|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
3. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Sixteen hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Eleven hours.
(d) Eight hours.
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
(a) The American army.
(b) The Russian army.
(c) The Chinese army.
(d) The British army.
5. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She is visited by a former classmate.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She collapses with a fever.
(d) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
2. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
4. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
5. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)