|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) A physician.
(b) A writer.
(c) An artist.
(d) A teacher.
2. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She collapses with a fever.
(b) She is visited by a former classmate.
(c) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
(d) She is arrested.
3. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
4. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are marched westward.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are relocated via train.
(d) They are released.
5. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) Long roll calls.
(b) Exercise sessions.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
(d) An execution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
2. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
3. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
4. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
5. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)