|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
2. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) Coffee and donuts.
(b) Long roll calls.
(c) An execution.
(d) Exercise sessions.
3. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(c) Ruda himself.
(d) A police officer.
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The local resistance.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The housing authority.
(d) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
5. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
(a) They pool their money and prepare a place for her to stay.
(b) They are terrified of being seen with her.
(c) They are gone.
(d) They notify the Gestapo of her return.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
2. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
3. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
4. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
5. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)