|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) An artist.
(b) A physician.
(c) A writer.
(d) A teacher.
2. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
(a) Financial support.
(b) A bed.
(c) A shopping spree.
3. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
4. Where does Kovály realize some important Communist officers live?
(a) In the poorest Prague neighborhoods.
(b) In former Jewish neighborhoods.
(c) In luxury apartments.
(d) Next door to her family.
5. How does Margolius feel about his work for the Communist Party?
(a) He is indifferent to his role.
(b) He feels he is working against Czechoslovakia's best interests.
(c) He is devoted to it.
(d) He does his work without conviction.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
2. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
3. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
4. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
5. In which country is Kovály born?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)