|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(b) A rabbi.
(c) Mrs. Machova.
(d) Rudolf Margolius.
2. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Drafting of maps.
(b) Food preparation.
(c) Physical labor.
(d) Cleaning duties.
3. Who is Eva?
(a) Kovály's cousin.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(d) A young and frail camp inmate.
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(b) Hitler and Stalin.
(c) Her God-mother and God-father.
(d) Lenin and Marx.
5. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(b) Rudolf Margolius.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The local Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
2. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
3. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
4. Who is Franz?
5. Which of the following is one place Kovály works during the war?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)