|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
2. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
(a) The Chinese army.
(b) The Russian army.
(c) The American army.
(d) The British army.
3. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The local resistance.
(d) The housing authority.
5. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(b) For taking some of her money.
(c) For turning her away when she needs help.
(d) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
2. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
3. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
4. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
5. Who is Eva?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)