|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
(a) It is burned.
(b) It is fortified.
(c) It is partially dismantled.
(d) It is disguised as a factory.
2. Which army reaches Prague in May 1945?
(a) The Canadian army.
(b) The Romanian army.
(c) The American army.
(d) The Russian army.
3. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(b) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
(c) For taking some of her money.
(d) For turning her away when she needs help.
4. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
(a) The party refuses to let her.
(b) She is under house arrest.
(c) She cannot afford the moving fees.
(d) There is a housing shortage in Prague.
5. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
(a) They are incapable of dealing with the confusion.
(b) They build road blocks.
(c) They search public records to identify returnees eligible for free housing.
(d) They embrace the return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
2. Who is Dr. Bartos?
3. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
4. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
5. By the time Margolius is arrested, about how many other citizens had been arrested?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)