|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
(a) By row boat.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By streetcar.
(d) By bicycle.
2. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
(a) Play cards.
(c) Argue about politics.
(d) Volunteer work.
3. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) A physician.
(b) A writer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An artist.
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(c) The local resistance.
(d) The housing authority.
5. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(b) They follow a river out of Germany.
(c) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(d) They receive help from a Greman officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
2. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
3. Which army reaches Prague in May 1945?
4. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
5. How does Franz treat Eva at the camp?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)