|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country is Kovály born?
2. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
(a) She lies about her identity.
(b) She moves into the housing authority's offices.
(c) She waits patiently until one comes available.
(d) She is awarded it in a lottery.
3. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
(a) Enjoy the springtime.
(b) Visit with friends.
(c) Visit the library.
(d) Plant flowers.
4. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Convicted criminals.
(b) The elderly and destitute.
(c) Child workers.
(d) Illegal immigrants.
5. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) A Communist one.
(b) An absolute monarchy.
(c) A democratic one.
(d) A Feudalist one.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help haul ammunition, Kovály disguises herself as what?
2. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
3. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
4. In what year does Kovály's have a baby?
5. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)