|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
(a) A chronic cough.
(c) An intense pain.
(d) A stomach ulcer.
2. What is the meaning of the 'S' stamped on Margolius' case file?
(a) His arrest is associated with Slánský's arrest.
(b) That his arrest relates to state security.
(c) It indicates that he is Jewish.
(d) It indicates that the Soviet Union requested his arrest.
3. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(a) A rabbi.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) Mrs. Machova.
4. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
5. What anniversary celebration does Kovály and Margolius attend in 1950?
(a) The anniversary of Victorious February.
(b) The anniversary of Gottwald's appointment as Prime Minister.
(c) The anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution.
(d) The anniversary of Karl Marx's birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
2. How does Kovály describe the atmosphere in Prague by the middle of 1951?
3. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
4. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
5. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)