|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kovály leave Prague after the news of the new governments accession?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
2. Who is Jan Masaryk?
(a) Margolius' assistant.
(b) Deputy Minister of National Defense.
(c) The Foreign Minister.
(d) Regional Party Secretary.
3. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
(a) They are left to freeze to death.
(b) They are chased by dogs.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are transported in cars.
4. Who dies just six months after Margolius' death?
(a) Pavel Eisler.
(b) Rudolf Slánský.
(d) Ivan Kovály.
5. As the Iron Curtain falls on Czechoslovakia, what happens to the media?
(a) The media becomes controlled by the State.
(b) The media focuses on feel-good stories.
(c) The media only reports Russian news.
(d) The media disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
3. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
4. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
5. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)