|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Food preparation.
(b) Physical labor.
(c) Cleaning duties.
(d) Drafting of maps.
2. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is gassed.
(c) She is assigned factory work.
(d) She is redirected to another camp.
3. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They follow a river out of Germany.
(b) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(c) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(d) They hide in the back of an army truck.
4. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
(a) At a synagogue.
(b) At a church.
(c) Sitting in a cafe.
(d) Hiding in a train station.
5. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are fined.
(c) They are ostracized.
(d) They are imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
2. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
3. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
4. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
5. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)