|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Kovály summoned to appear before a party committee?
2. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
(a) That it is a memorized speech.
(b) That he sounds ill.
(c) That it is not her husband speaking.
(d) That he is holding back tears.
3. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(b) Rudolf Margolius.
(c) The local Rabbi.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Who is Mrs. Machova?
(a) Kovály's disapproving neighbor.
(b) A friend who looks after Kovály's son.
(c) Kovály's housekeeper.
(d) Ivan Kovály's teacher.
5. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
(a) She waits patiently until one comes available.
(b) She moves into the housing authority's offices.
(c) She is awarded it in a lottery.
(d) She lies about her identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kovály react to the news that the Party committee gives her?
2. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
3. After the power change in 1956, what do soviet satellite nations begin to do?
4. What profession does Kovály assume after marrying Pavel?
5. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)