|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
2. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
3. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(b) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(c) They follow a river out of Germany.
(d) They hide in the back of an army truck.
4. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
(a) At a synagogue.
(b) Sitting in a cafe.
(c) At a church.
(d) Hiding in a train station.
5. In which country is Kovály born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
5. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)