|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are ostracized.
(c) They are fined.
(d) They are imprisoned.
2. Who is Franz?
(a) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
(b) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
(c) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
(d) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
3. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
4. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) A better part of Prague.
(b) To the Soviet Union.
(c) To Ostrava.
(d) To America.
5. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
(a) Termination of employment.
(b) Official hazing.
(c) Jail time.
(d) Financial ruin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
2. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
3. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
4. What anniversary celebration does Kovály and Margolius attend in 1950?
5. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)