|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
(a) As stable.
(b) As tumultuous.
(c) As a failure.
(d) A paradise.
2. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
3. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) The elderly and destitute.
(b) Illegal immigrants.
(c) Convicted criminals.
(d) Child workers.
4. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
(a) She moves into the housing authority's offices.
(b) She lies about her identity.
(c) She is awarded it in a lottery.
(d) She waits patiently until one comes available.
5. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
(a) The Lvóv Ghetto.
(b) The Lublin Ghetto.
(c) The Vilna Ghetto.
(d) The Lodz Ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
2. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
3. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
4. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
5. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)