|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Kovály at Ruda's home?
(b) A police officer.
(c) Ruda himself.
(d) Mrs. Machova.
2. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(b) They follow a river out of Germany.
(c) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(d) They receive help from a Greman officer.
3. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are relocated via train.
(c) They are marched westward.
(d) They are released.
4. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
5. Who is Eva?
(a) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) A young and frail camp inmate.
(d) Kovály's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
3. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
4. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
5. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)