|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Drafting of maps.
(b) Physical labor.
(c) Food preparation.
(d) Cleaning duties.
2. Where does Kovály find a job in order to support herself and Ivan?
(a) At a factory.
(b) At a nursery school.
(c) At a dairy.
(d) At a print shop.
3. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
(a) A farming job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) A factory job.
(d) A banking job.
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The housing authority.
(b) The local resistance.
(c) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Soviets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
2. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
3. What happens to the national borders as 1948 end?
4. What does Ivan promise his mother when he finally returns from the country?
5. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)