|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Margolius' verdict is announced, who arranges for Ivan to stay in the country a bit longer?
(a) Mrs. Machova.
(c) Pavel Kovály.
(d) Pavel Eisner.
2. While party officials publicly extol the virtues of proletariat work, what is going on in secret among government officials?
(a) Volunteer work.
(b) Military lotting to declare war on the Soviet Union.
(c) Planning to create job opportunities.
(d) Widespread corruption.
3. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) To Ostrava.
(b) To America.
(c) A better part of Prague.
(d) To the Soviet Union.
4. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
(a) As a failure.
(b) As stable.
(c) As tumultuous.
(d) A paradise.
5. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Hitler and Stalin.
(b) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(c) Her God-mother and God-father.
(d) Lenin and Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
2. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
3. What happens to the national borders as 1948 end?
4. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
5. How do Kovály's neighbors treat her after Margolius' arrest?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)