|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
(a) The party refuses to let her.
(b) There is a housing shortage in Prague.
(c) She cannot afford the moving fees.
(d) She is under house arrest.
2. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For turning her away when she needs help.
(b) For taking some of her money.
(c) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(d) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
3. What happens to the national borders as 1948 end?
(a) The borders are closed.
(b) The borders are reopened.
(c) The borders are extended.
(d) The Soviet Union stations their armies at the borders.
4. What happens when family associates and friends hear about Margolius' arrest?
(a) They sever all relations to Kovály.
(b) They send food and money to Kovály.
(c) They arrange a lawyer for Margolius.
(d) They stage a protest.
5. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
(c) A kidney stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her illness, what does Kovály do to prepare to reenter the outside world?
2. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
3. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
4. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
5. By the time Margolius is arrested, about how many other citizens had been arrested?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)