|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
(a) Political discussions.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her friends.
(d) The outside world.
2. What is the apartment like that Kovály is assigned?
3. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) Her aunt.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) The local Rabbi.
4. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
(b) Toilet paper.
5. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She collapses with a fever.
(b) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
(c) She is visited by a former classmate.
(d) She is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
2. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
3. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)