|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Soviets.
(d) The Communist Party.
2. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
(b) A stomach ulcer.
(c) A chronic cough.
(d) An intense pain.
3. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
(a) They are shut-down.
(b) They were nationalized.
(c) They are unionized.
(d) They are collectivized.
4. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
(a) She is redirected to another camp.
(b) She is gassed.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She is assigned factory work.
5. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
(a) A group of girls around her age.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) Her God parents.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
2. How do Kovály's neighbors treat her after Margolius' arrest?
3. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
4. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
5. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)