|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margolius beg Kovály to do during their last meeting?
(a) Forget she ever knew him.
(b) Help his escape.
(d) Leave Czechoslovakia.
2. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Lenin and Marx.
(b) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(c) Hitler and Stalin.
(d) Her God-mother and God-father.
3. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
(a) A radio.
(b) A mattress.
(c) An icebox.
(d) A stove.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
5. Who is Dr. Bartos?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A psychologist
(c) An attorney.
(d) A pediatrician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
2. How long does it take Kovály to obtain the document she needs in order to arrange her life?
3. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
4. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
5. How do Kovály's neighbors treat her after Margolius' arrest?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)