|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) An execution.
(b) Coffee and donuts.
(c) Exercise sessions.
(d) Long roll calls.
2. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
(a) She waits patiently until one comes available.
(b) She is awarded it in a lottery.
(c) She lies about her identity.
(d) She moves into the housing authority's offices.
3. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
(a) It was incorruptable.
(b) It was more successful than it was in Russia.
(c) That is would be no different than it was in Russia.
(d) It would fail within months.
4. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
5. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
(a) The Lvóv Ghetto.
(b) The Vilna Ghetto.
(c) The Lublin Ghetto.
(d) The Lodz Ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
3. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
4. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
5. In which country is Kovály born?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)