|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1967, public sentiment shifts away from what?
(a) Equal rights for women.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) Democratic ideals.
(d) Spending money on rebuilding Prague.
2. What happens at the mass meeting Kovály attends in 1967?
(a) Party officials take questions from the attendees.
(b) The leader of the Communist Party stops by.
(c) A vote occurs which decides the fate of protestors.
(d) A riot takes place.
3. Why do guards stop Kovály at the border when she tries to leave Czechoslovakia?
(a) Her photograph does not resemble her aged face.
(b) She is a wanted fugitive.
(c) She does not have the right paperwork.
(d) No one is allowed to cross the borders.
4. How is Kovály able to communicate with Margolius after his arrest?
(a) Over weekly telephone calls.
(b) Via a monthly telegram.
(c) Once a month, via a letter.
(d) By visiting him every other day.
5. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
(a) They are transported in cars.
(b) They are chased by dogs.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are left to freeze to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Kovály grow up?
2. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
3. As Communism takes hold in Czechoslovakia, what does Kovály note about the confessions issued by arrested individuals?
4. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
5. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)