|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the end of the war, which one of Kovály's friends gives her a place to stay?
(d) None of them.
2. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(b) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(c) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(d) They follow a river out of Germany.
3. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
4. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
(a) They are former resistance members.
(b) They are unmarried men.
(c) They are Jewish.
(d) They are middle-level politicians.
5. Why does Kovály's savings disappear in the spring of 1953?
(a) Because of a currency devaluation.
(b) She is robbed.
(c) The Communists empty her bank account.
(d) She loans the money to friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
2. What name does Kovály give her first child?
3. How is Kovály able to communicate with Margolius after his arrest?
4. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
5. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)