|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(d) Ruda himself.
2. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(b) They follow a river out of Germany.
(c) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(d) They receive help from a Greman officer.
3. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
(a) They notify the Gestapo of her return.
(b) They are gone.
(c) They pool their money and prepare a place for her to stay.
(d) They are terrified of being seen with her.
4. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) An execution.
(b) Coffee and donuts.
(c) Exercise sessions.
(d) Long roll calls.
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
2. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
3. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
4. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
5. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)