|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) The local Rabbi.
(b) Her aunt.
(d) Rudolf Margolius.
2. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
(a) News about family members who survive the war.
(b) News of some friends or family members' war-time demise.
(c) News about political corruption in the city.
(d) News about job opportunities abroad.
3. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A train station.
(b) A country inn.
(c) A farmer's field.
(d) A barn.
4. Who is Mrs. Machova?
(a) Kovály's disapproving neighbor.
(b) Kovály's housekeeper.
(c) A friend who looks after Kovály's son.
(d) Ivan Kovály's teacher.
5. Who is Eva?
(a) A young and frail camp inmate.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) Kovály's cousin.
(d) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
2. What happens when family associates and friends hear about Margolius' arrest?
3. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
4. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
5. How do Kovály's friends begin to treat her after Margolius accepts his high-ranking government job?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)