|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
(a) Argue about politics.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Play cards.
2. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
(b) She collapses with a fever.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She is visited by a former classmate.
3. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
(b) A young Jewish woman.
4. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
(b) Mrs. Machova.
5. To help haul ammunition, Kovály disguises herself as what?
(a) A man.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A Red Cross worker.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
2. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
3. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
4. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
5. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)