|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
(a) By row boat.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By streetcar.
(d) By bicycle.
2. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
3. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The housing authority.
(c) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(d) The local resistance.
4. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A Nazi officer.
(c) A loan shark.
(d) A fire.
5. In which country is Kovály born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
2. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
3. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
5. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)