|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She is visited by a former classmate.
(b) She collapses with a fever.
(c) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
(d) She is arrested.
2. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
(a) A loan shark.
(b) A rabid dog.
(c) A fire.
(d) A Nazi officer.
3. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
(a) She is redirected to another camp.
(b) She is gassed.
(c) She is assigned factory work.
(d) She is shot.
4. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) Exercise sessions.
(b) Coffee and donuts.
(c) An execution.
(d) Long roll calls.
5. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are fined.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are ostracized.
(d) They are executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
2. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
3. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
4. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
5. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)