|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) Rudolf Margolius.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The local Rabbi.
2. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
(a) A young Jewish woman.
3. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is redirected to another camp.
(c) She is gassed.
(d) She is assigned factory work.
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The housing authority.
(d) The local resistance.
5. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Argue about politics.
(d) Volunteer work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
2. What happens to many of the people who return to Prague from the concentration camps?
3. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
4. After the end of the war, which one of Kovály's friends gives her a place to stay?
5. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)