|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
(a) They were nationalized.
(b) They are collectivized.
(c) They are shut-down.
(d) They are unionized.
2. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(b) Child workers.
(c) Convicted criminals.
(d) The elderly and destitute.
3. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) A rabbi.
4. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
(a) Official hazing.
(b) Jail time.
(c) Financial ruin.
(d) Termination of employment.
5. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
(a) They play golf together.
(b) They have virtually no connection.
(c) They know each other as teenagers.
(d) They share an office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
2. What word does Kovály use to describe Pavel Kovály?
3. After the end of the war, which one of Kovály's friends gives her a place to stay?
4. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
5. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)