|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(b) Rudolf Margolius.
(c) Mrs. Machova.
(d) A rabbi.
2. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
(a) They are incapable of dealing with the confusion.
(b) They build road blocks.
(c) They embrace the return.
(d) They search public records to identify returnees eligible for free housing.
3. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
4. Where does Kovály find a job in order to support herself and Ivan?
(a) At a dairy.
(b) At a print shop.
(c) At a nursery school.
(d) At a factory.
5. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A bank account number.
(c) Directions for avoiding the Gestapo.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help haul ammunition, Kovály disguises herself as what?
2. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
3. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
4. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
5. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)