|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
(a) When it becomes clear she has no money.
(b) When they find out her husband has been arrested.
(c) After Kovály loses her temper with a nurse.
(d) When the hospital becomes over-crowded with patients.
2. In which country is Kovály born?
3. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
(a) She is under house arrest.
(b) There is a housing shortage in Prague.
(c) She cannot afford the moving fees.
(d) The party refuses to let her.
4. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
(a) A kidney stone.
5. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
(b) Documents and cash.
(c) Items made of silver.
(d) Jewish cultural items.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
2. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
3. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
4. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
5. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)