|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eva?
(a) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(b) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(c) A young and frail camp inmate.
(d) Kovály's cousin.
2. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
(a) They have virtually no connection.
(b) They share an office.
(c) They know each other as teenagers.
(d) They play golf together.
3. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
(a) For plotting Margolius' escape.
(b) For being unemployed.
(c) For interfering with the investigation of Margolius' crimes.
(d) For conspiring with him.
4. Who is Rudolf Slánský?
(a) A Communist politician.
(b) A resistance leader.
(c) Margolius' underling.
(d) A Russian diplomat.
5. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
(a) They embrace the return.
(b) They search public records to identify returnees eligible for free housing.
(c) They build road blocks.
(d) They are incapable of dealing with the confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
2. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
3. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
4. In which city does Kovály grow up?
5. What happens when family associates and friends hear about Margolius' arrest?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)