|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Sixteen hours.
(d) Eleven hours.
2. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) A physician.
(c) An artist.
(d) A teacher.
3. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
(a) A bank account number.
(b) Directions for avoiding the Gestapo.
(c) A prayer.
4. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) A rabbi.
5. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A barn.
(b) A train station.
(c) A farmer's field.
(d) A country inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
2. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
3. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
4. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
5. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)