|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
(a) A banking job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) A factory job.
(d) A farming job.
2. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) Long roll calls.
(b) An execution.
(c) Exercise sessions.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
3. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
(a) Finance Minister.
(b) Deputy Minister of Foreign Trade.
(c) Deputy Minister of State Security.
(d) General Secretary.
4. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
(a) They are being watched and followed.
(b) They are growing apart.
(c) They are being gossiped about by neighbors.
(d) They are running out of money.
5. What work does Pavel Kovály find for Kovály after she loses her work-at-home job?
(a) Translation work.
(b) A position at a shoe store.
(c) Freelance art work.
(d) An office assistant job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the apartment like that Kovály is assigned?
2. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
3. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
4. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
5. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)