|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
(a) He is thrown a surprise party.
(b) He falls into a coma and dies.
(c) He escapes from the ghetto.
(d) He is imprisoned by the Nazis.
2. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Her God-mother and God-father.
(b) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(c) Hitler and Stalin.
(d) Lenin and Marx.
3. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Reading magazines.
(c) Studying art.
(d) Writing to friends abroad.
4. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
(a) An uprising against the Nazis in Czechoslovakia.
(b) Kovály gives birth to her first child.
(c) A great fire destroys much of Prague.
(d) Kovály is discovered and taken into custody.
5. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one place Kovály works during the war?
2. What is the reality of the Russian government?
3. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
4. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
5. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)