|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
(a) Volunteer work.
(b) Argue about politics.
(c) Play cards.
2. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
(b) She collapses with a fever.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She is visited by a former classmate.
3. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
(a) As stable.
(b) As a failure.
(c) A paradise.
(d) As tumultuous.
4. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
(a) They are gone.
(b) They are terrified of being seen with her.
(c) They pool their money and prepare a place for her to stay.
(d) They notify the Gestapo of her return.
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
2. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
3. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
4. Where does Kovály realize some important Communist officers live?
5. After the end of the war, which one of Kovály's friends gives her a place to stay?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)