|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eva?
(a) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(b) A young and frail camp inmate.
(c) Kovály's cousin.
(d) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
2. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(b) They follow a river out of Germany.
(c) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(d) They receive help from a Greman officer.
3. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
4. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(b) Convicted criminals.
(c) The elderly and destitute.
(d) Child workers.
5. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(a) Mrs. Machova.
(b) A rabbi.
(d) Rudolf Margolius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
3. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
4. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
5. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)