|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the summer of 1953, Kovály volunteers to help with what?
(a) The harvest.
(b) A public building project.
(c) A Communist rally.
(d) A friend's anniversary party.
2. What punishment does Margolius receive for his supposed crimes?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) A monetary fine.
(c) Ten years hard labor.
(d) The death penalty.
3. What anniversary celebration does Kovály and Margolius attend in 1950?
(a) The anniversary of Karl Marx's birth.
(b) The anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution.
(c) The anniversary of Gottwald's appointment as Prime Minister.
(d) The anniversary of Victorious February.
4. Why does Margolius accept a high-ranking government job?
(a) To impress his neighbors.
(b) So that he will have more power to make changes.
(c) He is forced to do so.
(d) To get a pay raise.
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
Short Answer Questions
1. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
2. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
3. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
4. What group does Margolius join after the war?
5. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)