|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
3. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
(a) At a synagogue.
(b) At a church.
(c) Sitting in a cafe.
(d) Hiding in a train station.
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(c) The local resistance.
(d) The housing authority.
5. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Twenty hours.
(b) Sixteen hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Eleven hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
2. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
3. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
4. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
5. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)