|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) The Soviets.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) Nazi Germany.
3. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) An artist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) A physician.
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
(a) The American army.
(b) The Russian army.
(c) The Chinese army.
(d) The British army.
5. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
(a) Ruda himself.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Mrs. Machova.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
2. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
3. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
4. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
5. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)