|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Communism takes hold in Czechoslovakia, what does Kovály note about the confessions issued by arrested individuals?
(a) They are full of Party verbiage.
(b) They are heart-wrenching
(c) They are read in Russian.
(d) They are sarcastic.
2. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
(a) They are collectivized.
(b) They were nationalized.
(c) They are unionized.
(d) They are shut-down.
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
(a) A dead SS Soldier.
(b) Nazi propaganda posters being torn down.
(c) Children playing.
(d) Flowers in bloom.
5. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
(a) To catalogue her possessions.
(b) To arrest Kovály.
(c) To confiscate her money.
(d) To seize documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
2. For how many months is Kovály hidden by the resistance?
3. Who is favored by Communist propaganda?
4. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
5. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)