|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margolius accept a high-ranking government job?
(a) To get a pay raise.
(b) So that he will have more power to make changes.
(c) To impress his neighbors.
(d) He is forced to do so.
2. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
3. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(b) Convicted criminals.
(c) Child workers.
(d) The elderly and destitute.
4. What position for a publisher does Kovály secure for herself in 1946?
(a) Art editor.
(b) Production artist.
5. When Margolias' trial begins, how long has it been since his arrest?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
2. For how many months is Kovály hidden by the resistance?
3. Who else becomes seriously ill while Kovály recovers from her illness?
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
5. Which of the following is one place Kovály works during the war?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)