|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
(a) They notify the Gestapo of her return.
(b) They are terrified of being seen with her.
(c) They pool their money and prepare a place for her to stay.
(d) They are gone.
2. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Food preparation.
(b) Drafting of maps.
(c) Cleaning duties.
(d) Physical labor.
3. Who is Franz?
(a) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
(b) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
(c) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
(d) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
4. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
5. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Eleven hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Twenty hours.
(d) Sixteen hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
2. Which of the following is one place Kovály works during the war?
3. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
4. Who is Eva?
5. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)