|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
(a) As stable.
(b) A paradise.
(c) As a failure.
(d) As tumultuous.
2. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
3. Who is Eva?
(a) Kovály's cousin.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) A young and frail camp inmate.
(d) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
4. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
(a) Directions for avoiding the Gestapo.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A bank account number.
5. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For turning her away when she needs help.
(b) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(c) For taking some of her money.
(d) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
2. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
3. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
4. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
5. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)