|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
(b) Toilet paper.
2. After recovering from her illness and mourning, what document does Kovály realize she needs in order to arrange her life?
(a) Her birth certificate.
(b) A death certificate.
(c) Her husband's will.
(d) A driver's license.
3. What happens politically in the spring of 1968?
(a) The people reject the Communist system.
(b) The leader of the Communist Party step down.
(c) Czechoslovakia becomes a democracy.
(d) The Communist Party implement many new strict laws.
4. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
(a) That he sounds ill.
(b) That he is holding back tears.
(c) That it is not her husband speaking.
(d) That it is a memorized speech.
5. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
2. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
3. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
4. What is the reality of the Russian government?
5. How does Kovály learn that the new government has acceded to the demands being put on it?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)