|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
(a) Fighting for democracy.
(b) Having a family.
(c) Rebuilding Prague.
(d) Emigrating to America.
2. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(b) Child workers.
(c) The elderly and destitute.
(d) Convicted criminals.
3. What name does Kovály give her first child?
4. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) An execution.
(b) Exercise sessions.
(c) Long roll calls.
(d) Coffee and donuts.
5. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
(a) To live with his mother.
(b) To a small apartment in another city.
(c) To the attic of a friend's house.
(d) To America.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
2. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
3. After the end of the war, which one of Kovály's friends gives her a place to stay?
4. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
5. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)