|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are fined.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are ostracized.
2. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
(a) It is partially dismantled.
(b) It is fortified.
(c) It is disguised as a factory.
(d) It is burned.
3. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She collapses with a fever.
(d) She is visited by a former classmate.
4. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The housing authority.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(d) The local resistance.
5. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
(a) A loan shark.
(b) A fire.
(c) A Nazi officer.
(d) A rabid dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one place Kovály works during the war?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
3. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
4. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
5. Who is Franz?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)