|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
(a) Her God parents.
(b) Her family.
(c) A group of girls around her age.
(d) An elderly woman.
2. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Twenty hours.
(b) Eleven hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Sixteen hours.
3. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
4. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
5. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) The elderly and destitute.
(b) Convicted criminals.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) Child workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. Which of the following is one place Kovály works during the war?
3. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
5. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)