|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are released.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are marched westward.
(d) They are relocated via train.
2. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Ruda himself.
3. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(a) Rudolf Margolius.
(c) Mrs. Machova.
(d) A rabbi.
4. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
5. Who is Eva?
(a) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(b) A young and frail camp inmate.
(c) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(d) Kovály's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
2. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
3. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
4. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
5. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)