|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Eleven hours.
(c) Sixteen hours.
(d) Twenty hours.
2. Which of the following is one place Kovály works during the war?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A clinic.
(c) A brick factory.
(d) An office.
3. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
4. During the summer of 1953, Kovály volunteers to help with what?
(a) A Communist rally.
(b) A public building project.
(c) A friend's anniversary party.
(d) The harvest.
5. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
(a) They are growing apart.
(b) They are being watched and followed.
(c) They are running out of money.
(d) They are being gossiped about by neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
2. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
3. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
4. When Margolias' trial begins, how long has it been since his arrest?
5. What anniversary celebration does Kovály and Margolius attend in 1950?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)