She moves into the housing authority's offices.
(b) She is awarded it in a lottery.
(c) She waits patiently until one comes available.
(d) She lies about her identity.
4. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) A Communist one.
(b) A Feudalist one.
(c) A democratic one.
(d) An absolute monarchy.
5. Why does Margolius accept a high-ranking government job?
(a) To get a pay raise.
(b) He is forced to do so.
(c) So that he will have more power to make changes.
(d) To impress his neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eva?
2. Where does Kovály find a job in order to support herself and Ivan?
3. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
4. How does Marenka secure hospitalization for Kovály?
5. In what year is Kovály summoned to appear before a party committee?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)