|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
(a) Toilet paper.
2. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
3. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) The local Rabbi.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) Her aunt.
4. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She collapses with a fever.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is visited by a former classmate.
(d) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
5. After the end of the war, which one of Kovály's friends gives her a place to stay?
(b) None of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
2. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
3. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
4. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
5. Where does Kovály realize some important Communist officers live?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)