|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
(d) Toilet paper.
2. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A physician.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writer.
3. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
(a) The Chinese army.
(b) The American army.
(c) The British army.
(d) The Russian army.
4. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
5. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Her God-mother and God-father.
(b) Hitler and Stalin.
(c) Lenin and Marx.
(d) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
2. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
3. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
4. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)