|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(b) They follow a river out of Germany.
(c) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(d) They receive help from a Greman officer.
2. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are relocated via train.
(b) They are marched westward.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are released.
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The local resistance.
(b) The housing authority.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
2. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
3. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
4. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
5. In which country is Kovály born?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)