|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A farmer's field.
(b) A barn.
(c) A country inn.
(d) A train station.
2. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Cleaning duties.
(b) Physical labor.
(c) Drafting of maps.
(d) Food preparation.
3. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
4. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
(a) They build road blocks.
(b) They embrace the return.
(c) They are incapable of dealing with the confusion.
(d) They search public records to identify returnees eligible for free housing.
5. What name does Kovály give her first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
3. What is the apartment like that Kovály is assigned?
4. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
5. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)