|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Kovály and Margolius at the anniversary celebration?
(a) Rudolf Slánský.
(b) Tomáš Masaryk.
(c) Josef Frank.
(d) Klement Gottwald.
2. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Lenin and Marx.
(b) Hitler and Stalin.
(c) Her God-mother and God-father.
(d) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
3. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
(a) About one month.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three months.
4. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
5. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
(a) The arrest makes Margolius question the Communist government for the first time.
(b) The arrest means Margolius' gets a promotion at work.
(c) The arrest makes Margolius regret his friendship with Slánský.
(d) The arrest makes Margolius paranoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
2. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
3. Who is Mrs. Machova?
4. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
5. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)