|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
(a) Party politics.
(b) Czech independence.
(c) Making money.
(d) Other people.
2. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
(a) Rebuilding Prague.
(b) Having a family.
(c) Fighting for democracy.
(d) Emigrating to America.
3. For how many months is Kovály hidden by the resistance?
(a) Five months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
4. What is the reality of the Russian government?
(a) It rules fairly.
(b) It has no real power.
(c) It rules prosperously.
(d) It rules with terror.
5. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
(a) The Lesser Quarter.
(b) The Písek Gate.
(c) St. Wenceslas Square.
(d) The Old New Synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
2. Why does Margolius accept a high-ranking government job?
3. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
5. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)