|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
(d) The Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.
2. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(b) Hitler and Stalin.
(c) Lenin and Marx.
(d) Her God-mother and God-father.
3. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
(a) The Lublin Ghetto.
(b) The Lodz Ghetto.
(c) The Lvóv Ghetto.
(d) The Vilna Ghetto.
4. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
(d) Toilet paper.
5. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) An execution.
(b) Long roll calls.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Exercise sessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
2. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
3. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
5. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)