|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
(d) Mrs. Machova.
2. After recovering from her illness and mourning, what document does Kovály realize she needs in order to arrange her life?
(a) Her birth certificate.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) A death certificate.
(d) A driver's license.
3. What position for a publisher does Kovály secure for herself in 1946?
(a) Art editor.
(b) Production artist.
4. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
5. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
(a) When the hospital becomes over-crowded with patients.
(b) After Kovály loses her temper with a nurse.
(c) When they find out her husband has been arrested.
(d) When it becomes clear she has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the summer of 1953, Kovály volunteers to help with what?
2. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
3. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
4. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
5. What happens when Pavel Kovály and Kovály marry?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)