|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are fined.
(c) They are ostracized.
(d) They are executed.
2. Who is Franz?
(a) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
(b) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
(c) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
(d) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
3. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
4. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) To the Soviet Union.
(b) To Ostrava.
(c) To America.
(d) A better part of Prague.
5. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
(a) Official hazing.
(b) Jail time.
(c) Termination of employment.
(d) Financial ruin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
2. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
3. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
4. What anniversary celebration does Kovály and Margolius attend in 1950?
5. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)