|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
2. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They follow a river out of Germany.
(b) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(c) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(d) They receive help from a Greman officer.
3. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Physical labor.
(b) Food preparation.
(c) Drafting of maps.
(d) Cleaning duties.
4. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
(a) Leaving their houses after dark.
(b) Overhearing political discussions.
(c) Anything that could be construed as disloyal to the party.
(d) Wearing unfashionable clothing.
5. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
(a) It is burned.
(b) It is disguised as a factory.
(c) It is fortified.
(d) It is partially dismantled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kovály realize some important Communist officers live?
2. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
3. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
4. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
5. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)