|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
(a) Ruda himself.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Mrs. Machova.
2. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
3. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
(a) Her son.
(b) Political discussions.
(c) Her friends.
(d) The outside world.
4. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) Rudolf Margolius.
(c) The local Rabbi.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What group does Margolius join after the war?
(a) Politika 21.
(b) Civic Democratic Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Workers Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
2. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
3. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
4. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
5. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)