|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
(a) To seize documents.
(b) To catalogue her possessions.
(c) To arrest Kovály.
(d) To confiscate her money.
2. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Child workers.
(b) Illegal immigrants.
(c) Convicted criminals.
(d) The elderly and destitute.
3. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
4. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
(a) As a failure.
(b) As stable.
(c) As tumultuous.
(d) A paradise.
5. In which country is Kovály born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
2. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
3. After the power change in 1956, what do soviet satellite nations begin to do?
4. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
5. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)