|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reality of the Russian government?
(a) It rules with terror.
(b) It rules fairly.
(c) It rules prosperously.
(d) It has no real power.
2. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) An absolute monarchy.
(b) A Communist one.
(c) A democratic one.
(d) A Feudalist one.
3. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
(b) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(c) For taking some of her money.
(d) For turning her away when she needs help.
4. What happens to many of the people who return to Prague from the concentration camps?
(a) They are turned to the streets.
(b) They are given free housing outside of Prague.
(c) They are returned to their homes.
(d) They are imprisoned.
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
2. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
3. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
4. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
5. How does Franz treat Eva at the camp?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)