|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help haul ammunition, Kovály disguises herself as what?
(a) A man.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A Red Cross worker.
(d) A soldier.
2. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An artist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A physician.
3. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
(a) By streetcar.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By row boat.
4. Who is Franz?
(a) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
(b) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
(c) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
(d) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
5. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
2. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
3. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
4. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
5. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)