|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country is Kovály born?
2. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(b) They follow a river out of Germany.
(c) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(d) They hide in the back of an army truck.
3. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
(c) A young Jewish woman.
4. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
(d) Mrs. Machova.
5. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(b) The local Rabbi.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Rudolf Margolius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reality of the Russian government?
2. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
3. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
4. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)