|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
2. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
(a) Enjoy the springtime.
(b) Visit with friends.
(c) Visit the library.
(d) Plant flowers.
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her God parents.
(c) A group of girls around her age.
(d) An elderly woman.
5. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
(a) Hiding in a train station.
(b) At a synagogue.
(c) Sitting in a cafe.
(d) At a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
2. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
3. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
4. After the end of the war, which one of Kovály's friends gives her a place to stay?
5. In which country is Kovály born?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)