|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is a typical workday in the camp?
(a) Eleven hours.
(b) Sixteen hours.
(c) Twenty hours.
(d) Eight hours.
2. Who is Eva?
(a) Kovály's cousin.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) A young and frail camp inmate.
(d) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
3. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
(a) It is partially dismantled.
(b) It is disguised as a factory.
(c) It is fortified.
(d) It is burned.
4. How does Franz treat Eva at the camp?
(a) He treats her like a friend.
(b) He treats her with fatherly concern.
(c) He is verbally abusive.
(d) He is physically abusive.
5. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A train station.
(b) A farmer's field.
(c) A barn.
(d) A country inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
2. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
3. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
4. In which city does Kovály grow up?
5. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)