|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
(a) Flowers in bloom.
(b) A dead SS Soldier.
(c) Children playing.
(d) Nazi propaganda posters being torn down.
2. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
3. What happens at the mass meeting Kovály attends in 1967?
(a) A riot takes place.
(b) Party officials take questions from the attendees.
(c) The leader of the Communist Party stops by.
(d) A vote occurs which decides the fate of protestors.
4. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
(a) They are being gossiped about by neighbors.
(b) They are being watched and followed.
(c) They are running out of money.
(d) They are growing apart.
5. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
(b) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
2. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
3. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
4. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
5. After the power change in 1956, what do soviet satellite nations begin to do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)