|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens economically in Czechoslovakia as Communism takes hold?
(a) The economy grows by fifty percent.
(b) The economy booms.
(c) The economy slows to a crawl.
(d) Economic activity returns to its pre-war levels.
2. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
(a) Making money.
(b) Other people.
(c) Czech independence.
(d) Party politics.
3. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
(a) As tumultuous.
(b) As stable.
(c) A paradise.
(d) As a failure.
4. Which of the following does not describe the political gatherings Kovály attended with her husband?
5. What punishment does Margolius receive for his supposed crimes?
(a) A monetary fine.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) Ten years hard labor.
(d) Life in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Margolias' trial begins, how long has it been since his arrest?
2. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
3. As the Iron Curtain falls on Czechoslovakia, what happens to the media?
4. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
5. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)