|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
2. In which city does Kovály grow up?
3. Who is Franz?
(a) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
(b) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
(c) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
(d) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
4. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A country inn.
(b) A barn.
(c) A farmer's field.
(d) A train station.
5. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(b) Child workers.
(c) Convicted criminals.
(d) The elderly and destitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
2. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
3. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
4. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
5. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)