|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) About one month.
2. Who is Mrs. Machova?
(a) A friend who looks after Kovály's son.
(b) Kovály's disapproving neighbor.
(c) Ivan Kovály's teacher.
(d) Kovály's housekeeper.
3. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
4. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
(a) Directions for avoiding the Gestapo.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A bank account number.
5. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
(a) A chronic cough.
(c) An intense pain.
(d) A stomach ulcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Margolius' verdict is announced, who arranges for Ivan to stay in the country a bit longer?
2. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
3. Who is Jan Masaryk?
4. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
5. How does Marenka secure hospitalization for Kovály?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)