|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are fined.
(d) They are ostracized.
2. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
(a) For conspiring with him.
(b) For being unemployed.
(c) For interfering with the investigation of Margolius' crimes.
(d) For plotting Margolius' escape.
5. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
(a) They are collectivized.
(b) They were nationalized.
(c) They are unionized.
(d) They are shut-down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
2. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
3. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
4. What does Pavel Kovály find for the apartment Kovály moves to after Margolius' death?
5. Who dies just six months after Margolius' death?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)