|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are ostracized.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are fined.
(d) They are imprisoned.
2. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
(a) Take all their money from the banks.
(b) Loot and riot.
(d) Pawn their possessions.
3. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) A better part of Prague.
(b) To Ostrava.
(c) To America.
(d) To the Soviet Union.
4. Who is Eva?
(a) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(b) A young and frail camp inmate.
(c) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(d) Kovály's cousin.
5. Why does Margolius accept a high-ranking government job?
(a) To get a pay raise.
(b) So that he will have more power to make changes.
(c) To impress his neighbors.
(d) He is forced to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
2. What happens to many of the people who return to Prague from the concentration camps?
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
5. What is the reality of the Russian government?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)