|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
(a) An icebox.
(b) A stove.
(c) A radio.
(d) A mattress.
2. What does the Party tell Kovály they refused to do in regards to Margolius?
(a) Publicly acknowledge his guilt.
(b) Publicly acknowledge his innocence.
(c) Publicly acknowledge his existence.
(d) Publicly acknowledge his experience as a prisoner.
3. Who is Rudolf Slánský?
(a) Margolius' underling.
(b) A Communist politician.
(c) A Russian diplomat.
(d) A resistance leader.
4. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
(a) For interfering with the investigation of Margolius' crimes.
(b) For conspiring with him.
(c) For plotting Margolius' escape.
(d) For being unemployed.
5. Who occupies Czechoslovakia after what is effectively a kidnapping of the new leadership?
(a) American troops.
(b) Japanese troops.
(c) Soviet bloc troops.
(d) German troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
2. What happens to many of the people who return to Prague from the concentration camps?
3. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
4. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
5. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)