|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
(a) Leaving their houses after dark.
(b) Overhearing political discussions.
(c) Anything that could be construed as disloyal to the party.
(d) Wearing unfashionable clothing.
2. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are relocated via train.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are released.
(d) They are marched westward.
3. How does Kovály describe the atmosphere in Prague by the middle of 1951?
(a) As unnerving.
(b) As peaceful and calm.
(c) As hostile as it had been during the Nazi occupation.
(d) As having an air of freedom.
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(b) Lenin and Marx.
(c) Hitler and Stalin.
(d) Her God-mother and God-father.
5. Who else becomes seriously ill while Kovály recovers from her illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
2. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
3. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
4. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
5. What name does Kovály give her first child?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)