|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are released.
(c) They are relocated via train.
(d) They are marched westward.
2. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
(a) By streetcar.
(b) By bicycle.
(c) By taxi.
(d) By row boat.
3. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is gassed.
(c) She is assigned factory work.
(d) She is redirected to another camp.
4. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(b) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
(c) For taking some of her money.
(d) For turning her away when she needs help.
5. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(b) Lenin and Marx.
(c) Hitler and Stalin.
(d) Her God-mother and God-father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to many of the people who return to Prague from the concentration camps?
2. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
3. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
4. Who is Franz?
5. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)