|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
2. After recovering from her illness and mourning, what document does Kovály realize she needs in order to arrange her life?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) A death certificate.
(d) Her birth certificate.
3. Who hides some of Kovály's items in her building's basement?
(a) Pavel Kovály.
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(d) Kovály herself.
4. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
(a) They are unionized.
(b) They were nationalized.
(c) They are shut-down.
(d) They are collectivized.
5. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
(d) A kidney stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margolius accept a high-ranking government job?
2. What name does Kovály give her first child?
3. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
4. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
5. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)