|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
2. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
3. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are relocated via train.
(b) They are marched westward.
(c) They are released.
(d) They are executed.
4. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
(a) They are chased by dogs.
(b) They are transported in cars.
(c) They are left to freeze to death.
(d) They are shot.
5. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Her God-mother and God-father.
(b) Lenin and Marx.
(c) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(d) Hitler and Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
2. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
3. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
4. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
5. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)